ISO: For Phil ::: FT: Symmetry

Discussion in 'Limited' started by Kramerbarthomer, Jan 26, 2022.

1. Kramerbarthomer

Kramerbarthomer Champion (849) Mar 22, 2012 Colorado
    Trader

First time on BA in a long ass time.

1:1

Ships to Denver

KevSal, BourbonForBeer and Kylo76 like this.
  2. Ckgibu

Ckgibu Initiate (116) Jun 3, 2020 Hawaii
    Trader

FYI, based on current trades, you’re about halfway there

Affinity and Lowzor like this.
  3. TheNinthLetter

TheNinthLetter Initiate (178) Apr 16, 2017 New York
    Trader

Also fyi they are releasing for phil tomorrow so maybe see if you can find a proxy

4. Appearanceswc

Appearanceswc Aspirant (270) Mar 9, 2015 Virginia
    Trader

Halfway? Early reviews on For Phil is that its sorta hit or miss with some. Heard there's a crap ton of cinnamon in it and it's "only" a 4.37 on Untappd. Symmetry has 10X more reviews and sits at a 4.66 on Untappd.

The asking price is def higher for some reason for the For Phil but I don't think it's based on the taste or rarity. I'm not a local, but weren't bottles of Symmetry harder to come by than For Phil?

I could see OP needing to add a plus potentially but nothing too over the top.

TurkeysDrinkBeer likes this.
  5. Figueroada

Figueroada Initiate (88) Apr 21, 2016 Connecticut
    Trader

I think the difference in bottle size also plays a factor

6. MattOC

MattOC Defender (661) Jan 13, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

Aren’t they both 750s?

7. Luscious_Malfoy

Luscious_Malfoy Poo-Bah (4,032) Oct 5, 2016 Illinois
    Society Trader

they’re both 750 mL. seems like a fair trade to me. For Phil was more expensive than Symmetry but Symmetry seems even more limited.

8. MattOC

MattOC Defender (661) Jan 13, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

Yeah, for sure, just didn’t understand that comment that I replied to. They must be confusing beers/bottles.

Harrison8 and Luscious_Malfoy like this.
  9. fo5s

fo5s Initiate (185) Dec 2, 2005 Colorado
    Trader

For Phil valuations are high because it has only been released to club members so far. Expect it to fall after tomorrow's public release.

10. Appearanceswc

Trader

I was thinking the same thing. I'm wondering if this will be similar to BAA since it has the influence of Perennial.

11. RyanMcFly1985

RyanMcFly1985 Disciple (343) Oct 20, 2007 Ohio
    Trader

I’ve also been surprised at how many STL guys who typically try to rake people over the coals are looking to unload this one quickly. From what I’ve heard from folks that have had both this and Symmetry, Symmetry is the superior beer. Obviously just opinions.

Harrison8, fo5s, KevSal and 4 others like this.
  12. Ckgibu

Trader

Was just stating what the going values of each bottle was at that precise moment. I do apologize for not following up the post with the public release info (thanks @TheNinthLetter !). But at this particular moment, the Denver guys flooded the market with Symmetry so it’s value has fallen steadily, while For Phil (at the moment for less than 24 hr lol) remains a private member release. Trying to predict the beer market is like trying to predict crypto.

Harrison8, jrc1093 and Affinity like this.
  13. Appearanceswc

Trader

I hear ya on that...Wishing I had dumped my crypto about two months ago :slight_frown:

Was Symmetry released in Denver too?

14. Luscious_Malfoy

Society Trader

there was a keg and some bottles sent to Denver and Crooked Stave sold some to-go. not sure how many. assuming 1pp.

15. Ckgibu

Trader

Oiy, sorry dude! Market in general has been brutal. As for Symmetry, the second half was released at Crooked Stave, 2pp in person sale and on draft from what I’m seeing, although maybe one of the Denver guys can confirm. For reference, I traded a BBT21 for a Symmetry because I really like cinnamon & missed out on the SP release (FOMO effect). Honestly, couldn’t be happier

16. BourbonForBeer

BourbonForBeer Aspirant (240) May 11, 2020 Illinois
    Trader

Crypto is on sale, possibly a good time to buy :sunglasses:

Appearanceswc likes this.
  17. Luscious_Malfoy

Society Trader

but is it packaged with a bunch of sours?

18. KevSal

KevSal Meyvn (1,164) Oct 17, 2010 California
    Trader

how long have you been trading?? while you make total sense, unfortunately that's not always how it works :weary:

right now i think For phil has a higher trade price due to the fact that only LC members have it. maybe after tomorrows release that will significantly change. plus that for phil label is sexier :rofl:

19. KevSal

Trader

2pp actually, and if it was half the batch it was probably around 450ish bottles. and from the looks of their trades on their pages, a lot of people got more than 2

edit: heres the post. maybe less than 450 as they mention a couple dozen at each location

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZADGEcLHY8/

20. BourbonForBeer

Trader

If it's Tesla, yes. Well, actually, it's Tequila if it's Tesla stock.

Luscious_Malfoy likes this.
  21. Ckgibu

Trader

Bottle is super cool, the tequila inside is garbage :rofl:

22. fo5s

fo5s Initiate (185) Dec 2, 2005 Colorado
    Trader

2pp at Crooked Stave and haven't heard of folks getting more than that. Granted it's always possible with partners or grandma.

I heard roughly 160 bottles to CO and that seems to jibe with a rough line count. Not many bottles seemed to move from the initial release because it was 1pp. While reportedly smaller than the SP allocation, CO probably had more tradable bottles so the market supply more than doubled.

The market is tough to predict but this one feels like a sure thing: same brewer, similar style and adjuncts, worse ratings, and higher bottle count --> I'll be surprised if the relative values don't flip by Saturday (or post pickup).

KevSal and TurkeysDrinkBeer like this.
  23. BourbonForBeer

Trader

I agree (minus trying it, I haven't). I was going to buy that for my Tech buddy to have to look at and found it it's about 750 right now hahaha, so I passed of course.

Luscious_Malfoy and Ckgibu like this.
  24. KevSal

Trader

the reason i speculated people got more than 2 is ive seen a couple post looking for bourbon offering 3 bottles :thinking_face:

25. Ckgibu

Trader

Most definitely the “Hey Grandma, let’s spend some ‘quality’ time together today,” guys :rofl:

26. Kramerbarthomer

Kramerbarthomer Champion (849) Mar 22, 2012 Colorado
    Trader

Closed 1:1. Cheers all

27. Appearanceswc

Trader

I feel like i got an assist on that somehow, lol