J. Wakefield Distribution in Richmond, VA...

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by thunderroad12, Apr 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thunderroad12

thunderroad12 Initiate (47) Nov 13, 2008 Virginia

Hop House Distribution, a new distributor in Richmond, Virginia is proud to welcome J. Wakefield Brewing in Miami, Florida to the family. They are our first official signee and we couldn't be more excited to bring them to Virginia. Look for liquid flowing this summer in the Richmond metro area. Can't wait!

raverjames, Shilt, bushycook and 2 others like this.
  2. stereosforgeeks

stereosforgeeks Savant (939) Jul 10, 2005 Virginia

Will it hit further north?

3. lionssoccer13

lionssoccer13 Aspirant (224) Jun 30, 2011 Florida
    Trader

Why doesn't he start serving Florida first...?

4. thunderroad12

No time soon to NOVA. We are a small distributorship only operating in the Richmond metropolitan area for the near future. One day, who knows, but for now, just Richmond.

stereosforgeeks likes this.
  5. baconmcnuggets

baconmcnuggets Initiate (0) Mar 11, 2013 Florida

This.

Divo93 likes this.
  6. rhino4evr

rhino4evr Initiate (101) Jan 14, 2012 Florida

Wow...I thought this was a joke at first. JWB is still pretty scarce around these parts...and I live near the brewery. Lol

7. CaptainFleeker

CaptainFleeker Defender (669) Aug 27, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

I'm not going to get too excited about this announcement. As a south Florida resident (and OG member) eagerly anticipating JWB beers becoming more readily available, I feel pretty confident south FL and the rest of FL will be taking care of before production ramps up enough to start distributing out of state. If he wants to lineup distribution for Richmond now I have no issue with that. OG's have been waiting a year and a half for bottles (which I am fine with btw). I'm guessing the Richmond distributor will be waiting as well. Some things just take more time than we'd like.

johnyb and cacostaj like this.
  8. Mangbus

Mangbus Initiate (0) Aug 25, 2014 Florida

Sounds like this VA based Distro is new and wanted to make a splash. They will probably provide a few kegs of the JWB core lineup to a few local bars in Richmond. Doubt they are in talks to bottle release DFPF throughout the VA market.

9. KidIcarus1945

KidIcarus1945 Initiate (0) Mar 10, 2015 Florida

Oh man, why not just spit in the face of every OG member?

pmarlowe likes this.
  10. ncaudle

ncaudle Defender (636) May 28, 2010 Virginia
    Trader

I may be mistaken, but I think the guy behind this new Dist is a OG member :wink:

11. buckslayer50

buckslayer50 Initiate (0) Feb 20, 2015 Florida

I can't even get them up in north florida...that sucks lol

12. Vorsprung

Vorsprung Initiate (0) Apr 7, 2015 Virginia

RVA resident here. What's the forum scoop on this brewery? Sounds like when kegs come to town, they would be worth seeking out.

Mangbus likes this.
  13. odsbodkins

odsbodkins Initiate (29) Jan 3, 2010 Georgia

Is he expanding the brewery?

14. Mangbus

Mangbus Initiate (0) Aug 25, 2014 Florida

I have not seen mention of this occurring.

15. BlumBeer

BlumBeer Initiate (161) May 17, 2012 Florida

Don't even know how that could happen unless he buys out the art gallery next door

16. rgordon

rgordon Meyvn (1,066) Apr 26, 2012 North Carolina

This sounds to me like a friendship deal. Not distributing fully to your own state or even to contiguous states is typically a bad marketing move. Think about Westbrook in New York. It's all about relationships. It's OK to sell your product to whoever you wish.

17. wesbourne

wesbourne Aspirant (211) Dec 27, 2013 Florida

Mekong is in Richmond, would seem pretty standard operating procedure to get setup so they can service these bars and do tap take-overs and collaboration brews at the new brew house. Enough to warrant a press release probably not but maybe someone was overly excited by the deal.

Now if only we could get a regular supply at 4-5 choice bars in Orlando I'd be happy.

18. BlumBeer

It just really doesn't make much sense to me how you can jump into a totally new market in a new state waaaaaaaay before you've fulfilled the need with home base.......Funky Buddha didn't start with South Florida and then go to another state...they went to Orlando, then Tampa, and I'm sure Jacksonville area will be next by the ned of the year......that seems like the smarter thing to do imo......but i really don't see JWB sending much more than like Hop for Teacher or stush, or el jefe......so i don't think Richmond is gonna get flooded with pink drink or anything like that...

19. buckslayer50

buckslayer50 Initiate (0) Feb 20, 2015 Florida

I e-mailed FB and they said they'll be up here in the Jax/St. Aug area by the end of the summer. I did a short drive down to Daytona and got Hop Gun and Floridian in the Total Wine there, so that should be pretty soon.

20. odsbodkins

odsbodkins Initiate (29) Jan 3, 2010 Georgia

Didnt think so from pictures I've seen. What is his brewery, 7-10 barrel? With his popularity that does not seem like he will be able to keep up at the tasting room and surrounding area.

21. BlumBeer

It's a 15 barrel system...it's just packed pretty tight...I think the tasting room holds like 42 people

22. CGMLS3

CGMLS3 Initiate (0) Jul 30, 2010 Florida

There is room to add some fermenters down the line. I would believe that would be coming sometime this year.

23. TomCat11

TomCat11 Zealot (535) Jul 21, 2012 Virginia
    Trader

Anyone heard new news on these guys and when they will begin distributing. Crickets for almost 2 months on their social media page other than adding a 2nd brewery to their portfolio mid-May.

24. ncaudle

ncaudle Defender (636) May 28, 2010 Virginia
    Trader

25. TomCat11

Trader

Looks like the talents of JWB are en route to RVA.
    [​IMG]

LeeEvolved, Vorsprung and pmangold like this.
  26. bushycook

bushycook Initiate (182) Jan 31, 2011 Virginia

Apparently JWB is also doing a beer for or a collab with (can't tell) a new bar/ brewpub(?) in Va beach. The place is gonna be called Esoteric. Don't really understand yet, just saw it on their facebook.

27. TomCat11

Trader

Great info! I bet the majority of these JWB brews heading to VA hit Brew in RVA (if I had to guess). :slight_smile:

28. thunderroad12

I assure you, sir. These beers will be well distributed around the Richmond market. Starting this coming week. We can't wait!

Shilt likes this.
  29. TomCat11

Trader

No problem. Just glad to see JWB in RVA regardless of where it pops up.

30. LeeEvolved

LeeEvolved Initiate (0) Oct 12, 2010 Virginia

Which Brew location is gonna get their's first? (I hope it's Chester, lol)

31. TomCat11

Trader

Did that truck ever make it to RVA or has it gotten held up from being distributed by ABC? I thought it was expected to show up a week or so ago.

32. thunderroad12

Waiting on label approval. The beer has been presold and as soon as label approval hits (current estimate today or tomorrow), we'll start deliveries. We'll post where it's found, but suffice it to say the places we sent Bullfrog will be top priority for J. Wakefield.

33. TomCat11

Trader

Thanks for the quick response! I figured it was waiting an approval of sorts. Cheers!

thunderroad12 likes this.
  34. TomCat11

Trader

The Answer , Sept 16 see their social media event page details

LeeEvolved likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.