Dismiss Notice
Subscribe to BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99! (Limited time offer, US delivery only)

Insane Clown Shoes Posse

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by JuniperJesus, Nov 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StubFaceJoe

StubFaceJoe Initiate (0) Nov 24, 2011 Colorado

As long as its for fallen Juggaloz, we're cool.

2. TickleMeTony

TickleMeTony Initiate (0) Sep 18, 2013 Colorado

I recently tried a Galactica from them, for which I was very excited for, seeing as I love galaxy hops. It must not have been fresh because I could only taste malty bread. VERY disappointed but I'm going to blame it on not being fresh. I'll try it again. Other than that, the rest of their beers are dece at best. Nothing to great, nothing too shitty either. I would like to try the black IPA bomber (forgot the name).

3. Phobicsquirrel

Phobicsquirrel Devotee (482) Oct 1, 2013 Oregon
    Beer Trader

..no kidding, even though the iron maiden beer doesn't do much for me I love the bottle. nice to have a icp beer as well.

4. KevinGordon

KevinGordon Initiate (0) Dec 16, 2012 North Carolina

Really? I dont think 9.99 for a 12.5% ABV bourbon barreled imperial stout is too overpriced. Sure its no BCBS but its really good. Vampire Slayer for 7 dollars is also incredible. All of the Imperial Stouts are worth it. If you're talking about their IPAs and Belgian IPAs then ok maybe you have a point. But there are some real winners in the Clown Shoes portfolio. Luchador en Fuego in particular (someone said its coming back? I hope so but they said it was a one-off) was a very well done bourbon barrel chile chocolate stout

5. mquartuccio87

mquartuccio87 Initiate (0) Jun 10, 2013 New York
    Beer Trader

just got some very angry beast cant wait to try.

6. ThickNStout

ThickNStout Poo-Bah (2,091) Mar 8, 2011 Georgia
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Clown Shoes freakin rock! Their entire line-up of stouts are excellent. And fresh Galactica is proof they can hop a beer with the best of them.

Agreed that you need to be a bit wary of dates but that's no concern on the stouts.

I'm really looking forward to Hammer of the Holy (I think it's Vampire Slayer- now known as Undead Party Crasher- aged in rum barrels!) and their 4th anniversary Billionaire (bourbon barreled English barleywine).
    And I wish they'd bring Eagle Claw Fist back and put it in 4 packs.

7. shnsajax

shnsajax Disciple (361) Jul 2, 2013 Idaho
    Beer Trader

I'm sitting on my last one, can't decide when to drink it.

8. morimech

morimech Poo-Bah (2,954) Nov 6, 2006 Minnesota

Tramp Stamp and Galatica are awesome. The stouts, not so much.

The 4-packs seem to be shelf turds here in MN as well. Gotta check the dates.

9. MGambleWWS

MGambleWWS Initiate (0) Nov 12, 2007 Massachusetts

Hey, Matt from Clown Shoes here. Just wanted to pop in and say that while we don't pass judgement about people's personal lives and what kind of face paint they choose to wear, we are not and will not be associated with the Insane Clown Posse. Also to whoever keeps sending us invites to the Gathering of the Juggalos, please stop. :slight_smile:

Cheers

HaleNo85, BobbySRCA and RangnaR like this.
  10. LeeMarvin

LeeMarvin Initiate (0) Jan 15, 2005 Massachusetts

Love the stouts and Uncle Crunkle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.