1. Looking to trade some beers? Check out How to Get Started with Beer Trading.
Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

It's Only Logical 6 - Triumphant Return Edition (Playoffs)

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by gpawned, Sep 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laxer8811

laxer8811 Sep 13, 2006 New York
    Beer Trader

[​IMG]
    Thanks Jaminjohnson, awesome surprise as I came home from work...
    Lolita-Huge want this one has eluded me multiple times
    Gumballhead-permawant
    Ghost faced killah-Looking forward to trying this one, since i grew a bunch of ghost chilis this summer
    4 Hands Cuvee Ange-never heard of them before but the desciption on this sounds awesome "fermented with wild yeast and aged in combo of cabernet, merlot and Grenache barrels with raspberries and blackberries"
    Witch's Brew-Love me some pumpkin beers
    and 4 Hand Snifter....well my LIF cherry is broken and jaminjohnson did it right....
    Thanks Again!!

2. jaminjohnson

jaminjohnson Jul 3, 2012 Yukon (Canada)

Hope you like it..dude ;) , glad the glass made it alright. The cuvee is like Juliet and Lolita made a delicious love child!

3. TheGr8BeerState

TheGr8BeerState Jul 20, 2011 Michigan

Way to hook it up jaminjohnson! Awesome display of generosity and beer advocacy!

4. Sidebordz

Sidebordz Apr 23, 2011 New York
    Beer Trader

Very nice box! Was going to send a box as well, but we have the same distrobution. Glad to see people sending boxes! Can't wait for next round!!!

5. jaminjohnson

6. gpawned

gpawned Jun 5, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

I finally had a chance to look back at the guesses and found that there was one more unfortunate soul who went down the illogical path with his guess of 129. The earlier clue that said...

Indicated that only previous guesses of 84, 110, 111, 117, 121, 162 and 188 were legitimate possibilities.

I'm sorry Steimie...you have been Eliminated until further notice. You too have the option to send a box to our new Target (Laxer8811) if you would like to restore your eligibility and earn some points and a spot in the Bonus Round. Only those who have sent a box to one of the targets will be eligible for this Bonus Round and the prize will be a lovely box of beer from yours truly. Message me for the Target's info.

7. gpawned

Beer Trader

Point and Elimination Update:

*Sidebordz was clever enough to come up with bathroom first and also nailed the rubbing alcohol - 5 points!
    *JaminJohnson gets 2 "follow the leader" bonus points for following along with the point leader (Sidebordz). It is a solid lesson that some Lions could use to learn.
    *Jarrgal nailed the number of bottles on his second guess (amazing) and fragrance...5 points.
    *TheGr8BeerState won the round by putting it all together at once...5 points.
    *Martin123012 gets 2 points for actively participating in many rounds of this LIF (and for organizing the Fantasy Football Survivor League that I've been lucky enough to last to the final 4 thus far). You are still currently eliminated from this competition but let me know if you want to send a box to the Target to get back in (If I win your BIF I'll donate one of my boxes to The Target on your behalf).
    *Lucas1801 - you have earned a point for your participation and for doing your homework with your guesses. I know you joined in kind of late, don't give up.
    *Shagtastic, Cneville & Steimie - you all get 1 point to put you on the board for your participation. You can also get back in the game despite your tragic eliminations with a box sent to The Target. You'll earn some serious points and a shot at the Bonus Round Box for generous senders. Don't forget about some serious beer karma!
    *Davey101, Pschul4 and Gregkoko are all on the board now too with 1 pt.
    *Bjohnson - your 2 round elimination has ended, you are welcome back and I'll give you 1 point as well for serving your time with good behavior.
    *Shoo65 & Fluke828 are also reinstated.

8. gpawned

Beer Trader

Scoreboard
    23 for Sidebordz who is still in the lead
    15 for this round's winner TheGr8BeerState who also has the first spot in the Final Round!
    11 for Jaminjohnson & Jarrgal who are tied in 3rd
    7 for Mathematizer
    6 for Martin123012 (status: eliminated)
    5 for Laxer8811 for winning the Showcase Showdown and becoming the Target!
    4 for Mcaulifww
    3 for Fluke828
    2 for Suncrust
    1 for Lucas1801, Ant880, Sesmu, Shoo65, Yamar68, ObiWanKushnobi, Davey101, M100, Pschul4, Grekoko, and Spartan213
    1 for Cneville, Steimie & Shagtastic as well (status: eliminated)

Keep your eyes open for Round 7! Thanks to those who have sent boxes to the new target...I'll award points after more have arrived. You will also receive a blunder token in case you find yourselves eliminated down the round and a spot in the Bonus Round!

9. jaminjohnson

Might need to verify with our math expert mathematizer but i think i count me being at 12 points, 9 +1 ninja point + 2 follow the leader bonus points ? :rolleyes:

10. gpawned

Beer Trader

Yeah, I messed up your points and thought I had fixed them. Now you have 12.5 for my mistake.

11. gpawned

Beer Trader

TARGET UPDATE!

Round 7 is going to have to wait...hopefully some more boxes will arrive for our current target, Laxer8811, but in the meanwhile...this generous beer advocate wants to send out his own box so we'll move on to Round 6.5 in a new thread and 1 lucky Lion will win his/her very first box! I'll try to set it up on my lunch break tomorrow.

Good luck and maybe there will be a bonus question for the Champs...stay tuned.

12. jaminjohnson

Gentleman and a scholar

13. mathematizer

mathematizer Aug 3, 2006 Maine

Speaking of points - I realize I was quiet this round, but I DO remember being square... I think I have 9.

Edit: Yep. Don't think I've changed since the last point update - gained a couple through generosity!

14. Sidebordz

Sidebordz Apr 23, 2011 New York
    Beer Trader

Which would give me 22....gota be honest!

15. gpawned

Beer Trader

Edited Scoreboard
    22 for Sidebordz who is still in the lead (I normally wouldn't take away a point in this situation but only because you voluntarily gave it away, I'm going to).
    15 for this round's winner TheGr8BeerState who also has the first spot in the Final Round!
    12.5 for Jaminjohnson
    12 for Jarrgal
    9.5 for Mathematizer
    6 for Martin123012 (status: message me)
    5 for Laxer8811 for winning the Showcase Showdown and becoming the Target!
    4 for Mcaulifww
    3 for Fluke828
    2 for Suncrust
    1 for Lucas1801, Ant880, Sesmu, Shoo65, Yamar68, ObiWanKushnobi, Davey101, M100, Pschul4, Grekoko, and Spartan213
    1 for Cneville, Steimie & Shagtastic as well (status: eliminated)

Keep your eyes open for Round 7! Thanks to those who have sent boxes to the new target...I'll award points after more have arrived. You will also receive a blunder token in case you find yourselves eliminated down the round and a spot in the "Beer Karma" Prize Box Bonus Round!

(come on Lions...send some more boxes and I'll even promise to do one more Progressive Round so that we can crown one more Target)

16. gpawned

Beer Trader

Round 6.5 has been posted!

17. mathematizer

sneaky decimals... how'd that slip in there? I used to be a square... but now I'm rational!

up up down down left right left right b a select start

18. laxer8811

Beer Trader

19. laxer8811

Beer Trader

So once again Christmas comes early and this time Santa Claus was TheGr8BeerState , I cannot believe the generosity of the BA members, TheGr8BeerState, sends an amazing box, that blew me away:
    Bell's Expedition Stout-Awesome stout, permawant
    Bell'sTwo Hearted ale-Had it for the first time a few months ago and wish bell's distributed to NY!
    Bell's 10000-Looking forward to drinking this one
    Saugatuck-Can't wait to try this brewery for the first time
    Parabola-nothing can be said but amazing
    The Abyss-ALWAYS wanted to try this beer this is a HUGE want
    Better Half-Have attepted to trade for this beer multiple times but never had anyone willing to trade, so I gave up on trying to acquire this, thought it was going into my beer regrets column,,,but then when I least expected...this great BA sends it...All I can say about this is WOW...thank you so much absolutely blown away!!!

20. jaminjohnson

good job TheGr8BeerState!, way to make me look bad ;)

21. TheGr8BeerState

It's good to see it all arrived safely and that I was able to hit some of your bigger wants! Beer Karma has most definitely been on my side lately so I'm glad to be able to spread it around and share with someone who appreciates it. Enjoy!

22. mathematizer

Missed this post last night. Gr8BeerState really hooked me up when I was target after round two. Looks like he's still mailing out killer boxes!

23. TheGr8BeerState

What goes around comes around. My dad just dropped off a 4 pack of BCBS for me that his co-worker in Chicago got! Unsolicited beer is always good...even better when it's one of my hard to find permawants!!! Beer Karma!!!

24. mathematizer

nice! I was hoping to see BCBS in my state this week, but it didn't happen. Needed to settle for Shipyard's new Bourbon ESB (which isn't bad, just not in league with the others.)

25. laxer8811

Beer Trader

26. gpawned

Beer Trader

Hellz Bellz! That's what I like to see. Mathematizer, was that your box?

27. laxer8811

Beer Trader

Posting this late been caught up with work, received this awesome box from mathematizer....like the other two the generosity is unbelievable...and mathematizer really hooked me up...mathematizer as well as the rest of these guys definitely have banked some great beer karma.
    Allagash-only have had their white which I love and so excited to try these
    Allagash house ale-Put in fridge earlier today and plan on taking this one down first cannot wait!!
    Allagash Prince Tuesday-Belgian ipa which is a collaboration with Rising Tide and Maine Beer Co., looking forward opening this, this weekend
    Allagash Coolship resurgam-Cannot believe I will be able to have one of the coolship series, wanted to try one of these forever
    Hill's Farmstead-never heard of this place, hope they are a good brewery ;)
    All I have to say is: Everett and Birth of Tragedy----AWESOME!!
    Cadillac Moutain Stout-Haven't heard of this brewery but after reading about them and thrilled to be able to try their brew

Mathematizer you crushed this thank you so much and once again blown away by such an amazing box...

28. TheGr8BeerState

Great work mathematizer! That is an awesome box, and if I'm not mistaken...is this the first box you've shipped? You are shipping like a seasoned pro - very well done!

29. laxer8811

Beer Trader

HOLY S#$% this is his first box....my god......this was unbelievable you just set a REALLY high bar!!!

30. gpawned

Beer Trader

Yes, he told me he was giving you his beer sending cherry.

31. mathematizer

Yep - my first time shipping. Reused the first box I had received from sidebordz.

Glad you liked it - thrilled that it arrived in one piece!

32. gpawned

Beer Trader

You got a Blunder Token for sending this box...I know you gave one away earlier...did you give away this one in advance or one you got earlier?

EDIT: n/m you got one for guessing the Fantome Extra Sour and gave that one away...you have one in the bank now.

33. jarrgal

jarrgal Mar 12, 2012 North Dakota
    Beer Trader

I was busy last night and thus was not on BA, but wow that is some box mathematizer sent! Very impressive for being the first box you have ever shipped. Cheers laxer!

34. mathematizer

I think Birth of Tragedy was the only "want" I was able to hit - unfortunately, none of the beers on your list see distribution in maine - I decided to mail a few "local" favorites and some styles you seemed to like. Happy this first box was a hit! Allagash House and Cadillac Mountain Stout are regularly available in the area - the others are seasonal or special releases. The Hill Farmstead brews are certainly among my favorites - enjoy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe