Jester King label approvals

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by hopgood, Oct 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hopgood

hopgood Initiate (0) Oct 21, 2015 Nevada

Why do I never see Jester King's label approvals when Andrew posts on his page? Am I just overlooking it?

2. jkn09

jkn09 Aspirant (275) Oct 17, 2012 Texas

They're always there for new ones. They don't get new labels for re-releases and new batches.

3. aschwab

aschwab Zealot (501) Mar 3, 2009 Texas

Jester King is a brewpub. They do not need label approvals to sell their beers on site. They only need label approvals if they plan on selling that beer anywhere else other than the brewery.

Basically, if it is going into stores, to a beer dinner, to a beer festival, or going to be on tap at a bar, it requires a label approval. If they are just selling it on site with no intentions of it leaving, they do not need label approval.

They do tend to get approvals for most of their beers, though. The fruited sour ones tend to get approvals for beer dinners and festivals, but that seems to happen usually a bit after they are released.

tx_beer_man likes this.
  4. fbt

fbt Initiate (21) Jun 16, 2015 California

Dumb question, do you need label approval if you are not going to use a label on it, such as on kegs?

5. jamescain

jamescain Champion (858) Jul 14, 2009 Texas

Yes I believe you still do. They get approval for the keg collar I think.

6. aschwab

aschwab Zealot (501) Mar 3, 2009 Texas

Kegs get label approval as well.

They just look like this[​IMG]

East1stgrocery and fbt like this.
  7. caffeineTX

caffeineTX Initiate (116) Aug 29, 2014 Texas
    Trader

anything a brewery wants to sell/distribute outside of their brewery legally requires an approval for cans/kegs/bottles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.