J Wakefield Releases

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by colt3ninja, Dec 2, 2015.

1. floridadrift

floridadrift Crusader (739) Oct 24, 2014 Florida
    Beer Trader

Actually, I love Westbrook but the guys in that LOCKED thread are annoyingly uninformative, like you're being. I also drove from FL to the BAMC release this year at Westbrook, lol.

2. floridadrift

floridadrift Crusader (739) Oct 24, 2014 Florida
    Beer Trader

3. JD_Bogerdy

JD_Bogerdy Aspirant (217) Jan 12, 2013 Florida
    Beer Trader

Congratulations on being the dumbest person in this thread. At 11AM, that's one hour before the BS STARTED, 'J Wakefield Brewing' commented again saying bottle sales will start at 3pm. Nothing more needs to be said. I'm happy you got bottles. I'm happy you were able to get there early. I wasn't. And if he said bottle sales at 12 I wouldn't have gone. But he didn't. He clearly said 3pm multiple times. This is HIS COMPANY, his name is on it. It's not personal, but the business owner is who takes the blame in any business! This is what poor businessman deserve. If you don't have a gripe with him than just shut up, you shouldn't be in this thread. We, the people, who have supported him, and have been screwed over, have the right to complain.

Tbub18, Hopzilla, jrnyc and 9 others like this.
  4. dbrauneis

dbrauneis Site Editor (6,091) Dec 8, 2007 North Carolina
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Not sure why I am being tagged in this thread... I'm a Site Editor meaning I have the ability to approve places, approve pics (beers/places), approve/make changes (beers/places). Not a moderator.

5. Lare453

Lare453 Meyvn (1,318) Feb 1, 2012 Florida
    Beer Trader

Kind of like ccb after the huna day fiasco and the countless other dumb shit they've done.

But people forget and back up their friends no matter what happens.

Make me realize why I've cut back so much spending money in this industry.

6. BKnarr

BKnarr Disciple (304) Sep 5, 2012 Florida
    Beer Trader

Lots of people I respect on BA weighing in on both sides of this issue. Honestly this is a classic argument way bigger than craft beer. The maker of any given product makes a stellar product(Kanye, Chik Fil A, Wakefield), but the person making the product disappoints you with their actions(narcissism, homophobia, douchebagery) and the like. Where do you draw the line? Do the makers actions override their products? Do you listen to Kanyes skilled ass rhymes less because Kanye is a narcissist with no base in Reality? Do you not buy those delicious milkshakes because Chik Fil A sends money to anti-homosexual causes? As individuals you have a choice to make in where you spend your hard earned money. There's no argument here gentlemen, and like a religious or political argument, you aren't going to change each others minds. Go get your beer or don't.

7. Seamus

Seamus Disciple (312) Jun 12, 2012 Florida
    Beer Trader

Back to releases, has there been an update on bottle count and per person allotments for DFPF? I had asked while there on Monday but they hadn't bottled yet. didn't know if things had changed since then.

floridadrift likes this.
  8. gnartothecore

gnartothecore Initiate (196) Feb 4, 2015 Florida
    Beer Trader

DFPF bottles are $20, 2 pp according to FB event page

floridadrift likes this.
  9. HarryS

HarryS Initiate (119) Aug 19, 2015 Florida
    Beer Trader

Bottling is happening this week, + they'll still be on sale on the 27th. 2 per person limit at $20 each, is still correct.

I'm stoked for this year's bottle. This batch is better than last year's, in my opinion. Last year's bottles are still drinking amazing, too. This beer is too good.

floridadrift likes this.
  10. TBBAGBIF

TBBAGBIF Initiate (0) Jun 18, 2015 Georgia
    Beer Trader

Why would anyone have any confidence in a social media post from Wakefield?

johnyb and colt3ninja like this.
  11. colt3ninja

colt3ninja Aspirant (224) Sep 27, 2014 Florida
    Beer Trader

If he screws up the release next weekend at least no one can say that he's not consistent. That has to stand for something :wink:

JD_Bogerdy and floridadrift like this.
  12. HarryS

Beer Trader

Ronan = On time, exactly as their social media posts said.

Harbinger = On time, exactly as their social media said.

Master Blaster = at OG party, exactly as their social media said.

That's why.

13. treznor

treznor Zealot (524) Dec 20, 2006 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

You mean, other than the ignore function? Or was I missing the sarcasm font? :slight_smile:

Just in case: Click on someone's name, then up in the upper right is 'Ignore'. You won't see their posts and if someone quotes one of their posts you won't see the quote (which can get a bit confusing at times).

gjoker321 likes this.
  14. Bogart2930

Bogart2930 Initiate (147) Jul 11, 2015 Florida
    Beer Trader

This thread is like a solar eclipse your eyes are burning off but you have to see it.

15. Lapalou

Lapalou Disciple (335) Dec 21, 2014 Florida
    Beer Trader

I think it's odd to compare the Wakefield situation to the Huna day fiasco. Mainly because in the end Ccb refunded everyone's money and Also Brewed a second batch of Huna for the attendees to obtain. And apologized on social media. All things that Wakefied is being accused of not doing. I understand that he isn't big enough to eat the money yet, but taking the opposite approach of naming his beers the way he is, makes no sense.

I haven't been involved in any of the Wakefield fiascos and agree that people can have different opinions on this topic, but even the apologists can't defend that he is making good choices naming his beers haterade after people complaing etc. if your new to the FL beer scene and see these beers at a fest and ask him why he named his beer "troll so hard", what's he going to say, go read BA?

What I really don't get is why the people defending him are trying to get others to change their minds. If the beer is really good, having less people in the mix, means more for the people that actually want it. Nothing worse than being at a beer fest or brewery, having a pint next to someone bitching about the place or the past... Buzz kill.[/QUOTE]

#175 Lapalou, Feb 21, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
    FLBeerGuy and johnyb like this.
  16. Lare453

Beer Trader

[/QUOTE]

That's one of about thirty things that ccb did, but see, people forget.

Also, he's a terrible speller. Forgot the p in raspberry on the barely something bottle.

#176 Lare453, Feb 21, 2016
    floridadrift likes this.
  17. HarryS

Beer Trader

So, you guys ever plan on bringing this conversation back to beer, or is this going to continue being the "It's not personal, but yeah, it's personal" thread?

Some of you have very legitimate points, which are points that aren't lost amongst those at the brewery. Could things have gone better in certain situations? Of course they could've. They didn't, + hopefully things will change for the future.

Time to grow up. Unless it legitimately affected your lives in a horrible way, + you're suffering because of it, get over it.

You come to Miami, hit me up + I'll buy you a beer. We'll catch a game, talk some shit, + enjoy life.

Cheers, + see you at DFPF day, because I know most of you will be there.

#177 HarryS, Feb 21, 2016
    gnartothecore likes this.
  18. Bogart2930

Beer Trader

@HarryS any other details about the release? Other then Saturday and 2pp allotment? I have every other kind social media but FB, so I got to ask....

19. HarryS

Beer Trader

Here's all the info I know.

DFPF Release at 12PM, Saturday 2/27/2016 at $20 (CASH ONLY) a bottle. Limit 2 per person. Parking in Wynwood is meter only, + is a hassle as the day goes by, + more people come out. If anything changes, i'll be sure to post it on here, immediately.

floridadrift likes this.
  20. Mangbus

Mangbus Devotee (439) Aug 25, 2014 Florida
    Beer Trader

I just hope he releases a beer called "+ another beer, + good times"

mxracercam and thirstygator like this.
  21. HarryS

Beer Trader

Happy DFPF Day!

Here's the latest:

22. Jroden5446

Jroden5446 Aspirant (217) Oct 7, 2015 Florida
    Beer Trader

Anyone there? What's the line looking like?

23. HarryS

Beer Trader

SOLD OUT!!

Went on sale at Noon, + sold out by 12:50.

24. gnartothecore

Beer Trader

Got in line at 11:15 and was able to get 3 bottles

25. HarryS

Beer Trader

3 bottles because you had somebody with you,

Just clearing that up, before people start going on about "but it was 2 bottles per, + blah blah blah!"

Bogart2930 and gnartothecore like this.
  26. gnartothecore

Beer Trader

Yeah, dragged my gf out for an extra bottle to trade

HarryS likes this.
  27. Seamus

Seamus Disciple (312) Jun 12, 2012 Florida
    Beer Trader

Really well run today. There were several good shares in line and everything went as planned. Is DFPF a little less sour this year? It tasted that way and is, in my opinion, better and more drinkable.

Bogart2930 likes this.
  28. CaptainFleeker

CaptainFleeker Defender (689) Aug 27, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Can't take credit for the photo as I'm done supporting him in any way possible, but good to see the tradition of attention to detail continues with upside down labels and short fills.

[​IMG]

29. Lare453

Beer Trader

Did everyone in line get bottles?

30. gnartothecore

Beer Trader

I was near the end of the line at noon and it took about 15-20 min to get to the front. So I'd say anyone in line by 12:30 got bottles

31. heatwaves

heatwaves Aspirant (264) Oct 17, 2009 California
    Beer Trader

This could end up being like baseball cards or stamps with the upside-down labels being worth a lot of money some day. Perhaps it may even be valued at $50 like the one he provided to OG members.

32. johnyb

johnyb Defender (691) Aug 11, 2012 Florida
    Beer Trader

Sam, I'm with you brother. JWB will never see one thin dime from this wallet again.

poonamibaxter, jrnyc, kpanter and 6 others like this.
  33. Bogart2930

Beer Trader

Dont know if they still have DFPF on tap but if its there then its a must. They also just tapped Street Fruit, which I havent had but any treated Berliners from JWB is a must try. Detention is also a very solid IPA.

Dontcounttoday likes this.
  34. cacostaj

cacostaj Initiate (146) Feb 15, 2013 Florida
    Beer Trader

My buddy just had DFPF today so it still should be on tomorrow

Bogart2930 likes this.
  35. eye

eye Initiate (80) Aug 29, 2014 Florida
    Beer Trader

my picture, but a friends bottles. he didn't even notice until he got to my house. needless to say, he was very bummed.

36. chardlogic

chardlogic Aspirant (270) Feb 18, 2011 Florida
    Beer Trader

Looks like the Wakefield version of the Angel's Share in effect.

poonamibaxter likes this.
  37. polisanl

polisanl Initiate (0) Aug 6, 2010 Florida
    Beer Trader

Next on deck: Moral Imperative - imperial stout aged in bourbon barrels, brewed with kopi luwak coffee.

38. oso4life

oso4life Initiate (45) May 22, 2014 Florida
    Beer Trader

Damn April 9th!...Han Shot First, Desperado, Fruit Street, and Moral Imperative.

gnartothecore likes this.
  39. Mangbus

Mangbus Devotee (439) Aug 25, 2014 Florida
    Beer Trader

They are naming the release event on FB "Whaling Season" :rolling_eyes:

Jas45678 likes this.
  40. MosaicDrops

MosaicDrops Aspirant (230) Jun 4, 2014 New York
    Beer Trader

Guess the guy at JWB who told me Street Fruit was being canned was full of shit

berto714 likes this.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.