Dismiss Notice
Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Join us December 9th in Los Angeles for the ultimate throwdown of craft beer creativity!

Learn more...
Dismiss Notice
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Kentucky Dark Star

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by NWer, Sep 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptainQ

CaptainQ Aspirant (271) Feb 17, 2013 Washington

As of 11:34am today there are 145 bottles left at Fremont.

m4ttj0nes likes this.
  2. NWer

NWer Crusader (709) Mar 10, 2009 Washington
    Beer Trader

16 bottles left as of 11:30

3. distantmantra

distantmantra Savant (998) May 23, 2011 Washington
    Beer Trader

I'm pleasantly surprised it's lasted this long at the UBG.

4. draheim

draheim Poo-Bah (2,408) Sep 18, 2010 Washington
    Beer Trader

I'm pleasantly shocked it's lasted this long at the UBG. More than two weeks? Are you kidding me?
    I'm contributing a bottle of this plus a bottle of B-Bomb to an office fundraiser (auction), hopefully they'll go for more than MSRP and actually raise some money...

5. Kurmaraja

Kurmaraja Poo-Bah (2,172) May 21, 2013 Illinois
    Beer Trader

I suspect a number of bottles will go out of region ... Thereby increasing demand out of region next year.

6. draheim

Beer Trader

Screw vortex bottles and mountains that turn blue when cold; we need a technology that causes bottles to self-destruct if they travel more than 500 miles in the same direction.

66jzmstr, Kurmaraja and John_M like this.
  7. NWer

NWer Crusader (709) Mar 10, 2009 Washington
    Beer Trader

draheim: "Keep Seattle indifferent" . . .

too late.

hopburster and beertunes like this.
  8. Aleforme

Aleforme Disciple (300) Nov 26, 2008 Washington
    Beer Trader

Saw about 10 Bottles at the West Seattle Metropolitan Market last night. $17.49

9. MickJ0nes

MickJ0nes Initiate (0) Dec 10, 2012 Pennsylvania

Hey man, Thanks for the Abyss. I would like to show my Gratitude!

10. checktherhyme

checktherhyme Initiate (152) Apr 8, 2008 Washington

How much are people paying? I bought 2 bottles for $17.99 each in Spokane yesterday. It was more expensive than I thought it would be, but oh well. I think I paid $13.99 last year...

11. draheim

Beer Trader

I think it's always been $15 @ the brewery, a couple bucks more at stores.

checktherhyme likes this.
  12. dphi

dphi Initiate (158) Apr 14, 2013 Oregon

Any chance this is available at all anywhere in Gig Harbor? My parents live there and are coming to visit this weekend, I'd have them pick up a bottle or two if so but I don't know of any bottle shops in the area and I'm not sure the grocery stores there get special releases like this.

13. John_M

John_M Moderator (5,609) Oct 25, 2003 Oregon
    Beer Trader

I hope I'm wrong on this, but I think you're likely going to be SOL on this. I've checked the local stores around the Tacoma area (Tacoma Boys, Bevmo, the Metro, Pint Defiance, etc.), but none of them had it. I think I recall reading in this thread that 99 bottles over in Federal Way got some, but that was a while back and I'm assuming it's long gone. That would have been your best bet, though it would have been a bit out of the way for your parents to get to on their way to PDX. Anyway, if the beer isn't available at Pint Definance or Tacoma Boys in Tacoma, it's very, very unlikely that anyplace in GH would have any.

libbey likes this.
  14. dphi

dphi Initiate (158) Apr 14, 2013 Oregon

Thanks for the info, that's about what I figured. Gig Harbor doesn't seem to have much going for it on the craft beer front besides 7 Seas from what I've seen.

15. John_M

John_M Moderator (5,609) Oct 25, 2003 Oregon
    Beer Trader

Unfortunately, that's my take as well. The couple of grocery stores I've checked on in the area, really had a pretty mediocre selection (surprisingly poor for the NW I thought).

If you are ever up that way, visiting your parents, you might give the Tides a try. Last time I was there they had close to 20 different craft options on tap, including a keg of Abyss. Food is decent as well, and the location on the water is pretty nice (espeically when the weather is nice). Otherwise, the new 7 Seas brewpub is definitely your best bet.

16. devlishdamsel

devlishdamsel Initiate (0) Aug 1, 2009 Washington

15 at total wine.

17. SeaAle

SeaAle Disciple (398) Jun 24, 2012 Oregon
    Beer Trader

Harmon Brewery just opened up their second Hub in GH. It's at the Tacoma Narrows Airport.

18. Texwild

Texwild Initiate (178) May 1, 2008 Washington
    Industry Beer Trader

We will be distributing soon on the Peninsula so Bbomb should be available this year.

devlishdamsel, libbey and BigE90 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.