Kane Brewing (September/October 2018)

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by NiceBeerCans, Sep 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NiceBeerCans

NiceBeerCans Aspirant (247) Mar 16, 2013 New York
    Trader

Kane Brewing: http://www.kanebrewing.com/

Address: 1750 Bloomsbury Ave, Ocean Township, NJ 07712
    We are located behind the Ocean Plaza Shopping Center off Route 35.

Tap Room Hours: Thursday: 5 pm to 8 pm, Friday: 5 pm to 8 pm, Saturday: 12 pm to 7 pm, Sunday: 12 pm to 5 pm (as of 9/1/18)

Tours: Tours of the brewery are given at 1pm, 2pm, 3pm and 4pm on Saturdays and Sundays. Guided tours last approximately 15-20 minutes. Self-guided tours are continuously available during our Tour and Tasting hours. No charge

They DO NOT allow any tour buses, limousines, party groups, bachelor or bachelorette parties, etc. in the brewery for tours and tastings. We have limited space and do not have the staff to handle large unexpected groups even with a prior reservation.

Current Tap List: Facebook is updated before retail hours with current Tap List. Year round beers includes Head High, Overhead and Single Finn.

Growler Fills: Beer prices vary depending on style but range from $7-$20+. The cost of the growler is an additional $10 for one-liter, and $12 for two-liter. Yes, Kane fills growlers from other breweries as long as it has a government warning, labeled volume, and a Kane Brewing Co. sticker can be applied for regulatory compliance.

Can and Bottles Sales: Limited release 750ml bottles for sale at the brewery as well as cans. Check Facebook (must have Facebook account), Twitter, or Instagram for up to date list. Solitude, our 9.2% Belgian-style dark strong ale, will now be available at the brewery in 750ml bottles on an (almost) year-round basis.

They offer a few varieties of their beer to be purchased in sixtel (5.2 gallon kegs). In addition to the cost of the beer, there is a $30 cash deposit required for the keg that will be refunded upon its return.
    http://www.kanebrewing.com/retail-keg-request/

Nice pics on their instagram feed: https://www.instagram.com/kanebrewing/

Kane Gear: Kane branded growlers, glasses, hats and t-shirts are available in the tap room. They also have an online store at https://squareup.com/market/kanebrewing

Kids and Dogs: Minors are welcome as long as they are accompanied by a parent or guardian. No pets.

Nearby Food:

Asbury Park:

· Brick Wall

· Asbury Festhalle & Biergarten

· Mogo

· Porta

· Taka

· Cross and Orange

· Franks Deli

· Johhny Macs

· Talula's

· Speakeatery

· Pasta Volo

Avon:

· Rigg's Seafood

· Clementine's

Belmar:

· 10th Ave Burrito

· Hoagitos

· Jersey Shore BBQ

· Twisted Tapas

· Stay Gold Cafe

· Rajin Cajun

Bradley Beach:

· Blue Marlin

· Thai Basil

Long Branch:

· Avenue Le Club

Neptune:

· The Grand Tavern

· Jameson's Southern Cooking

@glennl, Vice President of Operations, has been known to make occasional comments when speculation is not correct.

RobNewton likes this.
  2. fdonnelly

fdonnelly Initiate (98) Dec 14, 2016 New Jersey
    Trader

Stock on the new cans?!

3. jayme

jayme Initiate (35) Jan 4, 2006 New Jersey

i heard there was about 90 cases left before opening. there was a significant line at opening, cans were behind the bar so its hard to tell.

fdonnelly likes this.
  4. jonphisher

jonphisher Initiate (166) Aug 9, 2015 New Jersey
    Trader

Blue Hotel is a pretty cool name. Judging by Untapped all the lager hating people from last week are probably basking in glory for these. Anyone try it?

RobNewton and fdonnelly like this.
  5. fdonnelly

Trader

Haven’t tried it yet. Will in a bit and will report back. Ratings thus far seems great. They were wheeling about 8 cases out as I left about 35 mins ago. No line

jonphisher likes this.
  6. jayme

jayme Initiate (35) Jan 4, 2006 New Jersey

drinking one now, its super cloudy galaxy goodness.

fdonnelly, TheGent and jonphisher like this.
  7. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Initiate (162) Feb 17, 2017 New Jersey

Yeah, Blue Hotel is definitely a hazy one. Well executed all around.

8. mikegryo

mikegryo Initiate (61) Sep 19, 2017 New Jersey
    Trader

Surprised they still have Apiary Peach bottles left in the fridge for on site.

9. LuckyOneSix

LuckyOneSix Initiate (159) Aug 11, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Probably a long shot, but does anyone know if the Blue Hotel cans lasted the day? Would love to run up there tomorrow at opening and get some!

10. msaitta

msaitta Initiate (32) Dec 16, 2016 New Jersey

I have the same question

LuckyOneSix likes this.
  11. fdonnelly

Trader

their post earlier said they had a couple of cases of both blue hotel and coastal plain left for today for opening.

Blue hotel is good I liked it a lot. Think it will get better in like a week

12. mikegryo

Trader

@glennl - do you know if one is able to put in an entry for each of the options (one for the 3-set and one for the 2-set)?

13. Feaor

Feaor Initiate (86) Jul 9, 2017 New York

Ugh, literally the one weekend this month I'm unavailable to pick up bottles, I've been waiting on this since I missed out last year :confused:

14. glennl

glennl Initiate (131) Aug 22, 2009 New Jersey

It's not an "entry" so no. It just a sale. You have to try for one or the other - the Set that includes both bourbon and rye, - OR - the set that is just bourbon

mikegryo likes this.
  15. mikegryo

Trader

Gotcha thanks!

16. Jlabs

Jlabs Champion (887) Nov 11, 2013 New York
    Trader

no coconut or vanilla variants this year?..bummer:confused:

dazedandconfused likes this.
  17. glennl

Yield was low so doing variants would've brought the total number of available sets down to a number we thought was insufficient.

forum8417, SammyJaxxxx, Rfro5 and 3 others like this.
  18. mumbles44

mumbles44 Initiate (165) Jan 22, 2016 New Jersey
    Trader

@glennl 2nd photo is 2016? will these be on tap the weekend of pickup?

19. glennl

probably just recycling an old photo. I have no idea if anything would be on tap for pickup. That's not my department

forum8417 and fdonnelly like this.
  20. fdonnelly

Trader

I'll stir the pot, even though I'm sure there its unlikely anything would be on tap. The photo has a '17 and '16 ANTEAD in it :slight_smile:

Hoping I am able to score something!

21. njcraftfan

njcraftfan Initiate (73) Dec 18, 2016 New Jersey

there are some ingenuitive people out there... using multiple phones / browser windows / etc, I would not be surprised if there are people who manage to get both...

fdonnelly likes this.
  22. fdonnelly

Trader

Then they would be out $50+

It states in the information on the post either the BA and Rye OR BA only AND all sales are final. So if those people can't read then they will be donating money without getting anything and be complaining online after because they can't comprehend how to read

23. mumbles44

Trader

this

24. mumbles44

Trader

looks like with Other Half now liking the locals Kane has taken over for hating the locals..with no local presale option or silent

rozzom and fdonnelly like this.
  25. Dreamer57

Dreamer57 Initiate (128) Apr 13, 2015 New Jersey
    Trader

Good luck this year guys. Got a feeling I will be assed out like other years, but hope not

fdonnelly likes this.
  26. fdonnelly

Trader

I'm sure if there are left over bottles from people who can't read or who don't show up they will drop them silently, thats how I got mine last year!

Also, its nice that OH is making so much beer now, I am in Brooklyn multiple times a week and there are always cans! now bring back some more of the oldies!

bryantc3 likes this.
  27. mumbles44

Trader

haha appreciate you feeling my sarcasm :slight_smile:

everytime I am in bk for work i make the same stop!

28. Tim725

Tim725 Disciple (335) Mar 8, 2014 New Jersey
    Trader

Hmmmm I think I see the plan here.

1) Release ANTEAD
    2) Wait for the inevitable saltiness from the folks that miss out
    3) Release massive amounts of Sunday Brunch so everybody gets as much as they want
    4) ??????
    5) Profit.

jonphisher, fdonnelly and mumbles44 like this.
  29. fdonnelly

Trader

I was at OH last night, if I didnt have an excess of cans right now I would have gotten some Double Mosaic Dream and some Citra Daydream. I still can't stand going there b4 5pm on a Sat but during the week i dont mind OH at all. If its something I HAVE to get I'll go earlier on a Sat but its almost not even necessary anymore

30. fdonnelly

Trader

also, i love ANTEAD its great, but I am more excited for 2 other things.

1) the Horus collabs... Kane makes great Stouts/Porters and anything Kyle has made or had a hand in that I have tried is outrageously good, that stuff is going to be great.
    2) mixed ferm site beers... just gimme em now!

Tim725 likes this.
  31. glennl

There's a lot going on the mixed ferm side. It's not my area of expertise but we have some people who really know/appreciate/ understand the process and they tell me it takes time to do right. I just tell them to hurry up and release something. I get to be involved on the equipment and construction side and we have some more new equipment getting added this month that's exciting.

But yeah, I want to actually drink the beers.

forum8417, fdonnelly and jonphisher like this.
  32. fdonnelly

Trader

Hear you there Glenn! I’m excited for it. And tell them we want some Sea Change!

Oh and GALAXY Punch FINALLY!

33. RollTide7

RollTide7 Aspirant (223) Feb 16, 2013 New Jersey

Any ideas on # of cases or what it looks like? Was going to drive there but got stuck in while my wife ran errands. Thinking a 2pm arrival could be around sellout...and dont want to drive 40 min for nothing...

34. glennl

Don't worry I threatened to not a lift a finger to build the space out unless sea change was on the calendar...

35. DrederickTatum

DrederickTatum Initiate (156) Dec 13, 2016 New Jersey

I was there around 1 and there was only a short line. I didn’t see any pallets but the fridge was full so I’d be surprised if it was gone by 2.

RollTide7 likes this.
  36. RollTide7

Thx for the update!

37. Dreamer57

Dreamer57 Initiate (128) Apr 13, 2015 New Jersey
    Trader

My man!

38. RollTide7

Just leaving now abd still galaxy punch left for interested parties. They just brought out a hand cart full of cases as i was leaving.

SammyJaxxxx likes this.
  39. Mrstiffington

Mrstiffington Initiate (40) Jun 8, 2018 New Jersey
    Trader

Plus they still had cans of Coastal Plain!

SammyJaxxxx likes this.
  40. Tim725

Tim725 Disciple (335) Mar 8, 2014 New Jersey
    Trader

Went around 12:30. Steady stream of people but slow overall. Hope I earned some good antead karma as I bought and paid for a few 4 packs but they handed me a whole case and left me to go on my way... Honesty is the proper policy though (plus my kid was there.. lessons and all..).

Looks like feedback on untappd so far is the galaxy punch is a bit green. Hoping to crack one tonight to try too!

Vanilla Morning Bell is mighty tasty. Coffee definitely faded a LOT!

Mrstiffington likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.