Kane Brewing (2019)

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by SammyJaxxxx, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Davedeath

Davedeath Initiate (19) Mar 5, 2018 New Jersey
    Trader

It wasn't even a issue then,it wasn't gushing like a volcano or anything.

2. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Aspirant (222) Feb 17, 2017 New Jersey
    Trader

PM for steps to rid yourself of whatever remaining underwhelming bottles of this beer you are currently burdened with.

3. DrederickTatum

DrederickTatum Initiate (182) Dec 13, 2016 New Jersey
    Trader

MB is very good. I’m not getting any peppers but I eat chiles pretty much everyday so maybe I have a tolerance. My gf says she’s getting the pepper. To me this is basically identical to SB which is a very good thing.

mayhops and Sabtos like this.
  4. William_Navidson

William_Navidson Initiate (146) May 1, 2015 Pennsylvania
    Trader

When stouts are actually spicy it's more of a novelty more than a beer that tastes good imo. The peppers should be light, and Kane does that with MB (as is the case with most of the better Mexican stouts).

5. bryantc3

bryantc3 Initiate (171) Apr 12, 2017 New Jersey

That's why I had "fizzing" in quotes.

This was fine, carb was alright, perhaps slightly lower than SB. MB is nice and fudge-y, spice is slight but not like "pepper heat," more of a slight spice that lingers just a little bit. Having had SB and MB today, they share similarities, but I can foresure say that these are different beers. I'd give the edge to MB.

Davedeath and TheGent like this.
  6. Mrstiffington

Mrstiffington Initiate (87) Jun 8, 2018 New Jersey
    Trader

I get what you’re saying and agree up to a point. I didn’t enjoy beers like Crime and Punishment but I enjoy some heat like Conclave’s Mexican Morning. Not overpowering but most definitely there.

kthoag likes this.
  7. fdonnelly

fdonnelly Initiate (153) Dec 14, 2016 New Jersey
    Trader

are they filling growlers b4 12pm when they do the MB pickups?

8. jonphisher

jonphisher Initiate (192) Aug 9, 2015 New Jersey
    Trader

Yes, I got mine filled right after pick up around 10 last week.

fdonnelly and Mrstiffington like this.
  9. bryantc3

fwiw, i picked up Sneakbox that was canned 1/16 (+/- 1 day, can't remember) and it was much much better than the October batch that I got when I picked up ANTEAD, seems like it's back (or close to) normal.

10. SPRichard

SPRichard Devotee (413) Apr 26, 2008 New Jersey
    Trader

11. mumbles44

mumbles44 Initiate (195) Jan 22, 2016 New Jersey
    Trader

lots going on in the stout. Sounds good. I wonder how the line is looking early? Assume MB pick up is seperate than sales?

12. gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy Initiate (123) Jun 1, 2014 New Jersey
    Trader

Gonna be an expensive weekend between my visits to Carton and Kane. Oh boy.

tzieser and Mrstiffington like this.
  13. Mrstiffington

Trader

Yah - I was considering the same but probably won’t happen, at least not both.

gardenstatepkwy likes this.
  14. gardenstatepkwy

Trader

I decided to duck out of work early and hit Carton at open yesterday and I need to grab my MB from Kane or else there’s no way I would have gone to either. I’m way far south.
    Wife is insisting on coming along to Kane and is bringing our 5 month old. Hope there’s a little corner we can hang out in.

15. RollTide7

RollTide7 Aspirant (272) Feb 16, 2013 New Jersey

guess i picked the wrong weekend to pick up MB (last weekend) but in all honesty I don't think I can bring home any more 750s, between MB, Holy Nights, and a belgium trip in Nov I'm stocked up.

The amount of stuff Kane has been putting out is crazy, I thought it would slow down in the new year!

16. Mrstiffington

Trader

I’m hoping all this increased production and releases will make release crazes die down (but probably not haha). Really though it’s already easier to get a lot of their brewery releases, which is nice.

RollTide7 likes this.
  17. tzieser

tzieser Meyvn (1,040) Nov 21, 2006 New Jersey
    Trader

Same here. Plus Tonewood on top of that on my way home. And I can’t drink any of it. Stupid beer break.

18. bryantc3

Yes, at least in all the other bottle pick up + releases in the last year. Bottle pick ups out back, releases will be in the normal spot inside.

19. RollTide7

RollTide7 Aspirant (272) Feb 16, 2013 New Jersey

yea I agree, the releases aren't as bad as in the past, which I assume also has to do with them scaling up.

Not sure if others will agree but I do hope though that they stop making/releasing so many one off IPAs tho. I'd rather them have a few other "core like" beers that they have somewhat frequently cough *imperial sneakbox/party wave* cough. It's always fun to try something new, but I would like having a few other beers featured as steady options more regularly and just have the one offs less frequently (which seems like its been almost all the time lately). plus sometimes the $20 a 4ski gets a little crazy when you have delicious head high at available and often overlooked at $14.

I like the fun of trying new stuff, but it stinks when its something you like a lot and it can be long periods of time between cannings of it again. Also I noticed Bissell Brothers posts an release schedule for their canned beers out a few months- would be cool to see Kane do something like that so you could pick what weekend you want to go if they want to continue doing a lot of one off cans.

#179 RollTide7, Jan 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
    732mikee and Mrstiffington like this.
  20. Mrstiffington

Trader

Love the way Bissell does that. Unfortunately my yearly trip to Maine always conincides with the first or second release of Swish which is the last few years now always a huge line but anyway that’s another topic and thread. Agree have Party Wave join the cores.

21. Mrstiffington

Trader

Only 5 more days...:slight_smile:

tzieser and gardenstatepkwy like this.
  22. TheGent

TheGent Poo-Bah (1,858) Jun 29, 2010 New Jersey
    Society Trader

That and I don’t know what your work schedule is like @tzieser but February 1 is a Friday so I can get home from work after a long week and ease right into the weekend with all the new beer that’s been piling up for the past month!

frozyn and Mrstiffington like this.
  23. J5ryall

J5ryall Initiate (67) Aug 5, 2015 New Jersey

Seems like plenty of everything left as of 3:30. Pretty crowded with the line moved fill it relatively quickly

beertrip likes this.
  24. tzieser

tzieser Meyvn (1,040) Nov 21, 2006 New Jersey
    Trader

Grabbing some Shell Game was a breeze today. In and out and under 5 minutes. Excellent job again by the folks at Kane

Appreciate the motivation dude! 5 days never felt so far away.

So true. It’s great how well it works out, Friday evening will be pretty ridiculous and have a whole weekend to chill out. Friday night should be pretty hectic, I plan on drinking all these beers and with my tolerance being a bit lower now (I presume) I’ll probably get my ass kicked by a couple IPAs, yet alone 13% stouts.

I’ve been trying to think of how I’m going to go about having my first beer all month. I think I’m gonna get home from work, slip into something a bit more comfortable. I’ll dim the lights, put on a little Kenny G, light some candles, cook up a nice bouillabaisse. Then, and only then, will I carefully open and pour my finest bottle from the cellar.

Ah, who am I kidding? I’m probably crack a Narragansett and order a pizza.

25. SammyJaxxxx

SammyJaxxxx Poo-Bah (2,315) Feb 23, 2012 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Simplicity is great if you like that hoppy Belgian thing. I bought 6 and wish I had picked up more.

26. mayhops

mayhops Initiate (32) Jun 22, 2018 New Jersey
    Trader

PSA: just left and they have everything left but looks like they’re low on the small bottles of simplicity

27. CraigMack61

CraigMack61 Aspirant (286) Oct 4, 2013 New Jersey
    Trader

Sold out of Shell Game. About a shelf of Simplicity left.

28. CWC177

CWC177 Initiate (28) Apr 6, 2018 New Jersey
    Trader

Cracked open Shell Game and Mexican Brunch last night and they're both outstanding!

29. Lucoli

Lucoli Defender (629) Apr 2, 2013 New York
    Trader

Was there a 2018 Mexican Brunch? Are these bottles 2019 or 2018?

30. gardenstatepkwy

Trader

Yes there was a MB release last year as well

31. bryantc3

Iirc wasn't the last release in September 2017? I don't think they released bottles of MB in 2018.

Lucoli likes this.
  32. gardenstatepkwy

Trader

You’re 100% right. It was 09/2017. Time flies.

tzieser, digdug1810, mayhops and 2 others like this.
  33. fdonnelly

Trader

34. njcraftfan

njcraftfan Initiate (94) Dec 18, 2016 New Jersey

Smores ANTEAD on tap tonight..

35. fdonnelly

Trader

Smores Evening Bell not ANTEAD

SammyJaxxxx and tzieser like this.
  36. Dreamer57

Dreamer57 Initiate (144) Apr 13, 2015 New Jersey
    Trader

I read smores and stopped at there, thinking it was ANTEAD too. Went down but glad i did because it was still awesome

fdonnelly and SammyJaxxxx like this.
  37. Hopznbuds

Hopznbuds Aspirant (227) Feb 26, 2017 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Smores ANTEAD at extreme beer fest this weekend though...any body else making the trip?

SammyJaxxxx and Sabtos like this.
  38. fdonnelly

Trader

and PB&J ANTEAD, both sound bonkers

SammyJaxxxx and Sabtos like this.
  39. bryantc3

can't say i am excited to Brighten the Corners back. I felt this was fairly "meh" the first time it came out. Good, but nothing stood out.

edit for whatever reason, posting the URL: https://www.instagram.com /p/BtYr-Egg153/ (w/o space obviously) is result in a broken instagram post here. Here's the info:

Mrstiffington likes this.
  40. Mrstiffington

Trader

Wouldn’t mind some cans of Coastal Plain for tomorrow.

tzieser likes this.