Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Latin America Jamaica - only logical thread for this country

Discussion in 'The Rest of the World' started by stouts4me, Feb 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stouts4me

stouts4me Oct 9, 2011 Illinois

Will be dropping into the 7 mile beach area sometime soon, I know all about Red Stripe, is there any micro's giving it a go down here ? How about Dragon Stout Spitfire , it is from RedStripe, and I had it in Cayman's and was awesome, even saved the250 ml bottle, it was 10 o/o, bottle says brewed in Kingston.Help?

2. TongoRad

TongoRad Jun 3, 2004 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

Sorry I can't be of much help- all I know at this point is what gets served at the resorts. Draught Red Stripe in Jamaica is not that bad, really. Dragon Stout is also good. They have their own Guinness Foreign Extra also which is excellent, with more dark fruit elements from the yeast signature.

My next visit I do plan on venturing out more, so if you find something I'd appreciate it if you could post back. Have a great trip, and cheers!

3. core42

core42 May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Beer Trader

I was in Kingston for 2 months last year for work.
    Dragon Stout Spitfire is definitely there along w/every type of red stripe you can imagine. There's red stripe, red stripe light, red stripe light ginger, red stripe light apple, red stripe light lime. There's also Guinness foreign stout which is a bit different than regular Guinness. All in all I would say get used to drinking rum as there aren't many options & in Jamaica they don't plan well so finding anything on draft is tough to do as it's usually out.
    For the most part it was Red Stripe & Red Stripe Light for me while I was there along with hard liquor

4. stouts4me

stouts4me Oct 9, 2011 Illinois

Boom ! Post on my own thread.......5 minute walk from Grand Lido Negril, gas/store has it in the cooler, less than $2 ea. they also had Red Stripe Ginger, Raspberry, and Lime, with regular and light. Nice score!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe