Kane Brewing (November/December 2018)

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by NiceBeerCans, Nov 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bryantc3

bryantc3 Initiate (171) Apr 12, 2017 New Jersey

But what about his untappd check-ins?!?! Fomo is real Sammy.

Mrstiffington and tzieser like this.
  2. tzieser

tzieser Meyvn (1,041) Nov 21, 2006 New Jersey
    Trader

Hah! yeah, I’m pretty aware of that. FWIW, those two I mentioned are the only special releases I’ve been to in my ~3 years of going to Kane and the only reason I went is because I happened to be in Monmouth County. In all honesty I probably wouldn’t go regardless, they’re bit too damn far to go out of the way for, so not to worry worry all the more for you guys to hoard.:grin:

Hahahahaha, this guy! He talks like he knows me. Good stuff. Cheers.

3. CraigMack61

CraigMack61 Aspirant (286) Oct 4, 2013 New Jersey
    Trader

No release today?

4. mayhops

mayhops Initiate (32) Jun 22, 2018 New Jersey
    Trader

Seems like it

CraigMack61 likes this.
  5. Mrstiffington

Mrstiffington Initiate (87) Jun 8, 2018 New Jersey
    Trader

Weird how they release 4 different bottles and Morning Bell cans and Donut cans on Thanksgiving weekend and then nothing today.

tzieser and CraigMack61 like this.
  6. mumbles44

mumbles44 Initiate (195) Jan 22, 2016 New Jersey
    Trader

Great taplist today. Brewery was chill and not very busy.. can’t beat days like today

7. glennl

glennl Initiate (133) Aug 22, 2009 New Jersey

False.

8. RollTide7

RollTide7 Aspirant (272) Feb 16, 2013 New Jersey

I debated driving down yesterday, saw they had some sunday brunch on the to go list friday but it came off for yesterday plus the medovik too (tho thats still listed). Saving my trip for one of the next 2 weekends when hopefully they have some sort of release (maybe morning bell or something). Crossing my fingers as @glennl said they have a lot to get out by the end of the year.

tzieser and Mrstiffington like this.
  9. jonphisher

jonphisher Initiate (192) Aug 9, 2015 New Jersey
    Trader

I’ve been hoping well seeing holy nights this year, I guess time will tell.

10. Tim725

Tim725 Disciple (345) Mar 8, 2014 New Jersey
    Trader

Last time was 3 or 4 years ago right ?

11. Dreamer57

Dreamer57 Initiate (144) Apr 13, 2015 New Jersey
    Trader

Yes please! Kane works magic with coconut!

12. Ieatlambfries

Ieatlambfries Zealot (571) Dec 5, 2003 New Jersey

Winter/spring 2016 was the last time I remember seeing it. So yup, 3ish years.

jonphisher likes this.
  13. Bcrowe224

Bcrowe224 Initiate (48) Jul 2, 2013 New York

picked up some head high cans yesterday.. great stuff. I can only explain it as so elegantly simple. How would one describe the style here? Tasted more like a west coast to me?

Will always look out for this one.

jonphisher likes this.
  14. jonphisher

Trader

The perfect beer, clean, piney, bitter, little sweet and so much more. It is its own beer and its original and unique. Every other IPA tastes the same these days, head high is still a shining light in a sea of haze/juice beer. Sorry I can't help myself there is no more complete hoppy beer for my taste buds. Party Wave does come very close for me too : ) Cheers.

15. Brian_Lynch

Brian_Lynch Initiate (113) Nov 18, 2014 New York

East Coast IPA - it smells good

tzieser and SammyJaxxxx like this.
  16. J5ryall

J5ryall Initiate (68) Aug 5, 2015 New Jersey

Wait until you try Overhead. Head high is the featured in my beer fridge because of availability, ABV (Sneak slightly too low for my robust liver, but Overhead too high for session drinking), and flavor.

Head High and Overhead (and Sneakbox) really show Kane's skills as a brewer. I've done side by side comparisons with other similar beers from other top NJ brewers (i.e., IPA v IPA, IIPA v IIPA) and they just do not compare IMO. Carton Boat vs Sneakbox is close for me (something about that kolsch yeast hits me the right way), but otherwise, for my money, Kane is head and shoulders above the rest. I was most surprised when I did side by side blind Overhead vs 077xx vs Flying Fish Exit 16. I expected Kane and Carton the be on a par. That was not the case. I may try again, but sub in coastal evacuation instead of Exit 16.

In any event, curious to hear from others--what regular releases from NJ breweries do you think are the best, when compared to other NJ beers of the same style? I'm talking beers you can actually acquire somewhat regularly, either in stores or at brewery.

Tucquan likes this.
  17. Mrstiffington

Trader

And see I prefer Odub and its variants to Overheard. I also prefer most Conclave IPAs to Head High. Sneak Box usually beats the comps though. Almost think we should have a NJ brewery thread comparing tasting rooms, beers in general, ease of getting releases, etc.

renegade700, tzieser and beertrip like this.
  18. J5ryall

If you build it, they will come. Conclave is now on my agenda for Sunday. Will report findings via new thread if I can figure out how to do that

Mrstiffington likes this.
  19. J5ryall

Or not. Conclave not open Sundays. That might be why I never had them outside a bar.

20. RollTide7

yea not only that but their hours are super limited... 6-8 thurs and fri, and 1-5 saturday. i went once like a year ago but its relative far from us and those limited hours make it a no go. beers were good tho.

21. Mrstiffington

Trader

I know- no Sunday hours is kind of bogus.

22. bryantc3

Given availability: a better comparison is conclave IPAs vs Kane sticker cans, since conclave rarely has the same IPA available to go in some form back to back months.

Conclave makes some solid beers though for sure - always enjoyed them.

23. Mrstiffington

Trader

Fair point although they always have some IPA or two available for growler fills (but yes, cans are only every so often and they don’t ALWAYS have the same beer available).

bryantc3 likes this.
  24. SPRichard

SPRichard Devotee (413) Apr 26, 2008 New Jersey
    Trader

25. bryantc3

Not only did they move to cans, but it's quite a bit cheaper. I think 4-16oz cans is around 1900ml? Last year CP was $12 for 750ml.

so props to Kane on that.

fdonnelly, tzieser, Dreamer57 and 2 others like this.
  26. CraigMack61

CraigMack61 Aspirant (286) Oct 4, 2013 New Jersey
    Trader

Ridiculous taplist today too.

27. J5ryall

Can anyone advise if CP will make it til tomorrow?

28. tzieser

Trader

Thanks for asking the same question I had.

Kinda tempted to make the trip up there, but if I don’t I’m happy there are a couple places near me that have Bierhalle, Donut Shack, Morning Bean and Evening Bell on-tap, all of which I missed out on so I might go that route instead. /coolstorybro

@bryantc3 Absolutely. That’s a much better deal for that price.

Now that we’re celebrating the $20/four pack price point of CP, is it time to celebrate Trillium, Treehouse, Other Half, etc.’s for $20 for their imperial stout four packs? :wink:

#268 tzieser, Dec 8, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  29. bryantc3

Lol. Yes - since typically those breweries are not selling 10%+ stouts for $20-4pk and definitely not at a <$0.45 per ounce price.

Also CP in bottle form lasted like a month last year, so I doubt can craze will sell it out today, it's non-adjuncted and non-BA, it won't drive the crowds. It's a solid beer though .

tzieser and Mrstiffington like this.
  30. tzieser

Trader

Ah, true. I think I paid $22.50 for Vanilla PM Dawn as an example. However, I wouldn’t be surprised if Kane asked for around the same for a (hypothetical) Vanilla Christian Patrick 4 pack though. Cheers

31. bryantc3

To clarify, I'm not trying to compare kane to others - I'm saying they lowered their price (quite drastically tbh) on this beer. That's good, good on Kane for doing so.

rozzom, tzieser and SammyJaxxxx like this.
  32. tzieser

Trader

Cannot and will not argue with that. Cheers.

33. joe16siny

joe16siny Initiate (75) Nov 3, 2015 New York
    Trader

Anyone try the latest release of sneak box ? I hope Christian Patrick cans last for 2 weeks cause i can't get to Kane any sooner than that.

34. kthoag

kthoag Aspirant (292) May 21, 2012 New York
    Trader

Christian Patrick was soooo good last year

thedirtystayout likes this.
  35. fdonnelly

fdonnelly Initiate (154) Dec 14, 2016 New Jersey
    Trader

I think I have a bottle of OG CP, sounds like I need to do some testing.. you know, for science

thedirtystayout and tzieser like this.
  36. njcraftfan

njcraftfan Initiate (94) Dec 18, 2016 New Jersey

folks slacking around here....:stuck_out_tongue: sounds like a nice release today:

37. jonphisher

Trader

If I didn’t just have my 2 year olds party I’d make the drive. Went with local coffee shop instead. Maybe next weekend.

SammyJaxxxx likes this.
  38. bryantc3

funny seeing people complain about them being IPAs, when the last handful of releases have been dominated by non-IPAs.

some people just gotta be miserable i suppose.

fdonnelly and mayhops like this.
  39. mayhops

mayhops Initiate (32) Jun 22, 2018 New Jersey
    Trader

Yeah how dare they keep releasing the most popular type of beer.

Anybody try any of these yet?

bryantc3 likes this.
  40. RollTide7

Haha I do have to admit I held out the last few releases so was kinda hoping for that trend to continue. I Hit up Grimm and OH last weekend so now my beer fridge is full of IPAs. Always nice to pickup some stouts and other stuff that can sit a little longer. I am surprised that they keep releasing new IPAs and haven't really gone back to party wave and some others, though its always fun trying new stuff.

It was very nice to stroll right up after open and get cans today with no lines. Looking forward to trying Digital Sea, I love me some Galaxy. Can't beat Sunday Brunch pours either.

SammyJaxxxx and bryantc3 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.