Kane Brewing (2019)

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by SammyJaxxxx, Jan 2, 2019.

1. SammyJaxxxx

SammyJaxxxx Poo-Bah (2,248) Feb 23, 2012 New Jersey
    Premium Trader

Kane Brewing: http://www.kanebrewing.com/

Address: 1750 Bloomsbury Ave, Ocean Township, NJ 07712
    We are located behind the Ocean Plaza Shopping Center off Route 35.

Tap Room Hours: Thursday: 5 pm to 8 pm, Friday: 5 pm to 8 pm, Saturday: 12 pm to 7 pm, Sunday: 12 pm to 5 pm (as of 9/1/18)

Tours: THURS & FRI SELF GUIDED TOURS
    SAT & SUN GUIDED TOURS HOURLY STARTING 1PM
    NO RESERVATIONS REQUIRED

They DO NOT allow any tour buses, limousines, party groups, bachelor or bachelorette parties, etc. in the brewery for tours and tastings. We have limited space and do not have the staff to handle large unexpected groups even with a prior reservation.

Current Tap List: Facebook is updated before retail hours with current Tap List. Year round beers includes Head High, Overhead and Single Finn.

Growler Fills: Beer prices vary depending on style but range from $7-$20+. The cost of the growler is an additional $10 for one-liter, and $12 for two-liter. Yes, Kane fills growlers from other breweries as long as it has a government warning, labeled volume, and a Kane Brewing Co. sticker can be applied for regulatory compliance.

Can and Bottles Sales: Limited release 750ml bottles for sale at the brewery as well as cans. Check Facebook (must have Facebook account), Twitter, or Instagram for up to date list. Solitude, our 9.2% Belgian-style dark strong ale, will now be available at the brewery in 750ml bottles on an (almost) year-round basis.

They offer a few varieties of their beer to be purchased in sixtel (5.2 gallon kegs). In addition to the cost of the beer, there is a $30 cash deposit required for the keg that will be refunded upon its return.
    http://www.kanebrewing.com/retail-keg-request/

Nice pics on their instagram feed: https://www.instagram.com/kanebrewing/

Kane Gear: Kane branded growlers, glasses, hats and t-shirts are available in the tap room. They also have an online store at https://squareup.com/market/kanebrewing

Kids and Dogs: Minors are welcome as long as they are accompanied by a parent or guardian. No pets.

Nearby Food:

Asbury Park:

· Brick Wall

· Asbury Festhalle & Biergarten

· Mogo

· Porta

· Taka

· Cross and Orange

· Franks Deli

· Johhny Macs

· Talula's

· Speakeatery

· Pasta Volo

Avon:

· Rigg's Seafood

· Clementine's

Belmar:

· 10th Ave Burrito

· Hoagitos

· Jersey Shore BBQ

· Twisted Tapas

· Stay Gold Cafe

· Rajin Cajun

Bradley Beach:

· Blue Marlin

· Thai Basil

Long Branch:

· Avenue Le Club

Neptune:

· The Grand Tavern

· Jameson's Southern Cooking

@glennl, Vice President of Operations, has been known to make occasional comments when speculation is not correct.

Mrstiffington and RobNewton like this.
  2. RollTide7

RollTide7 Aspirant (236) Feb 16, 2013 New Jersey

Party Wave Cans today...surprised that its been so long!

fdonnelly, SammyJaxxxx and mayhops like this.
  3. JG__

JG__ Initiate (38) Mar 26, 2017 New Jersey
    Trader

Can anyone confirm that Party Wave cans made it through the day? Website is updated for 1/6, but under the cans section is lists Party Wave and “growlers”.

4. RollTide7

RollTide7 Aspirant (236) Feb 16, 2013 New Jersey

I see what you mean, they listed Party Wave under cans and also Kegs but it says Growlers under both of them, but then doesn't list it under the growlers section.... pretty odd.

5. SPRichard

SPRichard Devotee (406) Apr 26, 2008 New Jersey
    Trader

6. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Initiate (181) Feb 17, 2017 New Jersey

Just finished my last bottle from 2017 over Christmas. If Im lucky enough to get this again will drink it much quicker. It was still very good but enjoyed it more fresh (imagine that).

Mrstiffington likes this.
  7. fdonnelly

fdonnelly Initiate (117) Dec 14, 2016 New Jersey
    Trader

I think I have 1 of the original 2016 bottle and 2 of the 2017 bottle, shit maybe ill drink one tonight!

bryantc3 and Mrstiffington like this.
  8. mumbles44

mumbles44 Initiate (180) Jan 22, 2016 New Jersey
    Trader

instagram comments are always the best

tzieser likes this.
  9. tzieser

tzieser Meyvn (1,002) Nov 21, 2006 New Jersey
    Trader

I've never had a bottle. Hoping I get a chance!:grimacing:

Mrstiffington and bryantc3 like this.
  10. DrederickTatum

DrederickTatum Initiate (174) Dec 13, 2016 New Jersey

I was able to get Sunday Brunch and Anniversary very easily. Hoping the streak continues.

11. Tim725

Tim725 Disciple (336) Mar 8, 2014 New Jersey
    Trader

The fact that they are allowing up to 2 allocations per person indicates there is a TON... but thinking that it will help my cause if I only go for 1 allocation (which is plenty for me and I am not looking to trade or anything...). Here's hoping! Got shut out last time they did Mexican Brunch via online lottery, but got it when they did the 'quiet release' the year before.

12. bryantc3

bryantc3 Initiate (152) Apr 12, 2017 New Jersey

they did the same allotments for SB, went just as quick as every other release.

SammyJaxxxx and tzieser like this.
  13. fdonnelly

fdonnelly Initiate (117) Dec 14, 2016 New Jersey
    Trader

I got Sunday last time with no issue (2 sets). And i feel like it was up longer then releases prior (mexican in 2017, BA Sunday and so on) so who knows. Either way I will try and if I get it cool, if not, ill crack an old bottle (drank something else last night)

tzieser likes this.
  14. bryantc3

SB sold out in 15 minutes - like officially sold out, not just "unavailable." So still a super small window.

fdonnelly and tzieser like this.
  15. TheGent

TheGent Meyvn (1,443) Jun 29, 2010 New Jersey
    Premium Trader

Never had it. Didn’t go for Sunday Brunch but I’m going for this one. Fingers crossed!

tzieser and Mrstiffington like this.
  16. jojo2112

jojo2112 Initiate (155) Sep 24, 2014 Pennsylvania

Amazed that you still have to jump through hoops for this. It's a great beer, but it's not THAT great.

Mrstiffington and jonphisher like this.
  17. Mrstiffington

Mrstiffington Initiate (53) Jun 8, 2018 New Jersey
    Trader

I agree. Kane releases so many different things, and in such large quantities, that you would think that it would be just a matter of showing up some time during the day or next after a release and be able to get something. That’s true of some of their releases but not all. The Brunches and Bells aren’t even barrel-aged!:wink: (Well except for the BA versions)

tzieser likes this.
  18. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Initiate (181) Feb 17, 2017 New Jersey

Even if the beer isn't "THAT great", the demand has to be such that to have a regular announcement and release would create crowds at the brewery that they aren't able to manage to their standards (creating other complaints). By no means am I an expert on Kane releases but, a few of the beers they only release annually seem to draw much more interest than others like Malus or Vengeful Heart. I suspect that Mexican Brunch is one of them for whatever reason (it's a great beer).

19. Mrstiffington

Trader

You’re totally right here, it is a tasty beer. I would argue that Vengeful Heart is also a great beer yet because of the style it luckily sits a few weeks. People lose their shit over the big stouts/porters. Demand for beers like Mexican Brunch is still higher than supply and that’s a shame for everyone but Kane. As mentioned in another thread, NJ still has too few breweries, much less great ones, to accommodate demand.

Greyvtrayn likes this.
  20. SPRichard

SPRichard Devotee (406) Apr 26, 2008 New Jersey
    Trader

21. bryantc3

Back to back party wave releases, granted this one is $2 more and "DDH"

Perhaps it'll slowly become part of the HH/OH/SB "always around" lineup.

fdonnelly and Mrstiffington like this.
  22. Sabtos

Sabtos Poo-Bah (5,350) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Trader

Don't worry, it's verrrrry similar to Sunday Brunch, which isn't a bad thing. One of the most delicious dark beers of any kind ever made, barrel aged or not. Frankly I like the regular versions more than the barrel aged versions.

23. Dreamer57

Dreamer57 Initiate (131) Apr 13, 2015 New Jersey
    Trader

I thought I was alone in this thinking. I agree 100%

24. tynian16

tynian16 Disciple (333) Oct 23, 2015 New York
    Premium

I agree. These beers are better non barrel aged.

Dreamer57 likes this.
  25. jonphisher

jonphisher Initiate (176) Aug 9, 2015 New Jersey
    Trader

Second the nonbarrel statements. Barrel aged Sunday brunch was half of its non barrel self. Just my opinion and preference though I guess.

Dreamer57 likes this.
  26. tzieser

Trader

So how’s Summer Moon drinking? I picked some up today but can’t enjoy one til February.

27. Mrstiffington

Trader

I’m drinking one right now while grilling. It’s really good but I feel it’ll really drop off in exactly 19 days.

28. Mrstiffington

Trader

Funny thing. They posted that they had a little Party Wave left but it seemed like no one was buying it with DDH Party Wave available the same day because it was still there when I stopped by about an hour ago. Did an Icarus/Kane run for some good stuff.

SammyJaxxxx and tzieser like this.
  29. TheGent

Premium Trader

We’re you at Icarus for the anniversary event? If so, how was it?

30. tzieser

Trader

I was one of those jerks, mostly because I’ve had (and thoroughly enjoyed) party wave a bunch of times and I figured might as well splurge on the DDH while I could still get it. Kinda kicking myself now though, love me some party wave. Hope the DDH version turned out well.

31. TheGent

Premium Trader

“Were”

Damn edit rule.

32. Mrstiffington

Trader

I was there briefly. I had two tasters and bolted after buying some cans and a bottle to head to kane before heading home for playoffs. It was crowded but not a shit-show and no line for pours or to-go sales which was nice.

TheGent likes this.
  33. TheGent

Premium Trader

Cool. I resolve to drink more Icarus this year after trying a handful of their beers last year and enjoying them.

34. Mrstiffington

Trader

I didn’t the same. Almost bought some for science but since I also got stuff at Icarus I limited myself to a four pack of each of today’s release.

tzieser likes this.
  35. Mrstiffington

Trader

So I’ll also say that the best beer I had from Icarus today was Valjean, a saison. This beer is an indictment of the craft beer drinker. It’s the oldest beer available from the brewery but it’s not DDH DIPA or big stout so it sits. But this is a Kane thread so I’ll add that both canned options were very good (natch).

SammyJaxxxx and TheGent like this.
  36. TheGent

Premium Trader

That’s a surprise. (Proves your point).

Looks like that’s out there in cans too. I’ll pick it up if I see it.

Didn’t get the chance to try either of these new Kane beers, but I will say I’m digging the “new” designs.

37. Mrstiffington

Trader

If you like saisons it’s a good one. Drinking it now while watching/hoping the Cowboys lose.

Full disclosure I didn’t get Yacht Juice and haven’t opened Bourbon Legend.

TheGent likes this.
  38. SammyJaxxxx

SammyJaxxxx Poo-Bah (2,248) Feb 23, 2012 New Jersey
    Premium Trader

Similar story. I stopped by Brix City. They had a black Lager on tap that was spot on. Everybody buying the haze was missing out.

Ok back to Kane

39. njcraftfan

njcraftfan Initiate (79) Dec 18, 2016 New Jersey

looks like we need an Icarus thread...

Hows DDH party wave compared to the reg?

mayhops and Chroma914 like this.
  40. Mrstiffington

Trader

I was thinking the same thing but I don’t feel like starting one and having to put all the info in.

As I stated, I didn’t buy the reg along with the DDH but it seems very similar to what I remember.