J Wakefield Releases

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by colt3ninja, Dec 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChucktownChambers

ChucktownChambers Initiate (43) Jan 25, 2015 Florida
    Trader

Seemed to work as they stated for me! Opened the ticket link as soon as they posted it, didn’t refresh my browser at all and was let immediately in when it went live at 12. Didn’t want to take any chances dicking with bottles and missing VIP, so I paid immediately for my VIP ticket, and success!

After that, I was able to add a GA ticket to my cart for the wife, fill out her info, hit keep shopping and add all bottles. Had to select each bottle one at a time, select quantity of 1 (or 2 for some) and “add to cart” and then “keep shopping” to select the next. There were a few times I hit keep shopping and no bottles were visible but after hitting back and then keep shopping again they appeared. Today’s my birthday so luck may have just been on my side :sunglasses:

2. spersichilli

spersichilli Initiate (115) Apr 26, 2018 Florida
    Trader

Bottles still available:
    That's The Ticket
    BA Boutit
    Off Tha Ricktor (20 yr Pappy BA)
    More Kicks Than Copelands (23 yr Pappy BA)
    all of the braggots
    Bottle Logic Variants 1/2

3. Vitacca

Vitacca Crusader (734) Sep 15, 2010 Wisconsin
    Society Trader

I decided to give it a go this morning. Had my mind made up that I was only gonna shell out the money to go if I could get VIP. Checked the website about 10:55 and hit the link to purchase tickets. Was 185 in the queue. Spent the next 15 minutes refreshing as every time I clicked VIP tickets were not available. Finally I got through and it allowed me purchase 1 ticket. After entering my CC info and all that I went to purchase a couple bottles. Of course it makes you start over after every bottle. I ended up getting 2 bottles in my cart then it sent me to the checkout page. No options to keep shopping. $454.40 later, I hope it's worth it!

Thirst_trappist and Jwolf55219 like this.
  4. SiddFinch

SiddFinch Disciple (382) Dec 18, 2013 New Hampshire
    Society Trader

Got VIP tickets and the full bottle allotment but it was definitely a major pain. By some miracle I got it to work though!

I am just curious about the raffle bottles at the fest... for those who have gone in years past, what’s the process been like on the raffles?

spersichilli likes this.
  5. fl_beer_fan

fl_beer_fan Initiate (96) Jun 9, 2015 Texas
    Trader

It's a shitshow where JWB invites every "celebrity brewer" at the fest (ie Inu and Horus) to come and pull a number out of the hat. And dudes getting asked to leave for offering to buy raffle bottles off winners right after they've won them

6. damasta414

damasta414 Initiate (43) Mar 7, 2017 Wisconsin

The people that get VIP gets first crack at buying the raffle tickets. Most if not all are gone by the time GA hits.

7. gnartothecore

gnartothecore Initiate (132) Feb 4, 2015 Florida
    Trader

It's not too bad if you don't mind watching the same 5 people win bottles for an hour

8. Thirst_trappist

Thirst_trappist Aspirant (274) Jan 18, 2016 Florida
    Trader

Haha the picture of him outside the fence...

9. SiddFinch

SiddFinch Disciple (382) Dec 18, 2013 New Hampshire
    Society Trader

Sounds... fun? :joy:

DISKORD likes this.
  10. Thirst_trappist

Trader

WakeFest is a great festival. But the checkout process...

Vitacca likes this.
  11. lr300

lr300 Disciple (372) Feb 10, 2014 Puerto Rico
    Society

Didn’t see a response to this. I am in the same boat for 2019 Wakefest. Any tips? Thanks

Vitacca likes this.
  12. Tsprinks954

Tsprinks954 Initiate (52) May 4, 2018 Florida
    Trader

All the major stouts are kicked within the first 30 mins so if you have VIP I would recommend going to those tents since the VIP drafts wont run out as fast. Think there were 2 water stations last year. No timed tappings as far GA goes for non wake beers,(besides BAKE at INU Islands Tent) wake beers are released at different times throughout the day. As far as the raffle goes it's a pain cause they keep running out of tickets but I put $40 in last year and won 2 bottles. I was lucky af but still worth a shot.

the_bavarian, SiddFinch and lr300 like this.
  13. heavyspaghetti

heavyspaghetti Initiate (39) Jan 6, 2017 Pennsylvania

If you have VIP, bake kicks early, but i would agree that the real advantage is hitting all the other spots with that extra hour before GA gets in. Water is abundant, but it gets hot as hell, so make sure to hydrate frequently and eat. The vip tent will have a ton of food early in the day and slim out by mid fest, but its all really good and you can grab it while in line for pours. Suncreen might be essential if you’re coming south for this. Other than that Wakefest is a phenomenal beer festival, don’t stress out about ticking all the whales, every brewery packs some heat for this. just go with the vibe, take care of yourself, and you will have so much fun! :slight_smile:

And yeah, keep an eye on inu, they poured bake purple last year around like 3pm? The raffles are seriously torturous especially because you could spend that hour or so drinking, but instead you just really have to pee for a long time and leave empty handed

LennyRubio, GarMerr, lr300 and 4 others like this.
  14. spersichilli

Trader

Adjunctron set dropping in the taproom next week per J Wakefield’s personal Instagram. 6 bottles: coconut, vanilla, cocoa nibs, cinnamon, coffee, and one with all 5.

15. state08

state08 Initiate (79) Feb 4, 2016 New Jersey

Any idea on the day? I’m going to be in the area the next couple days but will probably only be able to get there once. Thanks!

16. spersichilli

Trader

They said they’re gonna announce it the day of

state08 likes this.
  17. fl_beer_fan

fl_beer_fan Initiate (96) Jun 9, 2015 Texas
    Trader

Over/under that they all taste like the same exact beer?

18. Thirst_trappist

Trader

Haha over under people still buy it anyway even with this thought process

19. gnartothecore

gnartothecore Initiate (132) Feb 4, 2015 Florida
    Trader

Thirst_trappist likes this.
  20. spersichilli

Trader

Thing that differentiates this is the base I think, the three barrel blend of Vanilla, maple, and bourbon. 150 is about what I expected. If it’s around on Thursday I’ll make the drive over, if not I don’t care too much about missing it

21. Vitacca

Society Trader

So it’s 6 bottles total, the regular and 5 variants? I’d split this with someone if you’d be willing to meet up Wakefest weekend. Eases the wallet a bit.

22. spersichilli

Trader

If you call the “regular” the one with all of the adjuncts combined then yeah. It’s the 5 adjuncts and then the “adjunctron”

23. Vitacca

Society Trader

I must of read it wrong but either way, I’d split the 6 with someone. Thank you beers for you of course.

24. FrankenMiller

FrankenMiller Initiate (179) Mar 5, 2014 Florida
    Trader

Better get there tonight, looks like no mules...

⚠️Adjunctron Project Release Details⚠️⠀

We will be releasing a limited 6-bottle set of our Adjunctron Project tomorrow Thursday, December 13th between 12PM-8PM via the brewery tap room. In order to purchase and collect your Adjunctron bottle bundle tomorrow, you MUST come by the brewery TODAY Wednesday, December 12th and get a numbered wristband placed on your wrist by a JWB employee. We will take down your name and valid state ID number and match it to the number on your wristband.⠀

❗️If you remove, cut, alter, or lose the wristband you lose your opportunity to purchase an Adjunctron Project bottle bundle. These are on a first come first serve basis. It will be ONE wristband per person no exceptions. You cannot send proxies to pick up a wristband, nor have proxies pick up the bottle bundle for you. The name associated with your wristband MUST match the name associated with the purchaser. Once you have your wristband you can come back tomorrow, December 13th and purchase your set between 12PM-8PM in the tap room. Your wristband will be removed once you have completed your purchase. ⠀

❗️If you do not show by 8PM December 13th to purchase the Adjunctron bottle bundle you will forfeit your opportunity to purchase.⠀

Adjunctron Project 6-Bottle Bundle:⠀
    $150 (plus sales tax)⠀

A blend of 4 different Imperial Stouts featuring coconut, cinnamon, vanilla, chocolate, and coffee aged in Maple, Vanilla, and Double Oak Bourbon barrels.⠀

-Yellow Lion with Coffee 500ml bottle.⠀
    -Black Lion with Coconut 500ml bottle.⠀
    -Red Lion with Cinnamon 500ml bottle.⠀
    -Blue Lion with Vanilla 500ml bottle.⠀
    -Green Lion with Cocoa Nib 500ml bottle.⠀
    -Adjunctron 500ml, a blend of all five lions.⠀

25. LennyRubio

LennyRubio Initiate (123) May 31, 2012 Florida
    Trader

stoked for this release, the base beer is excellent

26. spersichilli

Trader

Doesn’t look like they're out of wristbands, wonder how that will work

27. FrankenMiller

Trader

Hopefully they are smart enough to only give out enough wristbands for the number of sets they have. They today people without show up... get one then the set.
    But this is JWB we are talking about, I am sure it will be a shit show at some point.

Readmorevols and Bfairhurst74 like this.
  28. LennyRubio

Trader

Zero shitshow, couldn’t be any smoother and they’re all tasting amazing. Hope they continue to with this format moving forward

tanis38 and FrankenMiller like this.
  29. Thirst_trappist

Trader

Did it sell out?

30. LennyRubio

Trader

Still some sets left, worth the trip

31. FrankenMiller

Trader

Glad to hear!!!

LennyRubio likes this.
  32. tanis38

tanis38 Initiate (44) Jul 26, 2013 Florida

I was able to pass by yesterday as the tap room opened, I didn't have a wristband since I did not go the previous day to get one, and I managed to secure a set and try a flight of all the beers. Zero hassle. I was surprised at how easy the entire ordeal was.

And the beers are all fantastic, lots of barrel character and the adjuncts really come through. The coconut one was the one that I got least adjunct flavor from. The coffee was amazing and my favorite of the bunch.

33. spersichilli

Trader

Going to swing over today from the other coast, surprised these have lasted so long

34. spersichilli

Trader

“Lots” of adjunctron left according to the bartenders

tanis38 likes this.
  35. jaba45

jaba45 Initiate (90) Feb 9, 2008 Florida

Did they discount BA Gourdita or has it always been $25?

36. LennyRubio

Trader

I believe it was 25 last year too

37. Xeal

Xeal Initiate (178) Mar 5, 2016 New York
    Trader

Did anyone go to the bottle share last night? Was wondering what he put out

spersichilli likes this.
  38. jon_doh

jon_doh Initiate (51) Dec 1, 2018 Connecticut
    Trader

Does anyone know if there are any bottles still available for wakefest? I know I’m late to the party but I might be able to go now and it would be good to know if an early bird ticket gets me any bottles at this point.

39. spersichilli

Trader

Last time I checked they were

40. lr300

lr300 Disciple (372) Feb 10, 2014 Puerto Rico
    Society

There were still some left. At least that’s the ticket and one of the Pappys). You can do a mock order and try to add them to your cart. Unfortunately they have not removed the ones that are gone, so you will see all of them and have to go into each one to see if they are in stock.

tanis38 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.