Jester King in Georgia?

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by ndepriest, Dec 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ndepriest

ndepriest Aspirant (259) Feb 21, 2012 Georgia
    Beer Trader

I just saw a few Jester King bottles at my local spot (in Athens) and was wondering if anyone else had seen anything. Hopefully they'll keep on coming as Jester King makes some wonderful beers.

2. mondegreen

mondegreen Devotee (419) Nov 4, 2009 Georgia

I'm not sure how they ended up on the shelf, but it's usually best not to ask questions in Athens. Sometimes good things just *appear*.

Terrapin8 likes this.
  3. Peanut

Peanut Initiate (0) Oct 22, 2012 Georgia
    Beer Trader

Shhh

tcblack4d likes this.
  4. GameFreac

GameFreac Disciple (370) Apr 8, 2011 Georgia
    Beer Trader

Give me some El Cedro and I won't tell anyone.

5. ndepriest

ndepriest Aspirant (259) Feb 21, 2012 Georgia
    Beer Trader

Oh, I know all about mystery bottles appearing in Athens (I usually have employees hold them for me), but the staff acted like the Jester King stuff was on the up and up, though that clearly might not be the case.

Either way, I was excited to stumble across them.

6. RDMII

RDMII Disciple (342) Apr 11, 2010 Georgia

Nope, no GA distro as of yet.

7. krmkrm

krmkrm Initiate (0) Jul 15, 2013 Alaska

As a TX native, I've gotta be curious. I know that they occasionally send a few bottles out of state (e.g. CA), but hadn't heard anything about JK making it down here.

8. ontherocks

ontherocks Initiate (0) Mar 4, 2008 Georgia

Is there anything from Jester King (or another Texas brewery) that is in a large stoneware bottle? Sorry I don't remember where, but it was not in Athens. It was a bit out of my price range, so I passed it up. I do recall thinking that I hoped there was more to follow.

9. krmkrm

krmkrm Initiate (0) Jul 15, 2013 Alaska

512 Five (their fifth anniversary Russian imperial) was sold in a ceramic bottle. I have a hard time believing that they'd distribute it out here... They only bottle one or two things a year for Texas.

10. RDMII

RDMII Disciple (342) Apr 11, 2010 Georgia

As I said above, they are NOT distro'ed here yet. Plenty of people bootleg stuff in though. Bars are known to do it once in a while too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.