KBS in NH

Discussion in 'New England' started by Davl22, Apr 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Davl22

Davl22 Disciple (356) Sep 27, 2011 New Hampshire
    Subscriber Beer Trader

They released it today, 30 cases throughout the state, in the seacoast Gary's had 2, Hampton Falls bev had 2, top shelf 1, and I think a few others around Dover, not sure about the whereabouts in the rest of the state, good luck!

2. BleepBloopBlap

BleepBloopBlap Initiate (59) Aug 19, 2011 Massachusetts

Beer store is having some sort of raffle

3. ElGallo

ElGallo Crusader (795) Sep 26, 2009 New Hampshire

Top Shelf in Hampton is selling their bottles on May 4. Check FB for details.

4. StylzMC

StylzMC Initiate (0) Dec 15, 2012 Yukon (Canada)

NH got roughly 70 cases.

Cask and vine, Derry
    Downtown discount bev, Dover
    Koozies, Dover
    Francetown Village, Francestown
    Country corner, Greenville
    Top Shelf, Hampton
    Hampton Falls Village Market?
    Ayottes Market, Hudson
    Case n Keg, Meredith
    Penguin Mart, Milford
    The Beer Store (9 cases), Nashua
    Jasper's Homebrewing?
    Wayne's Market, N Woodstock
    Biedermans, Plymouth
    Gary's, Portsmouth
    Portsmouth Provisions
    Cigerette City, Seabrook
    Shiva Mkt, Somersworth
    Lucia's Bodega, Windham

5. FrankLloydMike

FrankLloydMike Devotee (495) Aug 16, 2006 Massachusetts
    Subscriber

Saw that Bert's Better Beers in Hooksett also got some--1 bottle per customer limit, I believe.

TheMonkfish likes this.
  6. TheMonkfish

TheMonkfish Initiate (0) Jan 8, 2012 Chad

Yep. I called around lunchtime - all gone.

When I was talking to Jeff at Jasper's he wasn't sure if any was coming his way or not.

7. Davl22

Subscriber Beer Trader

How'd you find out specifics? I spoke with a distrib. and he gave me some info for the seacoast but even he didn't know the exact spots or quantities. I can't believe The Beer Store got 9 cases...... I hadn't heard of any store in new england getting more than 2 per store

8. wildcats10

wildcats10 Initiate (0) Mar 18, 2012 New Hampshire
    Beer Trader

9 cases seems a bit excessive for a single store if the state got 70 (and ludicrous if the total was 30)

Most of the stores I frequent were 1-2 cases, one of them was selling 4packs... needless to say they're OOS now.

9. StylzMC

StylzMC Initiate (0) Dec 15, 2012 Yukon (Canada)

Heard it from a bird. I'm guessing here, but maybe Beer Store sold to other stores? More than a few got 3+ all over the NE region.

10. huddyball

huddyball Devotee (416) Apr 3, 2013 New Hampshire
    Beer Trader

WHo was selling 4 packs? For future reference.

11. T-RO

T-RO Aspirant (212) Nov 9, 2012 New Hampshire
    Beer Trader

Tuesday 500pm,Hampton falls village market had about 15 bottles left.

12. TheVillageMarket

TheVillageMarket Initiate (0) Mar 21, 2013 New Hampshire

FYI - Hampton Falls Village Market received 3 cases.

13. Davl22

Subscriber Beer Trader

I got my 4 pack at Gary's

14. Davl22

Subscriber Beer Trader

Top Shelf is releasing their bottles this Saturday at 10am, 1 bottle per person

15. huddyball

Beer Trader

What town?

16. Davl22

Subscriber Beer Trader

Portsmouth

17. ActonBrewer

ActonBrewer Initiate (0) Apr 9, 2009 Massachusetts

Any confirmation as to how much NH actually got?

18. huddyball

Beer Trader

Called a place in Keene (Brewtopia?) and they are expecting their delivery Monday.

19. mikeywtc

mikeywtc Initiate (97) Dec 7, 2011 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

I was lucky enough to enjoy two glasses of it on tap at McKenzie's in Nashua Friday night before the keg kicked (which only took about 2.5 hours!). I heard there are two more kegs that made it to the state, not sure which bars/stores were fortunate enough to get them though.

20. gpugliese

gpugliese Initiate (151) Mar 22, 2011 New Hampshire
    Beer Trader

I think Kilkenny's in Milford got one as well, not sure about the third.

21. BrendanTownsend

BrendanTownsend Initiate (0) Apr 17, 2013 New Hampshire

Strange Brew Tavern in Manchester got a keg. Tapping on May 15th from 8 - 10 PM.

lukemroy and brewtechnik like this.
  22. fistfight

fistfight Initiate (178) Jan 13, 2006 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

McKenzie's was a pleasant surprise. With the amount of Founder's they have on draft I wouldn't be surprised to see them getting some more limited kegs.

23. caguiar

caguiar Initiate (132) Jul 5, 2011 New Hampshire
    Beer Trader

Killkenny's in Milford is tapping their keg of KBS at the beginning of American Craft Beer week (May 13th) from what I'v heard.

24. mikeywtc

mikeywtc Initiate (97) Dec 7, 2011 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

The bar manager sounded pretty confident he'd be getting a few more of their limited kegs when we were talking to him. They always seem to have at least three Founders beers on tap when I go in there.

25. FrankLloydMike

FrankLloydMike Devotee (495) Aug 16, 2006 Massachusetts
    Subscriber

Kilkenny's already looked like a pretty cool little place. I won't be able to make it for the tapping, but I'll have to check it out sometime soon when I'm in the area. I've always loved the Milford Oval anyway, but didn't think there were any decent bars there.

26. Kinsman

Kinsman Champion (863) Aug 26, 2009 California

My parents live in Milford and I would absolutely make the trip down to visit them and check this place out if I had the time. Honestly though, I'm shocked to see a bar in Milford getting KBS. I generally hold a very low opinion (in terms of the beer they drink) of the bar-going public in that town. I haven't even tried Kilennys yet because as any New England BA's knows, Irish-themed bars a dime a dozen and why would this one be any different? Just looking at the taplist on line, it's certainly decent but pretty generic with the bigger regional and national crafts like Rogue, DFH, and Redhook and of course the bland imports to as well. Good for them for getting KBS but I can only imagine most of the people coming in to enjoy a glass will not be locals.

27. brewtechnik

brewtechnik Aspirant (221) Aug 31, 2011 New Hampshire
    Beer Trader

Probably just the rumor mill, but has anyone else heard about a KBS keg vertical being unleashed somewhere in Southern NH in the near future?

28. caguiar

caguiar Initiate (132) Jul 5, 2011 New Hampshire
    Beer Trader

Haven't heard about one being released in NH but heard of one happening at The Barking Dog in Amesbury.... not sure when or if its already happened, but heard from head bar tender who frequents the store I work at.

29. brewtechnik

brewtechnik Aspirant (221) Aug 31, 2011 New Hampshire
    Beer Trader

Probably a case of facts lost in translation, but still good to hear not entirely fiction :)
    Guess I'll be looking into that....

30. benmcmahon

benmcmahon Initiate (0) Jan 26, 2008 New Hampshire

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.