Kane Brewing (April 2017)

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by NiceBeerCans, Apr 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NiceBeerCans

NiceBeerCans Initiate (191) Mar 16, 2013 New York
    Beer Trader

Kane Brewing: http://www.kanebrewing.com/

Address: 1750 Bloomsbury Ave, Ocean Township, NJ 07712
    We are located behind the Ocean Plaza Shopping Center off Route 35.

Tap Room Hours: Thursday: 5 pm to 8 pm, Friday: 5 pm to 8 pm, Saturday: 12 pm to 7 pm, Sunday: 12 pm to 5 pm

Tours: Tours of the brewery are given at 1pm, 2pm, 3pm and 4pm on Saturdays and Sundays. Guided tours last approximately 15-20 minutes. Self-guided tours are continuously available during our Tour and Tasting hours. No charge

They DO NOT allow any tour buses, limousines, party groups, bachelor or bachelorette parties, etc. in the brewery for tours and tastings. We have limited space and do not have the staff to handle large unexpected groups even with a prior reservation.

Current Tap List: Facebook is updated before retail hours with current Tap List. Year round beers includes Head High, Overhead and Single Finn.

Growler Fills: Beer prices vary depending on style but range from $7-$20+. The cost of the growler is an additional $10 for one-liter, and $12 for two-liter. Yes, Kane fills growlers from other breweries as long as it has a government warning, labeled volume, and a Kane Brewing Co. sticker can be applied for regulatory compliance.

Can and Bottles Sales: Limited release 750ml bottles for sale at the brewery as well as cans. Check Facebook (must have Facebook account), Twitter, or Instagram for up to date list. Solitude, our 9.2% Belgian-style dark strong ale, will now be available at the brewery in 750ml bottles on an (almost) year-round basis.

They offer a few varieties of their beer to be purchased in sixtel (5.2 gallon kegs). In addition to the cost of the beer, there is a $30 cash deposit required for the keg that will be refunded upon its return.
    http://www.kanebrewing.com/retail-keg-request/

Nice pics on their instagram feed: https://www.instagram.com/kanebrewing/

Kane Gear: Kane branded growlers, glasses, hats and t-shirts are available in the tap room. They also have an online store at https://squareup.com/market/kanebrewing

Kids and Dogs: Minors are welcome as long as they are accompanied by a parent or guardian. No pets.

Nearby Food:

Asbury Park:

· Brick Wall

· Asbury Festhalle & Biergarten

· Mogo

· Porta

· Taka

· Cross and Orange

· Franks Deli

· Johhny Macs

· Talula's

Belmar:

· 10th Ave Burrito

· Hoagitos

· Jersey Shore BBQ

Bradley Beach:

· Blue Marlin

Long Branch:

· Avenue Le Club

@glennl, Vice President, Sales and Marketing, has been known to make occasional comments when speculation is not correct.

2. fdonnelly

fdonnelly Initiate (131) Dec 14, 2016 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

@SammyJaxxxx where did you get those bear coaster i need them haha

3. SammyJaxxxx

SammyJaxxxx Poo-Bah (1,741) Feb 23, 2012 New Jersey
    Subscriber Beer Trader

They are called Kirkland Bear Rug Coasters. I got them on Amazon by I don't see them there any longer.

fdonnelly and MosaicDrops like this.
  4. MosaicDrops

MosaicDrops Aspirant (246) Jun 4, 2014 New York
    Beer Trader

Wish I could remember the poster's handle who has/had the Natural Born Killers avatar. He makes really nice coasters from bottle/can labels. Kinda wanna reach out to him to see if he'd entertain selling some

5. M-Fox24

M-Fox24 Defender (654) Mar 17, 2013 New Jersey
    Subscriber Beer Trader

@SRBush1974

MosaicDrops likes this.
  6. Brent272smith

Brent272smith Initiate (123) Nov 4, 2015 Georgia
    Beer Trader

You can also check out @craftbeercoasters on instagram. She sells handmade coasters online

ekardz, MosaicDrops and NJchris like this.
  7. J5ryall

J5ryall Initiate (115) Aug 5, 2015 New Jersey

I get coasters from other places and then apply the head high and overhead stickers to them. Perfect size

8. ColomboLQ

ColomboLQ Initiate (144) Dec 21, 2015 Texas
    Beer Trader

Hey guys, not sure if this is the right place to post this or not, but I will be at Kane this Saturday and was wondering if you guys can give recommendations on any places to eat or bottle shops to go to or any other beer I should be on the lookout for while I'm there. Also, is Kane serving in their tap room this weekend by chance? Cheers!

9. SammyJaxxxx

Subscriber Beer Trader

There is a list of places to eat in the first post of this thread. Bin the past Kane hasn't served anything during ANTEAD pick up. Even if they are, hit up Dark City brewing in Asbury and, if time permits Beach Haus.
    Enjoy.

10. NJchris

NJchris Initiate (152) Apr 7, 2016 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

Stop by Carton it's not too far they have some great stuff in cans. And don't leave without a waxed growler of Shipwreck Porter

fdonnelly likes this.
  11. NJchris

Beer Trader

Ohh and if you're a coffee drinker. Stop at Rook coffee it's very close by and doughnuts at broad St dough co. Cheers!

12. nickfern

nickfern Initiate (59) Oct 17, 2015 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

Was there a cutoff date/time winners had to complete checkout by?

13. MosaicDrops

Beer Trader

Today at noon

14. fdonnelly

fdonnelly Initiate (131) Dec 14, 2016 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

Ugh Rook is so good

Harrisdoodle and NJchris like this.
  15. njbeer_traveler

njbeer_traveler Initiate (125) Feb 3, 2017 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

I second this. Love Dough co. Plus stop by Wegmans liquor store they actually have some good local craft beer selections.

NJchris and Harrisdoodle like this.
  16. NJchris

Beer Trader

I was going to suggest Wegmans but I figured with the cans and bottles Kane and carton has to go right now why even bother. So many styles covered and all so good.

17. ColomboLQ

ColomboLQ Initiate (144) Dec 21, 2015 Texas
    Beer Trader

Thanks to everyone answering so far. Does this mean that Kane will be selling other stuff this weekend? What else will they have for sale possibly?

18. Tim725

Tim725 Disciple (343) Mar 8, 2014 New Jersey

Check their facebook page. They try to have cans of head high, overhead, and sneakbox all the time along with bottles of solitude. I think they still have bottles of vengeful heart too. Would recommend all of them

19. NJchris

Beer Trader

I'd say at least some form of sneakbox headhigh or overhead cans. Solitude bottles (Belgian dark) and vengeful heart bottles (hoppy barleywine)

20. Lobsters

Lobsters Initiate (133) Dec 14, 2015 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

Was today the last day to pay for your bottles of ANTEAD?

21. SammyJaxxxx

Subscriber Beer Trader

Yes

DrStiffington and Lobsters like this.
  22. Lobsters

Lobsters Initiate (133) Dec 14, 2015 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

When's the next lottery? I want to lose again.

njbeer_traveler likes this.
  23. Tim725

My guess is the rest go in a silent release this time around. Not sure if it will be 1 or 2 bottles per person but it will be an attempt to scatter it as far and wide as possible (within NJ that is).

24. jojo2112

jojo2112 Initiate (115) Sep 24, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

That would be my guess as well.

25. irycu

irycu Initiate (126) Oct 7, 2015 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

I hope it's not silently released, just cause that guarantees another shutout for me. Guess I'll just have to start having Saturday brunch in their parking lot from now til June

26. Tim725

That is likely going to happen for the next few weeks (months?). Happened in the past and usually they will wait until the pre-opening line dies down to do it. They don't want the entire area to be congested pre-opening which would happen if they announce it in advance. Who knows though it could happen!

27. beertoro

beertoro Aspirant (246) Nov 16, 2015 New Jersey

People showed up weeks before Sunday Brunch or Morning Bell (can't remember which) and stood in line on Saturdays. I have a feeling that's going to be happening over the next few weeks as well - including people who already "won the lottery".

28. LFC_YNWA

LFC_YNWA Aspirant (276) May 31, 2014 New Jersey
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Ha the first time I saw you post these recommendations were to the out of town ANTEAD winners and laughed it off (and found it funny) as I was sure you were trolling. Now I'm still pretty sure you're trolling but not entirely positive haha.

Rook is real good coffee. The best coffee shop in NJ is just 5 minutes up the road in Belmar though. Can't go wrong with either but if you like espresso based stuff (in addition to pour overs) go to Turnstile in Belmar and talk to Mike. He gets some incredible beans from all over the world and like we are all for beer he is for coffee. Highly recommend checking them out if you're in the area and a coffee guy. They close at 3pm though

fdonnelly and NJchris like this.
  29. mumbles44

mumbles44 Initiate (140) Jan 22, 2016 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

well said with the turnstyle recommendation!

LFC_YNWA likes this.
  30. digdug1810

digdug1810 Aspirant (239) Mar 1, 2011 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

last year when they had leftover bottles and DB they announced it that Saturday.. they I assume would still announce it like they normally do at 11:00 am - 12:00 pm some Saturday probably before shore season begins

31. SammyJaxxxx

Subscriber Beer Trader

It would be nice if they put those bottles out on Saturday so that those of us picking up our allotments can get some extra bottles.

32. digdug1810

digdug1810 Aspirant (239) Mar 1, 2011 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

you troll harder then wakefield.. good work!

33. mumbles44

mumbles44 Initiate (140) Jan 22, 2016 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

would be smartest move.

save on all of the lines for the few following weekends

SammyJaxxxx likes this.
  34. SammyJaxxxx

Subscriber Beer Trader

It would be a nice way for Kane to say "Great job guys, way to win the ANTEAD lottery. Here's a little something extra for your guys!!!!" That and maybe some small batch variants on pick up days

35. MosaicDrops

Beer Trader

"We'd hate for you and your family to have come all the way from Kyrgyzstan for only 5 bottles each. Here are some extras along with a silent release of BA Morning Bell. Safe Travels!"

36. SammyJaxxxx

Subscriber Beer Trader

I have to get my Uncle-in-Law out of the nursing home, hook him up to some oxygen and ambulet him over to Kane where I have to wheel him along the line just to get one of my allotments. I deserve a little extra something something.

37. Tim725

I'm just curious what the rules are around this if your uncle-in-law dies on route. Technically he will not have a death certificate issued in the time it takes to get there so his ID is still all valid. Will they still issue the bottles since he will be there and having the proper identification? I do not see anywhere in the write up anything in regards to this scenario so I think it warrants some feedback from Kane...

jaimej424 likes this.
  38. SammyJaxxxx

Subscriber Beer Trader

I was going to post a weekend at Bernies clip but it will it just be removed.

39. nesarebad

nesarebad Devotee (462) Feb 4, 2012 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

In this case I believe it would be appropriate to use a voodoo ritual on your uncle to be sure he will be able to pick up your sweet sweet BA stouts.

Tim725 and SammyJaxxxx like this.
  40. EJXL

EJXL Initiate (163) Mar 2, 2012 Virginia
    Beer Trader

Does anyone know if ANTEAD will be on draft this weekend for the bottle release ???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • Subscribe to BeerAdvocate Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.

Subscribe