J Wakefield Releases

Discussion in 'South Atlantic' started by colt3ninja, Dec 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heatwaves

heatwaves Initiate (0) Oct 17, 2009 California

I tagged Side Project in my post to ask if this is now a collab. JWB deleted mine as well. Expected and business as usual. Why answer questions when you can just delete?

#601 heatwaves, Aug 26, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
    Beer4B, MatthewPlus and Lare453 like this.
  2. djben

djben Devotee (305) Sep 4, 2013 Florida

If there's one thing a particular faction of beer geeks clearly love far more than beer itself, it's stirring up drama.

I would bet the owners of the respective breweries got in touch with each other and worked things out.

I guess it sucks they weren't able to indulge you with a continued public exchange on social media on the topic.

Considering your disappointment, it sounds like you had an ulterior motive other than simply informing the breweries of the naming conflict, as your mission was otherwise accomplished. Deleting your comment and others that intended to do more than simply notify Side Project / JW was probably the right thing to do.

It's beer guys. Take a deep breath. Calm down.

3. johnyb

johnyb Pooh-Bah (2,272) Aug 11, 2012 Florida
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

And then there's the even smaller faction of beer geeks who rush to decry any post that doesn't also worship at the Church of all things JWB. Take a deep breath. Calm down. He'll be OK.

4. Gp311

Gp311 Initiate (0) Sep 28, 2015 Florida

I know of at least 4 other blanc de blancs out there.. so it's going to happen. who cares. enjoy the beer.

chardlogic and LennyRubio like this.
  5. HarryS

HarryS Zealot (531) Aug 19, 2015 Florida
    Trader

Appreciate the words, man. I'm always more than happy to be the voice of our brewery on here for any updates, or info. I'll be as direct as I can be.

colt3ninja and Bogart2930 like this.
  6. MosaicDrops

MosaicDrops Initiate (0) Jun 4, 2014 New York

@HarryS any chance Miami Madness will be pouring next weekend or, aside from the keg last week, is it being saved for the 10th and beyond?

7. HarryS

Trader

I guess there's always a chance, but being that next weekend's release was moved to today, i'm going to assume no. Then again, you never really know.

Vague enough for you? :slight_smile:

MosaicDrops likes this.
  8. CanesHeatFins305

CanesHeatFins305 Initiate (0) Nov 25, 2014 Florida

Please let us know how they're tasting whenever you get em! Thanks

9. gnartothecore

gnartothecore Initiate (0) Feb 4, 2015 Florida

Unfortunately, I'm not gonna be able to taste them until later tonight. I'm sneaking out from work to pick them up and then I gotta head back and play with power tools until 5:30, so no day drinking for me. :slight_frown:

10. CanesHeatFins305

Haha gotcha and no worries!

11. Bogart2930

Bogart2930 Initiate (0) Jul 11, 2015 Florida

They had tapped a small keg of it two weeks ago?...The consensus with people who had it was a ton more fruit. Still sour but getting a ton more fruit.

12. HarryS

Trader

Yessir! Was a spur of the moment decision. + I agree with what you've heard. TONS more fruit, but still sour, + higher ABV than last year, although you can't taste it.

13. CanesHeatFins305

Have you tried Blancs and/or Cafe yet?

14. CanesHeatFins305

And is there any Careless Witbier cans left ? THANKS

15. HarryS

Trader

Unfortunately, Careless is gone. Sold out last weekend, I believe.

I had a can each of both Cafe + Blanc last night.

Cafe is a coffee bomb. Actually tastes like one of Mostra's cold brews, + hides the alcohol beautifully. It's only 6.5%, so not that thick, but still thick enough for a small ABV stout. It's great.

Blanc is also very good, but definitely on the hoppy side. Don't think it's too bitter, because I can definitely crush one of these in a chug if I wanted to. A good mix of West/East coast style IPA.

People at the bar seem to really be enjoying them both. It's pretty packed for 2:30PM. We have them both on draft as well, so you can always try them before purchasing if you wish to.

LennyRubio likes this.
  16. gnartothecore

Drinking a Blanc now...it's more floral/spicy than juicy, but there's some orange/pineapple lurking beneath and a piney finish. I'll be back for another 4 pack very soon.

HarryS likes this.
  17. CanesHeatFins305

how do you compare to green monsta? how's the bitterness? Thanks dude

18. gnartothecore

It's definitely not as juicy as Green Monsta (I equated that one with getting kicked in the mouth by a pineapple), but it's also not as bitter. Blanc is more floral/herbal too me. I can't say that I really prefer one over the other, but I am that much more excited to see how their next IPA cans turn out

Viclovescourtney likes this.
  19. JerryIsAlive

JerryIsAlive Initiate (0) May 30, 2012 Florida

A friend was kind enough to drop off a 4 pack of Cafe and 2 cans of Blanc. Will give review later

ukwildcat1995 likes this.
  20. gnartothecore

I had a Cafe with breakfast this morning...It's pretty damn good. Coffee aroma hits you strong immediately. Like Harry said, it's a coffee bomb and slightly sweet, but it's not overdone. Slight roast on the end. I'll definitely be picking up another 4 pack of this as well

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.