Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sprucetip

sprucetip Initiate (0) Nov 13, 2007 Alaska

You know, the one with the old label? Or maybe you don't? Back when you could buy it off the shelf in the midwest, not standing in line to get one 4 pack, or one bottle, as the case may be…. Good times. It's still delicious after all these years.

2. LakerLeith

LakerLeith Zealot (549) Aug 11, 2013 California
    Trader

I shall start the slow clap I guess..

*clap* .... *clap* ... *clap*

No but really, cheers! I'm jealous

3. Connortripp

Connortripp Initiate (116) Oct 1, 2014 Minnesota
    Trader

Good on you for having the patience! Glad to hear it held up after 7 years.

4. shawnp

shawnp Initiate (0) Jan 15, 2010 Minnesota

I've got one last bottle of '08 too. Waiting for the right time...

Connortripp likes this.
  5. HoptimusPrimeIPA

HoptimusPrimeIPA Initiate (0) Dec 11, 2010 Florida

Glad to hear it's held up. I've got a 2009 stashed away that I'm waiting for the appropriate occasion to open.

6. floridadrift

floridadrift Initiate (0) Oct 24, 2014 Florida

Whats the oldest beer you have in your cellar now?

sprucetip likes this.
  7. sprucetip

the 09s just got good about a year or two ago. Last year I think. It was the only year, in my view, that was hot for an extended period of time. Every year I'd have one hoping it would have mellowed, but it was still hot. Finally, it chilled.

8. sprucetip

I think probably an 07 Abyss…and you sir?

9. HoptimusPrimeIPA

HoptimusPrimeIPA Initiate (0) Dec 11, 2010 Florida

This is awesome to hear. Between my friend and me we have a 09-14 vertical that we are thinking about breaking out this weekend my a buddies bachelor party. Bourbon county stout is his favorite beer of all time so we're probably making this happen.

sprucetip likes this.
  10. floridadrift

floridadrift Initiate (0) Oct 24, 2014 Florida

05 JW LEES Port cask

That 07 Abyss should be perfect now, right? I had it for the first time this year and it was really good, I cellared one but with seven years, I imagine, it would be prime, I wonder in what direction the wine taste will go. Let me know when you crack that bad boy.

11. Dope

Dope Poo-Bah (2,554) Oct 5, 2010 Massachusetts

Not that anyone cares what I think, but I'd drink it sooner than later. I had an 09 recently that has been sitting in my cellar and it was good but you could get some telltale oxidation signs. It was also almost completely flat and basically tasted like bourbon hershey's syrup. Which sounds great but it's fairly hard to drink especially since these were the days of BCBS bombers so it was rough to finish the whole thing. I prefer 3-4 years, 5+ is pushing it, IMO.

Dope

floridadrift likes this.
  12. JAntony345

JAntony345 Initiate (85) May 1, 2010 New York

I drank an 07 last year for my birthday. It was one of the best beers I've ever had.

floridadrift likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.