Kane Brewing (June 2017)

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by NiceBeerCans, Jun 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NiceBeerCans

NiceBeerCans Initiate (0) Mar 16, 2013 New York

Kane Brewing: http://www.kanebrewing.com/

Address: 1750 Bloomsbury Ave, Ocean Township, NJ 07712
    We are located behind the Ocean Plaza Shopping Center off Route 35.

Tap Room Hours: Thursday: 5 pm to 8 pm, Friday: 5 pm to 8 pm, Saturday: 12 pm to 7 pm, Sunday: 12 pm to 5 pm

Tours: Tours of the brewery are given at 1pm, 2pm, 3pm and 4pm on Saturdays and Sundays. Guided tours last approximately 15-20 minutes. Self-guided tours are continuously available during our Tour and Tasting hours. No charge

They DO NOT allow any tour buses, limousines, party groups, bachelor or bachelorette parties, etc. in the brewery for tours and tastings. We have limited space and do not have the staff to handle large unexpected groups even with a prior reservation.

Current Tap List: Facebook is updated before retail hours with current Tap List. Year round beers includes Head High, Overhead and Single Finn.

Growler Fills: Beer prices vary depending on style but range from $7-$20+. The cost of the growler is an additional $10 for one-liter, and $12 for two-liter. Yes, Kane fills growlers from other breweries as long as it has a government warning, labeled volume, and a Kane Brewing Co. sticker can be applied for regulatory compliance.

Can and Bottles Sales: Limited release 750ml bottles for sale at the brewery as well as cans. Check Facebook (must have Facebook account), Twitter, or Instagram for up to date list. Solitude, our 9.2% Belgian-style dark strong ale, will now be available at the brewery in 750ml bottles on an (almost) year-round basis.

They offer a few varieties of their beer to be purchased in sixtel (5.2 gallon kegs). In addition to the cost of the beer, there is a $30 cash deposit required for the keg that will be refunded upon its return.
    http://www.kanebrewing.com/retail-keg-request/

Nice pics on their instagram feed: https://www.instagram.com/kanebrewing/

Kane Gear: Kane branded growlers, glasses, hats and t-shirts are available in the tap room. They also have an online store at https://squareup.com/market/kanebrewing

Kids and Dogs: Minors are welcome as long as they are accompanied by a parent or guardian. No pets.

Nearby Food:

Asbury Park:

· Brick Wall

· Asbury Festhalle & Biergarten

· Mogo

· Porta

· Taka

· Cross and Orange

· Franks Deli

· Johhny Macs

· Talula's

Belmar:

· 10th Ave Burrito

· Hoagitos

· Jersey Shore BBQ

Bradley Beach:

· Blue Marlin

Long Branch:

· Avenue Le Club

@glennl, Vice President, Sales and Marketing, has been known to make occasional comments when speculation is not correct.

2. njcraftfan

njcraftfan Zealot (684) Dec 18, 2016 New Jersey

Sneak Box Can release tonight...FWIW

fdonnelly and SammyJaxxxx like this.
  3. LFC_YNWA

LFC_YNWA Zealot (558) May 31, 2014 New Jersey

Want to do a side by side with Sneakbox and First Peak. First Peak was nothing like Sneakbox for me, despite the description saying it was pretty similar

SammyJaxxxx likes this.
  4. njcraftfan

njcraftfan Zealot (684) Dec 18, 2016 New Jersey

agree, first peak definitely lighter and drier, higher toned. sneak box had bigger mouthfeel, a bit juicier and more hazy. not that I didn't like First Peak, but was definitely a bit different

fdonnelly and SammyJaxxxx like this.
  5. beertoro

beertoro Initiate (0) Nov 16, 2015 New Jersey

I like Sneakbox way more than First Peak. Not saying First Peak is bad, just different. I almost wish Kane hadn't said that it was a spiritual successor of Sneakbox, I would have rather thought of it as a different beer instead.

6. njbeer_traveler

njbeer_traveler Initiate (0) Feb 3, 2017 New Jersey

I 100% agree. I also like Sneakbox a lot more than First Peak. By saying it was related to Sneakbox it immediately increased my expectations and left me a little disappointed. Still a good beer though.

7. Fishingforbeers

Fishingforbeers Devotee (304) Oct 19, 2016 New Jersey

8. Fishingforbeers

Fishingforbeers Devotee (304) Oct 19, 2016 New Jersey

Nice growler/sample list today

9. SammyJaxxxx

SammyJaxxxx Initiate (0) Feb 23, 2012 New Jersey

10. kthoag

kthoag Initiate (0) May 21, 2012 New York

Anybody try the new IPA? or wanna comment on the state of the taproom / PW cans?

11. Tim725

Tim725 Pundit (875) Mar 8, 2014 New Jersey
    Trader

New ipa was tasty. Sucked down a taster real quick as i had to run in and out quickly. Was there arounf 1230 and there was no line and tasting room was pretty empty

12. kthoag

My favorite words. Cheers

Tim725 likes this.
  13. fdonnelly

fdonnelly Maven (1,269) Dec 14, 2016 New Jersey
    Trader

Heading down in a bit I'll give an update

14. Esic1192

Esic1192 Initiate (0) May 29, 2017 New Jersey

Surprisingly quiet release today. The new ipa was very similar to Party Wave, maybe a tad bit more dank.

Tim725 and fdonnelly like this.
  15. fdonnelly

Trader

Drinking Indicators now. A bit more bite that something like Party Wave but real good. Not too crowded, Party Wave cans are in the front cooler now.

16. kthoag

I can't believe people didn't love First Peak. I get that you can see your fingers through it a little but what a tasty crusher. Struggling not to enjoy it faster.

jonphisher and jaymeisprime like this.
  17. njbeer_traveler

njbeer_traveler Initiate (0) Feb 3, 2017 New Jersey

Indicators was tasty has a bit of a bite. It's no Weimea Punch though. Had a 12 oz pour, that was enough for me. I bought Sneakbox and Party Wave cans instead of getting a growler fill.

18. jaymeisprime

jaymeisprime Initiate (0) Nov 30, 2014 New Jersey

i love it, nice change of pace from sneakbox imo. extremely "crushable" (aka i might have killed a 4 pack last night)

fdonnelly likes this.
  19. fdonnelly

Trader

Last sat I bought a few 4 packs, went to asbury with my friend and then to a BBQ. Checked my cooler in the morning and was like shit I drank a whole 4 pack of first peak whoops lol

SammyJaxxxx and jaymeisprime like this.
  20. LFC_YNWA

LFC_YNWA Zealot (558) May 31, 2014 New Jersey

Indicators was awesome. Easily near the top of the Kane IPAs for me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.