IPA Hunter in Ct and RI

Discussion in 'New England' started by njramsfan, Oct 17, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. njramsfan

njramsfan Initiate (0) Jul 8, 2013 New Jersey

Help! Traveling from north jersey to Newport RI through I 95 in Ct.... Looking for SOS and Captains Daughter, can anyone help? Traveling Sunday morning... Thanks

2. xanok

xanok Initiate (0) Aug 13, 2009 Connecticut

SoS is a crapshoot dude. You will rarely just stumble on some on some random day, especially on a weekend. Most stores get enough to sell at a one 4pack per person rate to last one day, occasionally two. On a Sunday, you will almost certainly be shit out of luck. You'll be better off using beermenus.com and trying to find it on tap.

As far as Captains Daughter, your best bet is in the Westerly area. But again, it sells fast.

3. mrz200

mrz200 Initiate (0) Jul 11, 2013 Massachusetts

Pretty sure the SoS that dropped in CT a couple weeks ago was the first in over a month, and is well gone.

You can probably find Session#2 which is a damn fine beer and certainly one I snag when I get the chance. Definitely noticeably a Lawson's creation, but yeah it's a pricey session.

Captains Daughter might be in between releases too...we got a fraction of the usual quantity in Mass anyway.

4. Dopen993

Dopen993 Initiate (0) Jul 20, 2015 Rhode Island

CD was at all craft beer stores this week, that being said most only got a few cases so you might be out of luck. Rt 95 goes through westerly ri which is where Grey Sail is located. That might be your best bet for CD.

5. Newport_beerguy

Newport_beerguy Pooh-Bah (1,836) Feb 24, 2011 Rhode Island
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Yesterday afternoon Wakefield Liquors in South Kingstown, RI had about 6-7 cases of CD on the floor with canned on date of 10/07. Not sure how fast it goes, may want to call today to see if they can hold a 4-pack...

6. dortenzio1991

dortenzio1991 Initiate (0) Aug 12, 2011 Connecticut

SoS dropped in Fairfield County earlier this week. Probability of it being around tomorrow is slim to none though.

7. njramsfan

njramsfan Initiate (0) Jul 8, 2013 New Jersey

Thanks all

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.