Lagunitas Phase Change Format Change

Discussion in 'Beer News & Releases' started by ESHBG, Mar 11, 2020.

1. ESHBG

ESHBG Aspirant (275) Jul 30, 2011 Pennsylvania

I saw that for packaging it is only being released in a four 16 oz can format vs six bottles like last year. This is one of the few new beers of theirs that I didn't get to try yet. Your feelings on the updated format? Anyone see it in your area yet and if so what was the price? Get to try this year's?

https://lagunitas.com/beer/phase-change

2. joerooster

joerooster Initiate (60) May 15, 2018 Virginia

Don't care too much about the format change as long as the price per ounce stays the same, so if it was $10/sixer last year I hope the 4 pack of 16oz cans is $9. That said, I prefer 6 packs of 12 oz cans/bottles over 4 packs of 16oz cans, for any beer.

AmeriCanadian and GetMeAnIPA like this.
  3. BayAreaJoe

BayAreaJoe Savant (915) Nov 23, 2017 California
    Trader

It's all over the place out here, best price seen for the 4 pack is $11.

4. beaulabauve

beaulabauve Disciple (358) Aug 5, 2011 Louisiana

And by the way, one of the best ipas i had last year

5. donspublic

donspublic Poo-Bah (1,828) Aug 4, 2014 Texas
    Society Trader

Found the last 4 pack sitting on the shelf of a grocery store, $7.49. It only landed at a couple of places last year in Houston so I never had it. I will now be in search for this. Crap I just checked the Total Wine page and they are selling it for 13.99, not sure I like it that much, but I like it a lot.

6. BeastOfTheNortheast

BeastOfTheNortheast Devotee (437) Dec 26, 2009 Pennsylvania
    Trader

$11.99 plus tax for a 4 pack in Central PA. Wouldn't even buy it for $8 lol.

7. traction

traction Zealot (505) Dec 4, 2010 Georgia
    Society Trader

I looked at a couple Total Wines in my general area and it is $11.99 for the four pack and a couple stores have six packs of 12oz left from the last batch for $13.49

I'm rather disappointed they are still selling those 6 packs since this style obviously benefits from freshness. I've seen other smaller stores push old beer but Total Wine is usually pretty good about not doing so in my experience.

8. Giantspace

Giantspace Crusader (780) Dec 22, 2011 Pennsylvania

Never had it but won’t buy at that price either.

How they can charge the same price as Heady is crazy.

Enjoy

9. Obsidian81

Obsidian81 Initiate (53) Mar 3, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

I like it quite a bit. If I see it at a reasonable price, I’ll pick it up. I’m not a fan of the price increase in the format change.

10. unlikelyspiderperson

unlikelyspiderperson Meyvn (1,247) Mar 12, 2013 California
    Society Trader

9.99 for a 4 pack here. Seems priced inline with its competition. Don't think I've ever had the beer

11. WIexile

WIexile Initiate (77) Jul 20, 2017 Michigan

12.99 here this year. Over priced and overly sweet this year.