Karbach all inclusive thread

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by jamescain, Jan 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Apr 11, 2012 Texas

I have had a 32oz and 64oz growler so I didn't have to crack my bottles. Those are going to sit a while.

64oz growler for $20 was a steal! :D

2. raffy313

raffy313 Dec 15, 2010 Texas
    Beer Trader

Oh yes, Matt... I planned on getting at least a couple cans of that hefe in on the deal. You read my mind. Heard nothing but good things about it and I love that style.

Got a couple replies guys, so I'm set. Thanks!

3. StArnoldFan

StArnoldFan Dec 28, 2012 Texas
    Beer Trader

I need some help/suggestions. I just completed a trade, 2 BB Hellfighters for 6 BCBS with extras (50-60oz) left up to the shipper. When I received my shipment I felt that I didn't send as good of extras as he did. He made it difficult when he said no IPA and that's my style of choice (I was going to include an Endeavour and Hopadillo). So any suggestions on something local and good that's not an IPA? Iv thought about maybe some Buried Hatchet and Weisse Versa. Thx in advance

4. champ103

champ103 Sep 3, 2007 Texas
    Beer Trader

Pontificator and/or Yule Shoot Your Eye Out (I think there is still some YSYEO downtown). You can't go wrong with Weisse Versa or Buried Hatchet either. Others would be Pumpkinator (I can help you out if you don't have any), also maybe some Jester King stuff.

5. StArnoldFan

Beer Trader

He said he liked sours and red ales but Im not going to drive all over town and spend a shit ton of $ looking for a RU-55. The Pontificator is a good idea. Whatever I send next will be unexpected by him as he thinks the trade is already complete.

6. champ103

Beer Trader

Understand about the cost with JK, but I was thinking more along the lines of Le Petit Prince. If he like reds, Real Ale Brewer's Cut Red Ale seems perfect, or any of the Brewer's Cut releases, and should still be easily available.

StArnoldFan likes this.
  7. kevinscott

kevinscott Oct 21, 2008 Texas

Where is this trader located? Buried Hatchet makes it to a few different states.

If you can find it in Houston I would ship some Hops and Grain Alt (2012 World Beer Cup gold medal winner) or some Real Ale bottles like Sissyphus, Phoenixx, Devil's Backbone, etc.

StArnoldFan likes this.
  8. champ103

Beer Trader

Is Phoenixx bottled? I did not know that. Good point on Buried Hatched, when I went to visit the family in Illinois Southern Star was all over the place.

9. StArnoldFan

Beer Trader

I did send him a brewers cut dry hop porter. Maybe Ill buy a 4 pack of the brewers cut Red send him 2 and keep 2 and also a bomber of the JK you suggested. Much appreciated.

10. StArnoldFan

Beer Trader

MN

11. kevinscott

kevinscott Oct 21, 2008 Texas

Yeah, it's been in bottles for a few years now. Probably easy to overlook since RA's branding is all over the place.[​IMG]

I don't believe SS distributes to MN, so Buried Hatchet away.

champ103 likes this.
  12. acbe

acbe Jul 23, 2011 Texas

I just want to repost this. What a great pair.

HoustonZ33 and StArnoldFan like this.
  13. HopAG

HopAG Sep 22, 2012 Texas
    Beer Trader

I flared up in jealousy when I saw that you found BBA Hellfighter...

Hell I think I might like it more than the Abyss

14. StArnoldFan

Beer Trader

I know I do

Ford likes this.
  15. DanzBorin

I'm interested to do a side by side after a year. I know Abyss ages well and so does the BB Hellfighter. We'll have to give it until next January and have a competition. lol

I think I'll polish off my BBA Hellfighter growler tonight.

16. StArnoldFan

Beer Trader

I just had a 2011 reserve in January and shortly after had the BB hellfighter. However I did not do a side by side to compare. I just prefer how bourbon forward the Hellfighter is.

17. DanzBorin

You should just pour bourbon in your stouts and porters. ;) I like the bourbon flavor to mellow and bring out vanilla, caramel, and toffee flavors. Year old BBA Hellfighter is awesome!

rainerschuhsler likes this.
  18. StArnoldFan

Beer Trader

I just might have to try this. Lol. I'll be sure to let you know the outcome.

19. mattchow

mattchow Jun 24, 2012 Texas
    Beer Trader

2 more cases of hellfighter left at Kroger on North Shepherd. I just bought another case lol.

20. HopAG

HopAG Sep 22, 2012 Texas
    Beer Trader

case of what?

21. HoustonZ33

HoustonZ33 Sep 10, 2012 Texas

I went there after work, Looks like they were just randomly out in the open - There were 4 bottles left... I got them.

[​IMG]

22. HoustonZ33

Central Market still has some RU-55.

23. StArnoldFan

Beer Trader

I ended up getting a Pumpkinator (thanks again Champ) and surprised him with that. Thanks for lookin out.

HoustonZ33 likes this.
  24. HoustonZ33

Anytime man

25. NiceFly

NiceFly Dec 22, 2011 Tajikistan

I am curios if anyone has had the 029K-3 canning of Hopadillo?
    I have had a fair amount of this, most within a few weeks of canning and I really enjoy it. Holy Cow, I think they kicked it up a notch on this batch!

My exclamation upon tasting this batch is not fit for print. I also picked up a serious grapfruit note I do not think I got before and is not a characteristic of the listed hops.

I think I will email them to thank them and ask them about it.

26. HopAG

HopAG Sep 22, 2012 Texas
    Beer Trader

Pity, I was looking forward in getting 1 or 2 BBHF

Least a BA got them so all is well

27. TexasStout

TexasStout Jun 22, 2007 Texas

I've done that,maybe not a pour, but a little bit, to several stouts - Buried Hatchet, Ten Fidy, Narwhal, etc. Doesn't hurt! :)

StArnoldFan and UHCougar12 like this.
  28. mattchow

Beer Trader

you're more than welcome to meet me up for 1 or 2. BM me.

29. mattchow

Beer Trader

Does anyone know how long these beers (bodacious, fgl, hellfighter) barrel age for before going into bottles?

30. StArnoldFan

Beer Trader

4-5 months off Karbach website

http://www.karbachbrewing.com/beers/main

31. ThirdEyePA

ThirdEyePA Nov 7, 2011 Texas

Nice find on those extra BBA Hellfighters. I'm thinking of opening my 1 and only this week.

32. UHCougar12

UHCougar12 Feb 21, 2011 Texas
    Beer Trader

This makes me what to go by every Kroger around me

HoustonZ33 likes this.
  33. TheWritingWaffle

TheWritingWaffle Jan 21, 2013 Texas

This makes me wish there WERE Krogers around me.

Sigh, might just need to start offering up DR-12s in hopes someone would bite and deal one of the FUNs. Sitting on way too many of those.

34. waterintobeer

waterintobeer May 17, 2008 Texas

Has anyone tried the new imperial IPA that they have at the brewery? Thoughts?

35. DanzBorin

Sitting on DR12 is the best thing you can do with it right now.

That said, I'd trade some for BBA Hellfighter or Bodacious.

36. DanzBorin

More Cowbell?

If so, it's been around for a while. It's a good beer.

37. rainerschuhsler

rainerschuhsler May 17, 2012 Texas
    Beer Trader

More Cowbell is a Buffalo Bayou Brewing beer, not Karbach.

Karbach the other day tweeted they were working on a new Imperial IPA and I believe they were sampling it at their tour over the weekend.

38. DanzBorin

And I get the major "Dur" post of the day... lol

Too many of these all inclusive, official threads... My brain farted on me...

I'd like a better IIPA from Karbach. :D

39. TheWritingWaffle

TheWritingWaffle Jan 21, 2013 Texas

That's what I was saying. I have about a full 6-pack of DR-12 plus another 3-4, but nothing to do other than hold it. I would definitely deal a handful for Bodacious or the BBA Hellfighter. Still debating which I liked more.

40. UHCougar12

UHCougar12 Feb 21, 2011 Texas
    Beer Trader

Dr12 was so prevelent here in Houston that I would find it hard to believe someone who has bbh didnt get dr12. Hats not to say someone.might want.more, but I would be surprised .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • Free Trial Subscription

Reside in the US? Interested in a free 1-month trial subscription to the print edition of BeerAdvocate magazine?

Yes! Sign Me Up!