Kane Brewing (November/December 2018)

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by NiceBeerCans, Nov 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spete888

Spete888 Initiate (50) Apr 18, 2016 New Jersey
    Trader

just drove up and left, line is unreal and there is absolutely no parking. people parking a couple blocks away and walking

2. DrederickTatum

DrederickTatum Initiate (182) Dec 13, 2016 New Jersey
    Trader

Tbh I was very underwhelmed by Donut Shack. I got some apple but not much else (including hops.)

tzieser and beertrip like this.
  3. Tim725

Tim725 Disciple (345) Mar 8, 2014 New Jersey
    Trader

Thanks for the heads up. Hoping morning bean lasts, have given up hope on evening bell, oh well.

4. Spete888

Spete888 Initiate (50) Apr 18, 2016 New Jersey
    Trader

yea the line wraps around the courtyard and out around the back building. minimum 500 people in line.

5. jonphisher

jonphisher Initiate (192) Aug 9, 2015 New Jersey
    Trader

The worst part about being there would be how long that line is gonna take to clear. Good luck to those there or going.

6. fdonnelly

fdonnelly Initiate (153) Dec 14, 2016 New Jersey
    Trader

Yeah f that, furtherest I parked ever was all the way down the block but not blocks away. That was during 1825/Fifth I think and maybe MB in the rain 2 years ago. Since this post went up Wed, I figured I wouldn't get DB Evening, maybe I can get one elsewhere, but I hope Morning Bean lasts and theres no line when i get out of work. If not i had it on tap.

I liked it, it didnt have the normal bite of an IPA, but I assume thats b/c the addition of the cider to the beer itself. I liked it, but i liked Cider (non alcoholic) a lot, so it makes sense. But I'd prob only drink 1 in a sitting, maybe a second a while later. I think it was better as it got a little warmer as well

7. thedirtystayout

thedirtystayout Initiate (159) Jun 10, 2011 New Jersey

I’m hoping that all of these releases end up saturating the market to the point you can walk in anytime after release day without much hassle. Seems like it’s getting there with the past few. I looked at my notes on Vanilla MB and seemed to like it but preferred reg MB. I should do some blind tastings vs shelf comparables for science.

Greyvtrayn, fdonnelly and jonphisher like this.
  8. fdonnelly

Trader

#FORSCIENCE

thedirtystayout likes this.
  9. mumbles44

mumbles44 Initiate (195) Jan 22, 2016 New Jersey
    Trader

Line is slow... very very slow

fdonnelly and mayhops like this.
  10. mayhops

mayhops Initiate (32) Jun 22, 2018 New Jersey
    Trader

They’ve also got Sunday brunch and malus for pours and donut shack for pours and growlers.

11. Tim725

Trader

Those Barrel bottles are sold out. Still a lot of mourning being left. No line

fdonnelly likes this.
  12. fdonnelly

Trader

Sweet unless it sells out by the time they let me leave work I will go grab some!

Sunday Brunch was on tap at my local bar last night, a Thanksgiving Miracle

Mrstiffington and Tim725 like this.
  13. jonphisher

Trader

Tomorrow when we open we will be releasing... :slight_smile:

I can’t believe how many beers were released over the last month. Hopefully some more coming without crazy lines to deal with.

SammyJaxxxx and mumbles44 like this.
  14. fdonnelly

Trader

Glenn has said they have a lot of beer to release by EOY. I'm waiting on the Horus collab and hope I am around the weekend it releases

nickfern, mayhops and jonphisher like this.
  15. jonphisher

Trader

I remember that and never did I think it would mean this much. It is crazy, I wonder if MB is coming soon. But also I know you’re with me on this one where has party wave been?

16. thedirtystayout

Well, Greyvtrayn and I missed out on all but bean (missed evening bell by 40 minutes), but we didn’t have to wait in line and got to hang out so ok by me.

mayhops and jonphisher like this.
  17. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Aspirant (222) Feb 17, 2017 New Jersey
    Trader

Only mildly disappointed to miss on the BA beers but there was no way I was going to stand in a line outside today! Cheers, thedirtystayout!

18. Tim725

Trader

Totally with you. BA evening bell is good, but not standing in 30 degree weather for 3 hours good. Would have gone up for morning bean if that was the only release anyways and was happy to get a 4 pack of evening bell too. Was really surprised to see people buying cans of evening bell by the case...

19. JG__

JG__ Initiate (52) Mar 26, 2017 New Jersey
    Trader

It was pretty nice in the sun, think I may even have gotten a bit of sunburn.

20. Mrstiffington

Mrstiffington Initiate (87) Jun 8, 2018 New Jersey
    Trader

That was frostbite.

21. fdonnelly

Trader

Yessss, give me all the Party Wave! I'm okay with it being a while since its bar far the sticker can they have released the most.

Got there around 520/530, got a Blue Hotel and Sunday, no line, grabbed some Bean

22. mikeydoesit

mikeydoesit Initiate (45) Sep 25, 2016 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Maybe they were trying to justify to themselves having had waited so long only to miss out on BA options. Just a guess. Still surprising though lol.

23. glennl

glennl Initiate (133) Aug 22, 2009 New Jersey

Well played...

24. mumbles44

mumbles44 Initiate (195) Jan 22, 2016 New Jersey
    Trader

cracked a Morning Bean last night. Very good beer, but personally I think I like Morning Bell better. The vanilla was the front flavor with the dark roast coffee in the background, I am just a slave to that dark coffee taste..overall an awesome beer though.

mayhops and thedirtystayout like this.
  25. JG__

Trader

Nope. You should learn the differences. May help you out down the road.

26. Sabtos

Sabtos Poo-Bah (6,542) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Society Trader

Forget pastry stouts, now we're working on a new trend: pastey stouts.

SammyJaxxxx and thedirtystayout like this.
  27. Mrstiffington

Trader

And you should learn what a joke is. May help you out down the road.

rozzom, tzieser, Nadtla and 10 others like this.
  28. thedirtystayout

So much for community and giving thanks. I’m thankful for beer and jokez.

tzieser, fdonnelly, TheGent and 4 others like this.
  29. JG__

Trader

You’re right on that one. Cheers. If you’re up in the Union County area let me know I got the first pint.

tzieser, fdonnelly, TheGent and 7 others like this.
  30. CraigMack61

CraigMack61 Aspirant (286) Oct 4, 2013 New Jersey
    Trader

Were there still morning bean bottles available at closing yesterday?

31. CraigMack61

CraigMack61 Aspirant (286) Oct 4, 2013 New Jersey
    Trader

Never mind, bean sold out.

mayhops likes this.
  32. bryantc3

bryantc3 Initiate (171) Apr 12, 2017 New Jersey

Any updates about the 10/22 batch of Sneakbox? Have they canned a new batch yet - if so, is it back to normal? I messaged Kane a week ago, no response.

33. glennl

We canned Sneakbox yesterday, it'll be in the retail fridge tonight when we open.

34. bryantc3

bryantc3 Initiate (171) Apr 12, 2017 New Jersey

Are you able to comment about the 10/22 batch at all?

35. glennl

I can tell you the recipe hasn't changed. I did read back through and see some comments here, bready, grassy, etc. Other than those comments we're not aware of anything odd about that batch. Sorry no one replied to your email, we're usually pretty good about that if it's a quality issue.

fdonnelly, tzieser and bryantc3 like this.
  36. tzieser

tzieser Meyvn (1,041) Nov 21, 2006 New Jersey
    Trader

Am I the only one who kinda hopes there is no release tomorrow? My wallet is crying in agony especially with the Holidays just around the corner

...must....resist...temptation

forum8417 and mumbles44 like this.
  37. Mrstiffington

Trader

Your post makes me wonder how many people have shelled out for many if not all of Kane’s recent releases, including the online sales. Me- I’ve missed every one in the last couple months, which sucks but I guess I’ve saved money. Anyone here buy the brunches, bells, bean, whatever the Russian cake was called, plus the cans? How much did it run you guys?

tzieser likes this.
  38. tzieser

tzieser Meyvn (1,041) Nov 21, 2006 New Jersey
    Trader

Yeah, I’m wondering the same. I “only” went to the Dirtwood and Medovik (Russian cake) releases and it set me back “only” about $80-90 for “only” 2 bottles each time and 2 or 3 four packs of DDH Sneak/Yellow Buttercup/Blue Hotel.

Another issue is that I stopped by Trillium when I was in MA for Thanksgiving in between those releases and dropped around $120 for a case plus a couple 4 packs. Yeah, that’s right I said it! I went to the T-word place. Go ahead, and throw your tomatoes

rozzom, SammyJaxxxx and Mrstiffington like this.
  39. RollTide7

RollTide7 Aspirant (272) Feb 16, 2013 New Jersey

haha for some reason all i can picture is the scene in half baked when Dave CHappelee talks about being addicted to weed and the old guy yells boo this man! then everyone boos and throws stuff at Dave Chappelle.

Personally never had Trillium and don't really see a reason to after all that hoopla plus all the griping I;ve been reading about their quality varying a bit. TH is a 2-2.5 hours from my inlaws so if I'm spending some time in a car I'm going there. Plus we have all this delicious Kane here...

tzieser likes this.
  40. SammyJaxxxx

SammyJaxxxx Poo-Bah (2,316) Feb 23, 2012 New Jersey
    Society Trader

You do know that you are not required to buy everything they release, don't you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.