J Wakefield Releases

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by colt3ninja, Dec 2, 2015.

1. colt3ninja

colt3ninja Aspirant (217) Sep 27, 2014 Florida
    Beer Trader

Anyone in line for the Harbinger bottle release? Nothing like a release at 2 PM on a Wednesday in the middle of Miami!

Mangbus likes this.
  2. MosaicDrops

MosaicDrops Aspirant (240) Jun 4, 2014 New York
    Beer Trader

Any shot this lasts until next week? iirc, Master Blaster was available in the taproom for a bit.

I'll be in Miami at the end of next week and am just trying to gauge if I should bring some AGE and other NYC brews for an IP trade. TIA.

3. BrujoBlood

BrujoBlood Initiate (0) Aug 1, 2014 Florida
    Beer Trader

About 40ish people in line. It's raining and it's Art Basel week which made traffic a shit-show. Plenty of time left to get here but since there's only 555 bottles there is a very slim chance any are left till next week.

4. gnartothecore

gnartothecore Initiate (190) Feb 4, 2015 Florida
    Beer Trader

I got to JWB around 2:20 and there were about 100 bottles gone already. I doubt this will last through the week

5. Mangbus

Mangbus Zealot (540) Aug 25, 2014 Florida
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Is this the same beer released earlier in the year (and available in growlers?)

6. John21

John21 Initiate (0) Nov 18, 2013 Florida
    Beer Trader

Went with the wifey on a late lunch around 2:45 and was number 125. Traffic sucked and parking was worst but it was worth it. J Wakefield is a standup dude and so was the guy responsible for doing the artwork on the bottles cool dudes. Harbinger was freaking delicious which will be available at the MBCP fest this year on limited tap.

7. jloomis

jloomis Disciple (311) Jan 6, 2010 Florida
    Beer Trader

Yes, but these bottles have limited edition artwork. In all seriousness, I haven't had this batch but the last one was outstanding.

John21, jcb7472 and Mangbus like this.
  8. Bogart2930

Bogart2930 Initiate (134) Jul 11, 2015 Florida
    Beer Trader

This is good but man am I the only one hoping he would bottle a treatment of La Nada?....*cough*caramel sea salt*cough*

9. tbadiuk

tbadiuk Aspirant (265) Feb 9, 2009 Manitoba (Canada)
    Beer Trader

Is this an OG bottle? I didn't get an email or anything?

10. Bogart2930

Bogart2930 Initiate (134) Jul 11, 2015 Florida
    Beer Trader

It was a regular bottle release

11. gnartothecore

gnartothecore Initiate (190) Feb 4, 2015 Florida
    Beer Trader

JWB Facebook page says there's still bottles left

12. BigBarleywine

BigBarleywine Aspirant (226) Jan 31, 2015 Florida
    Beer Trader

The Harbinger was fantastic!!!

John21 likes this.
  13. poonamibaxter

poonamibaxter Aspirant (254) Jun 26, 2007 Colorado
    Beer Trader

You have to be fucking joking right? If not, I don't think you know what a standup dude is because he is the exact opposite of a standup dude. Search for JWB on this forum if you think he is a standup dude and see how he has treated the folks who funded his brewery.

rodbeermunch, Lansman, jrnyc and 2 others like this.
  14. MosaicDrops

Beer Trader

It's a Trappe looks like the next bottle release. Saw the labels and empty bottles on ththe counter

polisanl likes this.
  15. jloomis

jloomis Disciple (311) Jan 6, 2010 Florida
    Beer Trader

Bourbon Barrel Vanilla Porter is the next OG bottle.

Hopzilla likes this.
  16. polisanl

polisanl Initiate (0) Aug 6, 2010 Florida
    Beer Trader

Barrel aged.

jloomis likes this.
  17. HeartofMiami

HeartofMiami Champion (823) Sep 20, 2014 Florida
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Any word when Street Fruit is to be released? Rumor from Other Half NYC thread is that collab is to be canned and sold in Florida only (or at least first)

18. Divo93

Divo93 Initiate (149) Feb 17, 2015 Florida
    Beer Trader

JWB is canning?

19. MosaicDrops

Beer Trader

That's what the bartender said when I inquired about Street Fruit since the IG post indicated that it was being canned. It wasn't Matt or David and I've never spoken to this guy before. He said they were going to utilize a mobile canner.

20. Divo93

Divo93 Initiate (149) Feb 17, 2015 Florida
    Beer Trader

That's actually pretty cool.

21. HopsintheSack

HopsintheSack Devotee (431) Apr 17, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

Update email today for OG's.

Your next bottle is ready for pickup starting today. Either you or your proxy can come in and pickup your 1 allotted bottle of It's a Trappe - Bourbon barrel aged Quad. The next bottle release will be in two weeks, there may be a second bottle released that week as well. After that final bottle everyone will have two weeks to pickup all of their bottles.

Funny to me the original crowdbrewed listing was all friendly about them holding bottles with no real time limit, but after it taking them over two years to get the bottles out we only have two weeks to pick them up.
    • *All bottles must be picked up from the taproom. Proxies can be used. We will hold your bottles until you or a proxy can pick them up.
    I'm ISO a trustee, BM if you willing to assist.

22. BigBarleywine

BigBarleywine Aspirant (226) Jan 31, 2015 Florida
    Beer Trader

I can assist some folks, visit J Wake often. Cheers!

23. goldspire

goldspire Aspirant (229) Dec 31, 2010 California
    Beer Trader

Can't believe how awful the Wakefield thing has become. Took 10 grand + from folks, limited minimal updates for almost 2 years. Then shitty barely capped bottles start dropping with barely so much as a "whoops" from Wakefield. Then this bullshit.

I for one will be actively avoiding purchasing a single drop of liquid from this guy for the rest of my life.
    Such a shame cause it often tastes so good... But no tasty beer is worth the crappy "business" practices and poor treatment of good paying customers/supporters.

Lansman, jrnyc, rightcoast7 and 8 others like this.
  24. HopsintheSack

HopsintheSack Devotee (431) Apr 17, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

Im all set, thanks to who replied.

25. chardlogic

chardlogic Aspirant (242) Feb 18, 2011 Florida
    Beer Trader

Should anyone need a one-shot pick up at the end of the Membership message me and I'll take care of you. (I can provide references in and out of town)

26. Lare453

Lare453 Meyvn (1,416) Feb 1, 2012 Florida
    Beer Trader

Best avatar picture ever.

njk82, Beer4B, Divo93 and 1 other person like this.
  27. jampics2

jampics2 Meyvn (1,453) Dec 19, 2008 Ohio
    Beer Trader

more like +++

$300 per donor x 290 donors = $87,000.

His cost for what was promised, if we're being extremely generous, was $15 a bottle, so $90 per member or $27,000 total.

We literally GAVE him SIXTY THOUSAND DOLLARS and gave him an interest-free loan of 27k by paying for product up-front.

I don't know about y'all, but I would be extremely thankful if someone gave me that to start a business.

Has it been officially announced the club is ending?

rodbeermunch and rightcoast7 like this.
  28. colt3ninja

Beer Trader

I emailed Wakefield and he said he was still considering OG Club Round 2.

TBBAGBIF likes this.
  29. goldspire

goldspire Aspirant (229) Dec 31, 2010 California
    Beer Trader

No but he hasn't officially announced anything really since opening. I noticed his 1 year anniversary party is coming up and not so much as a casual mention has gone out to his OG members.

I sincerely hope that no one renews and people don't continue to throw money at him...

johnyb likes this.
  30. Lansman

Lansman Aspirant (236) Mar 19, 2011 Missouri
    Beer Trader

As an "OG" having gone through this BS for the last 2+ years...LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

rightcoast7 likes this.
  31. tbadiuk

tbadiuk Aspirant (265) Feb 9, 2009 Manitoba (Canada)
    Beer Trader

Really, he should have hired a person to give full attention and run OG things and turn it into a Bruery Reserve Society like club with good communication, etc. He could have made a mint cranking out and selling bottles. Maybe he's not that all interested in money? (half joking/half serious).

32. polisanl

polisanl Initiate (0) Aug 6, 2010 Florida
    Beer Trader

Highly doubt it.

33. colt3ninja

Beer Trader

Time will tell!

34. John21

John21 Initiate (0) Nov 18, 2013 Florida
    Beer Trader

I heard he wasn't doing another OG round as well.

35. MosaicDrops

Beer Trader

Ronan the Strawbarian coming to bottles on Jan 2! Really enjoyed this one at JWB earlier in the month.

tbadiuk likes this.
  36. elbrooksie

elbrooksie Aspirant (236) Jan 10, 2013 Texas
    Beer Trader

37. mobius387

mobius387 Disciple (338) Dec 5, 2010 New Hampshire
    Beer Trader

"East Bound and Down will be packaged in 750ml bottles and will “probably” be released “early next year” in Miami..."

Knowing Wakefield, this keeps getting delayed just long enough for HBO to file lawsuit for copyright infringement, causing it never to be released unless we fund a kickstarter to help pay for his lawyer.

38. Seamus

Seamus Disciple (310) Jun 12, 2012 Florida
    Beer Trader

Anybody know if there are still bottles of Ronan available?

39. brentk56

brentk56 Poo-Bah (7,731) May 13, 2004 North Carolina
    Subscriber Beer Trader

I was there on Saturday night and there were still bottles - limit 4 p.p.

40. mcc1654

mcc1654 Aspirant (280) Mar 20, 2011 Illinois

What are the OG bottles that have been released?

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • Subscribe to BeerAdvocate Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.

Subscribe