Jester King 2015 Hibernal Dichotomous

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by elbrooksie, Mar 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elbrooksie

elbrooksie Aspirant (219) Jan 10, 2013 Texas
    Trader

tx_beer_man and porter0209 like this.
  2. porter0209

porter0209 Aspirant (285) Mar 22, 2008 Texas
    Trader

Loved the last recipe but this one sounds delicious too.

Just curious, but I had presumed when this series was announced, that there would be 4 Dichotomus releases per year, 1 per season. Was that just an incorerct assumption? Is there still one coming that is bottle conditioning?

3. mph005

mph005 Initiate (170) Nov 25, 2013 Texas
    Trader

No Vernal?

dkw0063 likes this.
  4. Heretic42

Heretic42 Initiate (0) Aug 31, 2011 Texas

Just a guess, but I'd imagine there'll be a summer release this time around. Vernal would imply that it was brewed in the spring with spring-time ingredients (i.e. now)

5. saint0r

saint0r Initiate (0) Aug 8, 2013 Texas

beets me.

6. Ryno3031

Ryno3031 Aspirant (226) Oct 10, 2014 Texas

Awesome...hoping to get up there Friday so I can get Hibernal, Repose and hopefully MvB if any remain

7. MLDucky

MLDucky Defender (617) Oct 12, 2013 Texas
    Trader

480 bottles of mvb remain according to the thread that shall not be named

8. jesterkingbeer

jesterkingbeer Aspirant (220) Jun 28, 2010 Texas

We're brewing '15 Vernal Dichotomous this week.

9. CavemanRamblin

CavemanRamblin Crusader (740) Jun 19, 2014 North Carolina
    Deactivated

This might be a dumb question, but why do the Dichotomous series beers come out at the tail end of the season that they are "celebrating?" Winter is over now is it not?

10. mwbbq

mwbbq Aspirant (218) Dec 7, 2013 Texas

I think it's because they brew with the fresh vegetables from that season (brewed in December as they mention in their blog post), but then it takes a couple months for the beer to ferment (yeast chomping on sugars) and then another month or so to bottle condition (carbonate).

Indytruks138 and CavemanRamblin like this.
  11. CavemanRamblin

Deactivated

This makes sense and I figured this was basically the answer, but it would just be nice if they came out a little bit earlier so you could enjoy it during that actual season. This is like the opposite of seasonal-creep.

My favorite thing in the world is pairing a saison with dinner at home. Would've been awesome to, for instance, drink the Autumnal that I had with a nice roasted squash dish or something like that. But by the time it came out, fresh fall produce was long gone.

12. mwbbq

Just be patient and keep a bottle until the fall! It will taste a lot better than the peach pumpkin ales we all apparently drink all the time.

CavemanRamblin likes this.
  13. CavemanRamblin

Deactivated

I think that's what I'm going to do, but I was a little worried about it losing something and I wanted to make sure I got the full essence of it. I know every Dichotomous beer is different, but have you aged any of the previous ones?

14. mwbbq

Yeah, I had a 2014 Hibernal Dichotomous a month or so ago at a local restaurant. Still got watermelon and herbs...different than fresh, but still tasty! And the rest of the Dichotomouses are still pretty young, but I'm sure they will still be good for a while.

Jvrdz24, nsheehan and CavemanRamblin like this.
  15. cmoody91

cmoody91 Initiate (0) Mar 21, 2010 Illinois

Excited to see how this turns out. The last two Dichotomous beers were some of the best beers I've ever had.

ElkSherpa and jesterkingbeer like this.
  16. Westyn

Westyn Initiate (0) Feb 12, 2014 Texas

Random question, just found the latest Jester King thread. Does anyone know if JK will be open on Good Friday?

17. aschwab

aschwab Zealot (501) Mar 3, 2009 Texas

Yes.

18. Westyn

Westyn Initiate (0) Feb 12, 2014 Texas

Thanks man

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.