Kane Brewing (2019)

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by SammyJaxxxx, Jan 2, 2019.

1. tzieser

tzieser Meyvn (1,013) Nov 21, 2006 New Jersey
    Trader

If I didn’t overspend on so much beer last month I’d absolutely be right there with you. Coastal Plain sounds great, a nice change of pace from the hazy hoppy stuff we all see again and again, week in and week out . Hope we see it again sometime later this year!

Pork-Roll and Mrstiffington like this.
  2. fdonnelly

fdonnelly Initiate (124) Dec 14, 2016 New Jersey
    Trader

any one try Mexican on nitro yesterday?

3. SammyJaxxxx

SammyJaxxxx Poo-Bah (2,286) Feb 23, 2012 New Jersey
    Premium Trader

You need to delete this. You cannot sell beer here

fdonnelly likes this.
  4. John_M

John_M Moderator (6,273) Oct 25, 2003 Oregon
    Premium Trader

Welcome to BA @Musicman224.

As @SammyJaxxxx correctly pointed out, selling beer on BA is indeed prohibited. It's not entirely clear from your post if that's what you're trying to do (it sounds like you might be open to a trade, though that's unclear as well), but in any event, selling beer on BA is not allowed, and if you want to make a trade, this isn't a proper forum for that. At this point, it would be my recommendation that you read over our Terms of Service and Code of Conduct forums.

Anyway, this is the reason your post is being removed/deleted.

tzieser and SammyJaxxxx like this.
  5. Bradzo228

Bradzo228 Initiate (48) Jun 13, 2014 New Jersey

Tried Summer Moon yesterday. Very dissapointed. Was like an overripe orange drink with a lot of vodka. Overall, a boozy mess.

6. bryantc3

bryantc3 Initiate (156) Apr 12, 2017 New Jersey

I had it on draft, didn't get that at all.

It did have a fairly signature cashmere taste to it, but def wasn't boozy/vodka-y. Did you have it in a can or draft?

tzieser likes this.
  7. Mrstiffington

Mrstiffington Initiate (64) Jun 8, 2018 New Jersey
    Trader

Had my last can of Summer Moon last night. Quite enjoyed it. Didn’t seem boozy at all.

tzieser likes this.
  8. fdonnelly

Trader

had to be a can, I don't think it was on draft when I was there yesterday afternoon.

Mexican on Nitro was awesome. I had a taster of Shell Game and I was unsure how I felt about it. I had too many good stouts this weekend, so I need to revisit with an open mind/palate again

9. bryantc3

Could have been draft - there are/were kegs of it outside of Kane, I had it at Cork City.

fdonnelly likes this.
  10. J5ryall

J5ryall Initiate (64) Aug 5, 2015 New Jersey

Summer moon was a bit sweet. I did not get booze. Overall the beer was good (Kane doesn't really make bad beers), but if someone from out of state wanted to try a Kane beer, given all of the hype I could see it being a letdown. I drink a lot of Kane, and when I finished Summer Moon I sort of thought "I should have had an overhead instead."

When factor in drive time, added cost for sticker cans, and the superior quality of Kane flagships, I no longer go out of my way. Beers like summer moon are the reason why. I will buy things if available when I otherwise go to Kane to get kegs or refill supply of head high, overhead and sneakbox, but I can't justify the 90 minute round trip just to get a new release, all things considered.

thedirtystayout likes this.
  11. fdonnelly

Trader

Touche, got me. I'm just so close to Kane I just think everyone is drinking tap there.

Shit I can't remember the last time I had an Overhead

bryantc3 likes this.
  12. J5ryall

J5ryall Initiate (64) Aug 5, 2015 New Jersey

whenever it follows some other IPA, its superior quality and taste are evident. Highly recommend you revisit. It is the beer I provide to my out of state friends that are into craft beer, who want to try the best of what this state offers. Overhead never disappoints.

Also, for me, I dislike the NE IPA and similar trends in IPAs--too much lactose or other sweeteners--but I also do not prefer the very "dank" IPAs of yester-year. Overhead hits the perfect spot.

13. Mrstiffington

Trader

I did my own flight at home over the weekend with my cans of Head High, DDH Party Wave, Summer Moon and whatever that one with the number name was. Honestly Head High was my favorite out of the four.

TheGent and thedirtystayout like this.
  14. thedirtystayout

thedirtystayout Initiate (152) Jun 10, 2011 New Jersey

I’ve been sticking more to the regulars lately too. Unless there’s party wave available or another repeat that I’ve liked. With seemingly constant releases, high costs and no way to try one offs before buying, it’s not worth it imo to buy more than a 4pk or 2. I’d rather have the consistency of the regular 3.

15. SammyJaxxxx

SammyJaxxxx Poo-Bah (2,286) Feb 23, 2012 New Jersey
    Premium Trader

Im drinking a Summer Moon now. (I had it fresh as well) I don't find it boozy but there is definitely an artificial orange quality to the hops. Not my favorite but solid.

16. jonphisher

jonphisher Initiate (179) Aug 9, 2015 New Jersey
    Trader

I've personally always felt that way about main stay beers too, and I'm with you @thedirtystayout I feel like party wave is in that boat as well since it comes back so often. There is a reason those beers are brewed regularly.

Seem like were in a a phase where a lot of people (or at least the most vocal group) crave new all the time. I wonder if it will shift over time back to the regulars or will that group of people just get bored and move on and into a new fad.

17. bryantc3

I enjoy the 3 regulars (aside from the brief period were Sneakbox wasn't up to its' usual par).

however, new is nice. i'm not going to buy a case of a new sticker can I never had before, but if i'm in the area (which is rare) then sure i'll split a case of HH, OH, SB, Stick can(s). I just pay attention to what is in the sticker can - I know what I like and what i don't. For example i wouldn't have purchased brighten the corners (again) or secret mezzanine or digital sea based on their ingredients list.

18. fdonnelly

Trader

I've been on the Party Wave boat from the original tap only iteration, I had that and was blown away. I drink Sneak and HH a lot at the bar by my house. If a new beer drops I usually will be willing to get a 4-pack and try it out

19. Bradzo228

Bradzo228 Initiate (48) Jun 13, 2014 New Jersey

Had it on draft at Pilsner
    i had it on draft at the Pilsner Haus. Don’t get me wrong, I love Kane but this was just a mess of a beer IMO

20. Mrstiffington

Trader

Man I was hoping/predicting cans of Vengeful Heart Saturday but released tonight instead. Hope it doesn’t sell quickly as it’s my favorite Kane beer and probably can’t make it down until Saturday.

mayhops and tzieser like this.
  21. Dreamer57

Dreamer57 Initiate (133) Apr 13, 2015 New Jersey
    Trader

Id think you’re good but if by some chance its gone by then I can hook you up with a can or two. I very rarely need a full 4 of anything these days

22. Mrstiffington

Trader

Thanks man. Just thinking it moved faster once they started putting it in cans instead of the 750 mL bottles.

23. fdonnelly

Trader

it did sell faster last year than I thought, but id assume theres more cases this year plus volume of people is lower Thur/Fri

Mrstiffington likes this.
  24. bryantc3

Oh Oh, I opened the most recent ANTEAD this past weekend. Was my first ANTEAD experience and damn was it good.

Hopefully one day i'll get a chance to try variant versions of it.

Sabtos and Mrstiffington like this.
  25. SPRichard

SPRichard Devotee (406) Apr 26, 2008 New Jersey
    Trader

26. bryantc3

you know, when I went back through their instagram history to look up the 2018 release of VH, i saw it was the weekend before V-day and Morning Bell was the weekend after. I wasn't going to guesstimate about a release - since Kane is mostly random.

Wonder what the yield was - limit is 2 bottles higher than last year ($1 more too). Not sure if I am going to take the trip. One of my favorite beers - but I just don't have space for them :slight_frown:

mayhops likes this.
  27. Mrstiffington

Trader

I preferred it when they announced stuff like this at noon the day of. All I wanted to do is get a damn four pack or two of Vengeful Heart and now undoubtedly there’ll be a huge line at 12. Oh well.

Hopznbuds likes this.
  28. bryantc3

Morning bell is always announced earlier - the theory is so Rook can talk it up in the morning.

mayhops likes this.
  29. SPRichard

Trader

There's also an 8 bottle limit per person. I'm sure they have more than enough to go around.

tzieser likes this.
  30. Mrstiffington

Trader

Man, my wife doesn’t even correct me as much as I get corrected on this site!

tzieser and bryantc3 like this.
  31. tzieser

Trader

I’ve never had a bottle of Morning Bell before; I think I might make the trip up for this. Can’t decide if I should join the linelyfe or just wait a few hours until the it dies down. Hmmmm.

Rodney, is that you?

32. Mrstiffington

Trader

Haha to be honest, my wife is on the chill side, just commenting for effect. Thinking of linelyfing myself in a breach of my usual protocol but also may take a chance later. Really want a couple 4 packs but wouldn’t mind a bottle of Bell if it’s still there.

tzieser likes this.
  33. bryantc3

Last year I got it in the afternoon (can't quite recall but it was between 3-5pm), no line - decent supply left. Given the higher allotment this year (8 bottles vs. 6), I don't think you have to line up early for this one.

tzieser and Mrstiffington like this.
  34. tzieser

Trader

I hear ya man. Can’t wait until become officially married (I’m engaged) so I can crack some Dangerfield-esque wife jokes. She’s cool too so I know I’ll be good for it lol

I forgot about Vengeful Hearts still being available. Never had that one before but I’ll defintely grab one if still around. Apparently Coastal Plain and Brighten The Corners are also still available. This trip just got more expensive.

35. Mrstiffington

Trader

The fact that those two are still available gives me hope. Vengeful Heart is my favorite all time barley wine. May not be for everyone, but I’ve always loved how hoppy it is fresh.
    Congrats on getting married. When it works, it’s great. We’ve been together 20+ years and still have a great time.

jonphisher and tzieser like this.
  36. jonphisher

jonphisher Initiate (179) Aug 9, 2015 New Jersey
    Trader

I'm gonna assume today is a get there any time of day and you'll be OK. If anyone goes and thinks otherwise based on crowd any update would be great. I may have time to come up during son's nap time to grab some. Thanks to anyone in advance for an update, with 8 bottle limit though and the quantity they've released bottle wise lately I could see these sitting around till tomorrow.

tzieser and Mrstiffington like this.
  37. SPRichard

Trader

38. Dreamer57

Dreamer57 Initiate (133) Apr 13, 2015 New Jersey
    Trader

How’s the crowd?

39. tzieser

Trader

Is this one of those releases where you go to the back door or is it right in the taproom with the regular cans?

40. Mrstiffington

Trader

Was wondering the same