Lagunitas High Westified 6 packs

Discussion in 'Beer News & Releases' started by Brent212, Nov 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beerbom

Beerbom Crusader (706) Dec 20, 2014 California
    Trader

My damn voice recognition on my phone messed up..I was in the middle of correcting it when u caught the typo. The guy who posted after me was "alunder the impression". Typos happen! I'm glad my input was so useful that that's all u got out of it especially considering I'm one of the few in CA who's even had/found this. Now I'm just busting your balls.

#321 Beerbom, Dec 11, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  2. bubseymour

bubseymour Poo-Bah (3,169) Oct 30, 2010 Maryland
    Society Trader

None in central MD as of Thurdsay 12/8. The distributor I spoke with at the store, said he has had other asking about it and expects to get some (uncertain of quantity) in the next few weeks.

3. brewaddict

brewaddict Aspirant (276) Nov 25, 2015 California
    Trader

Lagunitas had already shipped to distro in the West and put a hold on the release before they stared delivering in the East. So it appears that they identified the problem out here and had time to confirm the quality back east. I don't think any infected bottles made it out for sale.

4. raynmoon

raynmoon Initiate (0) Aug 13, 2011 Colorado

Hopefully it wasn't much that was infected, so that stores/ areas don't get shut out due to lack of product available.

5. denver10

denver10 Poo-Bah (2,956) Nov 17, 2010 New Mexico
    Society

Grabbed a 6 pack earlier today. $10.99. Talk about a deal...assuming, of course, I like it.

raynmoon likes this.
  6. denver10

denver10 Poo-Bah (2,956) Nov 17, 2010 New Mexico
    Society

I like it.

...though, I would have never guessed this to be a coffee stout.

7. smutty33

smutty33 Crusader (746) Jun 12, 2009 Connecticut
    Trader

Wow, what a deal. Could it be any cheaper??

8. Crunk_certified

Crunk_certified Initiate (162) Jul 7, 2014 California

hmm I grabbed two sixers at 10.99 here in Sonoma County. Grabbed them Friday. Really hope they are not infected. @DogTown can you comment on the subject please.

Cracked one open last night and it tasted great.

BSW likes this.
  9. djtothemoney

djtothemoney Initiate (0) Nov 30, 2015 Ohio

I was able to grab 4 bottles at a local convenience store. They sell a lot of bombers from Lagunitas so I figured I would stop in and see if they got any.

This is easily the best beer I've had for that price point. It's like KBS light. All the flavor with a little less body. I went back to pick up more the next day, but alas, all gone.

keithmurray and DoctorZombies like this.
  10. estans2

estans2 Initiate (0) Sep 29, 2016 Maryland

Maryland anyone? the beer finder lists about 6 places near me but when I call the shop they say they haven't received it

11. Fordcoyote15

Fordcoyote15 Savant (983) Nov 19, 2011 Kentucky
    Trader

That's the story everywhere. I'm guessing it get held up at the wholesalers at the time if the alleged recall. Some places seemingly already recieved there's but it seems the majority of places expected to get it never recieved their expected share.

Gemini6 likes this.
  12. Redrover

Redrover Poo-Bah (3,492) Jan 18, 2003 Wisconsin
    Society

I had a couple of bottles over the weekend. Terrific stuff, wish I had bought more than 2 6 packs... I'm on the lookout for more.

13. Jangoon24

Jangoon24 Disciple (334) Jul 25, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

It's weird, I used the beer finder around where I work to locate some. I found it at two places that were not on the beer finder, and every place that was on it hasn't gotten any yet...

14. Fordcoyote15

Trader

Which has got to be the worst beer finder of any I've used since you can only search by specific zip code as opposed to vicinity and have to run 30 or 40 searches if you're not in a major city.

estans2, Gemini6 and manillaroad like this.
  15. Ricelikesbeer

Ricelikesbeer Devotee (468) Nov 29, 2006 Colorado

Still no sign? I've been on the hunt as well. sounds like a few stores who regularly get the One hitter series will get them in.

16. Ricelikesbeer

Ricelikesbeer Devotee (468) Nov 29, 2006 Colorado

I agree, the finder sucks or needs to be updated. Completely inaccurate info there.

17. deadsincebirth

deadsincebirth Initiate (0) Jul 24, 2014 Illinois

Obviously the msrp price point is on point. With that said, it is a great beer. There are better out there but a 6 pack for 11.99. As stated many a time before, incredible. I love it. Winter is in full swing now.

Brolo75 likes this.
  18. Brent212

Brent212 Initiate (148) Jan 13, 2014 California
    Trader

Just saw that it's back in SJ at Royal Liquors.

raynmoon likes this.
  19. raynmoon

This week should be the week. I predict most places getting good amounts either tomorrow or thursday, friday at the latest. With a late and probable final drop the week after to fill out the circuit. Just my prediction.

20. Fordcoyote15

Trader

Based on what? I thought lagunitas allegedly pulled it.

21. raynmoon

based on absolutely nothing.

deadsincebirth and eldoctorador like this.
  22. buckeye1275

buckeye1275 Initiate (0) Mar 21, 2013 Delaware

Just found some in Dover, DE. It is officially in more states on the East coast.

Mongrel and InsuranceGuy like this.
  23. Tdizzle

Tdizzle Initiate (0) Dec 19, 2006 California
    Deactivated

I am really hoping that this beer is not infected once it hits shelves in Southern California. Planning on nabbing two six packs.

24. InsuranceGuy

InsuranceGuy Initiate (0) Nov 9, 2011 Delaware

My cousin just got a case at his restaurant in Wilmington, so it's definitely hitting shelves across the state.

25. Mongrel

Mongrel Crusader (761) Feb 14, 2013 Maryland

A few shops got a case each in my area, so they're breaking them up into singles.... Picked up six bottles at $3 each, which isn't terribly bad.

26. magilldm

magilldm Initiate (56) May 2, 2015 Pennsylvania

Still waiting in the third most populous region in the state

27. croush

croush Crusader (798) Mar 20, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

...which leaves everyone to wonder what the 3rd most populous region in PA is. :wink:

muchos, ECOBOOSTINST and Mongrel like this.
  28. estans2

estans2 Initiate (0) Sep 29, 2016 Maryland

What part of MD?

29. Mongrel

Mongrel Crusader (761) Feb 14, 2013 Maryland

Frederick.

30. GW3

GW3 Initiate (0) Mar 1, 2016 Florida

Anyone in Florida see this yet? Wondering if and when to expect it.

31. ClarkstonMark

ClarkstonMark Initiate (88) Feb 21, 2016 Michigan
    Trader

LOL, as a PA native, I am going to guess Erie. But maybe it is Harrisburg

32. SaucerfulOfSecrets

SaucerfulOfSecrets Initiate (129) Jul 13, 2015 Missouri
    Trader

It's hitting STL yesterday and today. $12.99/six no limit where I snagged mine

Harrison8 likes this.
  33. magilldm

magilldm Initiate (56) May 2, 2015 Pennsylvania

Haha thanks for playing along, it's the Lehigh Valley. West of Philly, East of everything else

34. JackHorzempa

JackHorzempa Poo-Bah (4,877) Dec 15, 2005 Pennsylvania
    Society

And I am still waiting in the most populous region in the state.:slight_frown:

Non-cheers to that.

@KOP_Beer_OUtlet

35. msscott1973

msscott1973 Devotee (432) Dec 28, 2013 North Carolina

It's not often that I have a beer where I make an extra effort to breathe it in before every sip. This is one of those beers.

Robtobfest and Redrover like this.
  36. KOP_Beer_OUtlet

KOP_Beer_OUtlet Initiate (0) Jul 13, 2013 Pennsylvania

The wholesaler who distributes it to us in this region told me to expect it next week or the week after...I wasn't able to reach his boss who might be able to give me a better date...as soon as I know you will know

JackHorzempa likes this.
  37. Fordcoyote15

Trader

Which region and which wholesaler?

38. KOP_Beer_OUtlet

KOP_Beer_OUtlet Initiate (0) Jul 13, 2013 Pennsylvania

Montgomery County...and I prefer not to name wholesalers on BA

InsuranceGuy likes this.
  39. JasonJYoung

JasonJYoung Initiate (96) Jan 7, 2015 Washington
    Trader

@threezus The Lagunitas High Westified Coffee Stout (6-packs) is finally starting to show up in the Puget Sound region of Seattle & Tacoma Washington. Thus far, I've seen it at Pint Defiance in Tacoma; Beer Junction in West Seattle; and Beer Authority in the Wallingford neighborhood. It wasn't too limited, but I'd definitely get over there in the next couple days if possible. Should also start showing up in more places around the Seattle area any day now.

With all the rumors of possible infections, this really makes it tough on whether to buy more than one 6-pack and/or possibly sit on it for a while to age. Sounds like there is no reason to age it considering it's drinking a little lighter than most barrel aged beers. Me personally, I wouldn't chance it. I'm also gonna save my receipts, just in case there are issues on down the line.

#359 JasonJYoung, Dec 15, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    jakecattleco likes this.
  40. RDMII

RDMII Initiate (0) Apr 11, 2010 Georgia

Atlanta got it this week, and it's flying out everywhere.

swortman25 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.