Jolly Pumpkin Release Sunday?

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by decadance, Apr 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imfrommichigan

imfrommichigan Aspirant (271) Jul 12, 2012 Utah
    Beer Trader

They're on sale now! Who wants to gopickitupformebro and help out a fellow Michigander?

2. ereye

ereye Initiate (0) Nov 4, 2012 Michigan

Just left JP after picking up my share. Sales are at the Ann Arbor Brew Pub, upstairs. I counted 26 cases next to the bar, which from what I was told is all they have left. Seemed to me like theyre going pretty fast, so Im not sure about the whole being around until later in the week. I would call before making any long trips to Ann Arbor. Good luck to everyone!

3. PattyMelt

PattyMelt Initiate (0) Feb 3, 2013 Michigan

Work midnights & about to hit the hay, but swinging out to see if they have any left about 4ish. Hopefully they do. :slight_smile:

4. patol8

patol8 Initiate (199) Jul 6, 2010 Michigan
    Beer Trader

They should have it at 4, still plenty left and no line at 11am.

5. Benny3000

Benny3000 Initiate (0) Apr 4, 2012 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Currently, there is no bottle limit and several cases left.

6. landrewg

landrewg Initiate (186) Nov 11, 2008 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Got my three this morning. Didn't realize they were only 330 ml. Not paying quite enough attention I guess.

7. jodan

jodan Initiate (0) Jul 24, 2008 California

on the off chance anyone has any for trade, I'd love to try this, regular version is a favorite. worth a shot.

8. jb123

jb123 Initiate (0) Dec 3, 2012 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Sold out! Pissed off! I'd like a bottle or two. Have the shorts beers that were brewery only and some zombie dust and other fff offerings to trade. Someone hook me up!

9. szmnnl99

szmnnl99 Crusader (726) Apr 3, 2006 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Wow, that was quick.Hopefully Johnnie Nepal has my back!

10. tinypyramids

tinypyramids Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2012 Illinois

got my bottles and had some on tap this morning. phenomenal beer.

Benny3000 likes this.
  11. Romulux

Romulux Initiate (0) Jan 28, 2008 Michigan

Would have lasted quite a while if they wouldn't have lifted the 3 bottle limit. People must have bought cases. Wish I would have slept in instead of getting there early and leaving! To the slackers....go the spoils! Damn!

12. jb123

Beer Trader

To the people who got cases. Lets work this trade. I'd love even one!

13. nfc2469

nfc2469 Initiate (27) Jun 26, 2009 Michigan
    Beer Trader

I have 2 bottles for trade BM me and we will work something out.

14. HomeBrewed

HomeBrewed Initiate (189) Dec 10, 2006 Minnesota
    Industry Beer Trader

Lifted the limit? WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was a bitch move JP. Seriously. I show up at 1pm and can only get 3, then they say, "ah well, let's just let everyone else buy as much as they want?" That sucks balls for me and anyone who showed up earlier. Lame as hell. End of rant.

15. jb123

Beer Trader

I agree and sucks for the people who were going to drive 2 hours for only three bottles. But I'd be pissed if they told me three and I got three and others got a case.... Really a weird move by them

16. c64person

c64person Devotee (442) Mar 20, 2010 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

Glad I got there when I did then, got my bottles and had a glass on tap, I have to say, it is a phenomenal brew, found a few bottles of the regular stuff as well, going to have to see how they compare (funny the regular bottles were $12.99 and are 750mL).

17. HomeBrewed

Industry Beer Trader

I honestly will not be purchasing any JP beers ever again after this. Was planning on going back for dinner and beers on Tuesday, but that isn't happening anymore. There is too much other good stuff available for me to support a place that screws customers like this. Go ahead and say I'm overreacting...I'm ok with that.

18. eyeenjoybeer

eyeenjoybeer Initiate (0) Feb 18, 2011 Seychelles

You are overreacting.

Zaphog, sarcastro, Steimie and 8 others like this.
  19. jb123

Beer Trader

Eh it's bs plain and simple. Bush league move by them. Easily Avoidable.

20. Romulux

Well, this post was at 11:48 so in theory if you were there at one it should have been no limit. So, I don't know what to believe. Can anyone else confirm that they lifted the limit? I was really just commenting based on Benny3000's post, I have no first hand knowledge if it was lifted.

21. JohnnieNepal

JohnnieNepal Defender (644) Feb 16, 2013 Michigan
    Beer Trader

We got there at about 11:00 or so and the first floor was maybe 50% full and the bar was empty. A little while later we were told by the relief bartender that the limit had been lifted because there wasn't the demand they were expecting. At that time I didn't see people buying cases at a time. It was a very relaxed atmosphere in which I enjoyed company while having some fantastic Biere and snacks.

I asked what makes it the Grand Reserve from the regular... after reading the bottles, going through some three ring binders of notes, not sure who bartender finally talked to, but she came back with the regular Biere de Mars is aged in oak barrels for three months, GR is then aged for another 21-24 months.

22. JohnnieNepal

Beer Trader

gtg

szmnnl99 likes this.
  23. Romulux

I figured it was true. I am used to random wackiness at beer releases so I am not all pissed off. It just sucks that I got there right at ten had a draft(amazing beer) and left at 10:30. Then they make it unlimited only a half hour after I leave. Life sucks....have a beer.

tectactoe likes this.
  24. HomeBrewed

Industry Beer Trader

All I can say is I know what time I was there and what I was told by the bartender. "Strict limit of 3 bottles."

25. Romulux

So it sounds like it was lifted from like 11 to 1....even weirder. Somebody or a few somebodies must have bought a shit ton during that time and then they dropped it back down or just terrible communication between the workers at JP.

26. warnerry

warnerry Meyvn (1,191) Apr 23, 2010 Michigan

Weird. Was there from 11:15 to 12:30. I was told 3 bottle limit by the waitress when we got there. Gf decided to buy bottles when we were about to leave and was also told 3 bottle limit. Were the case sales only happening at the bar, or at tables as well? I'm fine with the 3 bottle limit. Just seems to be some inconsistency.

27. Benny3000

Beer Trader

I picked up five bottles and had a glass on tap. So delicious. However, the highlight of my visit was the JP Burger with trouffle fries. So fucking good. I would probably trade a bottle or two if one anyone has some of the Shorts release from the weekend.

tobin likes this.
  28. Benny3000

Beer Trader

Lots of complaining for someone that got three bottles. Enjoy them and relax.

patol8 likes this.
  29. c64person

c64person Devotee (442) Mar 20, 2010 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

I don't know, I left around 11:15-11:30 and I did see someone with a case, however it was a group of four people together, so that makes sense. They probably only had 2-3 cases left at that time. Maybe they sold cases to people, but I don't think they did at least not by the time I left.

30. jb123

Beer Trader

312$ for a case. i thought i had a problem...

31. JohnnieNepal

Beer Trader

Their cases were twelve of the 330ml bottles, but I agree this was a pricey beer to hoard if that's what happened.

32. jb123

Beer Trader

oh a 12er eh. ya thats still insane but eh, america land of big timers..

33. tommyz

tommyz Devotee (420) May 28, 2007 Michigan
    Beer Trader

I got there around 2 and there was a 3 bottle limit..I purchased my bottles..My mule got there 5 mins after and they were sold out...sucks, but glad I got the 3

And by the way, the beer was phenomenal..!!!! One of the best sours ive had...Was happy as I got last glass before the keg blew,,

34. BigAl723

BigAl723 Initiate (0) Sep 20, 2006 Michigan

I was happy with two bottles and one draft.

35. ChadlyG

ChadlyG Initiate (47) Oct 9, 2011 Michigan

I got there around 11 and I only saw a few people who had bought bottles so I ate first and enjoyed one on tap. Left around 1230-1 and was told 3 bottle limit. Didn't see anyone with more than 3 while I was there but who knows. Was hapoy with what I got. Especially at $12 a bottle.

36. ereye

ereye Initiate (0) Nov 4, 2012 Michigan

I was there from 10:30-10:40. Three bottle limit was being enforced by all the bartenders upstairs. Didnt really see anybody with more than that. Like I said, bottles seemed to be going fast and, by my estimates, it certainly looked like they would run out by the end of the day, but I wasnt sure if that was just the early rush. If they did in fact lift the limit, then thats a weak move by JP. Weird to think that they would though. Regardless of the pace they wouldve eventually sold out, even if a couple of days later. Just my $0.02.

37. jb123

Beer Trader

I agree la roja was there for like 3-4 days AND at the TC location.really a crazy move by jp. Come on man!

38. psykosis

psykosis Aspirant (268) May 21, 2009 Indiana
    Beer Trader

I'm bummed this didn't make it to the TC location. If supply was that low, I'm even more blown away by the reports of them lifting allotments at the AA location. Thanks to a friend doing me a HUGE favor, I have a couple bottles waiting for me at his house. All in all, this feels like a bad roll out by JP. I hope they can clarify things on their FB page or something. Regardless, they will continue to get my money as I'm rather addicted to the amazing beers they produce.

39. Corbet

Corbet Initiate (164) Nov 7, 2010 Michigan
    Beer Trader

My buddy got there at 10 am and the bartender selling bottles told his wife that they were lifting the limit. They left with 4 each.

40. Benny3000

Beer Trader

I was there at 11:15 and there was no limit upstairs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.