Kegerator Help

Discussion in 'Home Bar' started by rjmanion, Sep 13, 2019.

1. rjmanion

rjmanion Initiate (0) Sep 13, 2019

Hi there. I have owned my Danby Kegerator for about 6 months now and wanting to buy a new facuet. I am going to buy the Perlick 650ss Flow Control facuet and had a few questions.
    I noticed on Amazon you can get the facuet by itself as well as with a shank. What is the shank?
    When I take my facuet off I do not see anything resembling that. I have a long spring that is attached to the back of the facuet to the inside of the tower that I take out to clean every month. Can I just use that spring still or do I need a shank?
    And secondly does anyone have a good recommendation on where to buy a authentic Perlick facuet as I have read reviews that Amazon can be fake sometimes.
    Thank you in advance

PapaGoose03 likes this.
  2. PapaGoose03

PapaGoose03 Poo-Bah (2,490) May 30, 2005 Michigan
    Society

Welcome to the BA site, rjmanion. We're a diversified group on this site, but your question is specialized and is more likely to be seen by someone who has the answer if your post was in the Home Bar forum. I'll ask a mod to move it there. One of the 'experts' in that forum is @billandsuz so by me tagging him here should get him onto your question fairly soon.

rjmanion and Squire like this.
  3. DougC123

DougC123 Disciple (328) Aug 21, 2012 Connecticut

This is a shank. The part to the left is where the faucet screws into it. Presumably you have a threaded spinning collar like the part furthest to the left in the picture (or possibly knurled or ribbed) that your current faucet screws into. Take the faucet off, throw it and the spring away and replace with the Perlick. I’ve never heard of counterfeits but anywhere there is a few bucks to be had there are scumbags.

billandsuz, rjmanion and PapaGoose03 like this.
  4. PapaGoose03

PapaGoose03 Poo-Bah (2,490) May 30, 2005 Michigan
    Society

Forget to add your picture?

5. rjmanion

Oh thank you I appreciate it!

PapaGoose03 likes this.
  6. DougC123

DougC123 Disciple (328) Aug 21, 2012 Connecticut

[​IMG]

billandsuz, rjmanion and PapaGoose03 like this.
  7. rjmanion

Okay thank you for your help! Was a very good understanding