Kane Brewing (December 2015)

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by HeyLady, Dec 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jawas

jawas Initiate (0) Dec 4, 2013 New Jersey

Last release was May of 2014, they have had almost a 1 year and half to prepare for this, I doubt many things are last minute, unless there is some kind of product issue/bottling issue that they didn't plan on.

For all we know they gave us the date, but maybe waiting for allotment size, and variants flavors till the last minute will mean less people will organize mules. Again, just a guess, no idea why we don't have more information by now.

2. Petrinoda

Petrinoda Initiate (0) Feb 17, 2015 Pennsylvania

Yeah.... nooooo

I would expect them just prepping and making sure variants / allocations are good, and figuring out which to make public etc

3. kjrod20

kjrod20 Initiate (0) Jul 16, 2005 New York

It's also possible they haven't finished bottling it all, so they actually don't have an idea yet. On the initial announcement, it showed the '14 version in the photo.

Petrinoda likes this.
  4. jawas

That was a huge red flag for myself as well. As last year before the release we had photos of the 2014 product. No photos of the 2015, which could mean anything, most likely just not done with bottling/waxing.

5. TambaTime

TambaTime Initiate (0) Jan 6, 2015 Pennsylvania

Have to think we'll get some information today or tomorrow at the latest. Can't see Kane opening on Friday and subjecting its employees to what would surely be endless questions about the release.

6. Syracuse12

Syracuse12 Initiate (0) Aug 21, 2012 New Jersey
    Trader

I have it on no information that it will be tomorrow.

HeyLady, blassor and Petrinoda like this.
  7. troupos40

troupos40 Initiate (0) Aug 12, 2014 New Jersey
    Trader

I don't know if its an organization problem or what, but Kane has had a few head scratchers this year, from the Sunday Brunch silent release, Head High can debacle and now 18+ months for ANTEAD?? My guess is they had to rush to release it in 2015 because they bought all the bottles/labels and didn't want to waste them. The whole thing seems disorganized. Why announce the date and then not have more info almost a week later? They had so much time to figure this out, I doubt the bottle count is THAT much in question at this point.

I mean mules are going to mule, so I doubt the lack of info has any impact on mules.

I'm not trying to be critical, but the whole situation is confusing.

HopBomb515 and DrewZ926 like this.
  8. scrub0bk

scrub0bk Initiate (0) Feb 21, 2014 Pennsylvania

Correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't the sunday brunch release the same as morning bell, nom de plume, etc? They never announced any of the other bottle releases like that prior to posting the taplist the day of like they do with ANTEAD.

cp45 and HeyLady like this.
  9. blassor

blassor Pundit (956) Sep 2, 2010 New Jersey
    Trader

yeah. people just were upset because it sold out quickly.

10. drebrew

drebrew Zealot (713) May 8, 2013 New York

Exactly this.

I fail to see how a silent release is a head scratcher. It rewards the people who were going to the brewery anyway and if you are able to get there within a reasonable amount of time you can get it without having to line up. You can also enjoy your experience in the tap room because you don't have a massive crowd that is there solely for the release. In the past month, Fall Saints and Malus were announced day of and I haven't heard a single complaint. So it sounds to me that silent releases aren't so bad after all. I wonder why this is any different...

To the point of why announce the date, they are doing that because everyone cried after the Sunday Brunch release. You people wanted notice, you have your notice. They don't have to provide notice on any other detail outside of that. How about we all patiently wait for Kane to give the rest of the details when they are ready. But we can't complain that they didn't give us notice for this release, they did.

11. dennis3951

dennis3951 Initiate (0) Mar 6, 2008 New Jersey

Also the cops could very well pull you out of the line if they catch you drinking.

jrnyc likes this.
  12. Jerseybeerlover609

Jerseybeerlover609 Initiate (0) Sep 9, 2015 New Jersey

Private lot they wouldn't be able to do that unless
    1. You're disorderly
    2. The owner of the property request it

13. jawas

They share a building and parking lot with other businesses. No idea if they all rent or are condo'd out.

14. Jerseybeerlover609

That's true I think we're going in to deep lol. If everyone follows two simple rules we'll all be fine.
    1. Don't be an asshole
    2. Be respectful

baybum, Syracuse12 and Petrinoda like this.
  15. Syracuse12

Trader

Not true, they can't arrest you but if you are drunk they can take you into "protective custody" which means home or a treatment center.

16. Jerseybeerlover609

You'd need to be acting disorderly. I can't see the police bothering anyone unless someone is acting like an obnoxious dickhead and thinks he's on the jersey shore..

17. jawas

1. You don't know bored shore area police in Dec.
    2. We don't know how much Kane's neighbors love or hate them, or love or hate their release events. Granted its a sunday, which might have something to do with the volume they expect, and being nice to their neighbors and not taking up the whole parking area on a Saturday.
    3. We were asked by our host not too.

jrnyc and blassor like this.
  18. Syracuse12

Trader

What @jawas said and no you don't need to be acting disorderly, just drunk.

19. Fahmie25

Fahmie25 Initiate (0) Jan 2, 2008 New York

aren't they the same thing? if i'm "drunk" and sitting still i highly doubt someone will come and arrest me.

either way i think you guys are blowing this out of proportion. at the anniversary party the people behind me were drinking and multiple kane employees walked by, a couple smirked, one stopped and talked to them, but it was never an issue by any means. this happens at literally every release and i've never heard of people getting kicked out. if the police didnt arrest people on the streets overnight in nyc at top hops, i highly doubt people are getting kicked out of line in a small corner of an industrial park off a highway in NJ.

Tbub18, smo and Jerseybeerlover609 like this.
  20. Jerseybeerlover609

What he said

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.