Asia Israel: Bethlehem / Nazareth

Discussion in 'The Rest of the World' started by Erzengel, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erzengel

Erzengel Aspirant (290) Sep 8, 2008 Germany
    Beer Trader

As it regionally doesn't fit in any Forum we have here (didn't really want to add it to Asia):

Does anyone have (good) beer-recomandations for Bethlehem and or Nazareth?
    As I travel in a group I can't (or shouldn't) visit probably better beer-spots outside the two mentioned towns.

If someone is up for an IP-trade in the evening (first week of May), just let me know :)

Thanks!!

2. mythaeus

mythaeus Champion (825) Jul 22, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

Seems like Taybeh is the only beer made in the Palestinian territory and you can get it at restaurants in Bethlehem. I was there before I got deep into craft beer so never really sought alcohol/beer out when I was there. What I vividly remember though is the awesome food, especially lamb and lamb fat on skewers and humus (I usually don't like humus). If you can manage to show people this photo and ask them where it is, I'd highly recommend it (not very far from the Church of the Nativity):

[​IMG]

I'd love to go back there and spend some more time with the friendly people. The soldiers were exceptionally friendly:
    [​IMG]

The only micro brewery beer I had in Israel was way up north in Rosh Hanikra on the border of Lebanon. Up at the top there is a restaurant with great view and they served flights of micro beer, I believe from Golan Brewery. I remember though that it was pretty blah. Nazareth was kinda boring, except for the the big church with paintings of Mother Mary from nearly every country around the world. I hope you're planning on heading down south the Eilat and cross over into Jordan to see Petra and Wadi Rum.

Sorry, not much helpful info on beer, you just gave me a good opportunity to reminisce. Hope someone from Israel can chime in. Have an awesome trip. Cheers!

Al

Erzengel likes this.
  3. Erzengel

Erzengel Aspirant (290) Sep 8, 2008 Germany
    Beer Trader

I’ve another question: who has been to Bethlehem and knows a place or bar selling all of the Taybeh-beers. If this is the only one around I don’t want to miss one when I’m there :)

4. nloetz

nloetz Initiate (0) Jun 2, 2005 Austria

About a year ago, there was a user named BeerBeerBeer (amazing name btw) from Israel who contacted me looking for Schneider for trade. He mentioned a brew named Jems. Maybe you could contact him for more info.

Al, I have to ask why you have a G&A mag.

5. mythaeus

mythaeus Champion (825) Jul 22, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

:) I was a subscriber at the time and was active on the G&A forum. That photo was for the guys and gals on that forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.