Is Brandy Vanilla DL fading?

Discussion in 'Cellaring / Aging Beer' started by joromiller, Sep 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joromiller

joromiller Aspirant (250) Apr 3, 2013 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Anyone recently cracked a bottle? I'm working a trade for a bottle and I'm fearful it may have fallen off a tad. Also have an offer for VBDL13 (which is fabulous) and trying to figure out which beer I'd rather have.

Any insight is great appreciated.

Cheers!

2. regularjohn

regularjohn Initiate (0) Feb 7, 2013 New Jersey

what year did that come out? i mean bcbs vanilla is 3 years old and a lot of people are saying its drinking pretty amazing right now

3. joromiller

Beer Trader

Brandy V was 2011. I've had BCBVS several times over the past 6 months. It is drinking fabulous. I had it side-by-side with VBDL, and it was embarrassing how much the VBDL overall dwarfed the BCBVS.

Benny3000 likes this.
  4. regularjohn

regularjohn Initiate (0) Feb 7, 2013 New Jersey

several times!? i'd be happy to try it just once haha, i had cherry rye on tap and that was so damn good. i'd say go for the VBDL !

5. standardcherry

standardcherry Initiate (0) Jan 17, 2011 Massachusetts

I doubt it's fading, had the 12 around April/May and it was still a vanilla bomb. Really tasty but kinda wish it was a bit a bit more subtle. I had trouble finishing my part because it was too sweet by the end, split the bottle 3 ways.

6. Sean9689

Sean9689 Poo-Bah (2,053) Mar 17, 2009 Illinois
    Beer Trader

I've had Brandy Vanilla 3 times this year (Feb, Jul, and Sept according to my Untappd) and it's still drinking wonderfully. If you can get in on the same level as the 2013 Bourbon Vanilla, you're getting a steal.

CityofBals and ROBSTARR like this.
  7. Hindsight

Hindsight Initiate (62) Oct 8, 2011 Ohio
    Beer Trader

If you didn't have this figured out, why are you after it?

8. joromiller

Beer Trader

It was offered to me, hero.

regularjohn and ellswrth like this.
  9. TheRealDBCooper

TheRealDBCooper Aspirant (207) Mar 17, 2010 Svalbard & Jan Mayen Islands
    Beer Trader

I'm pretty sure it is faded, infected, oxidized, and not as hoppy as last year.

10. founder26

founder26 Initiate (0) Sep 9, 2009 Michigan

can I hang with you? :cool:

11. brian4beer

brian4beer Initiate (127) Jan 27, 2013 Indiana
    Beer Trader

If you can get it, GET IT!;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • Subscribe to BeerAdvocate Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.

Subscribe