Dismiss Notice
Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Join us December 9th in Los Angeles for the ultimate throwdown of craft beer creativity!

Learn more...

Lamplighter Brewing

Discussion in 'New England' started by Manfrombelmonty, May 11, 2017.

1. Manfrombelmonty

Manfrombelmonty Initiate (161) Sep 12, 2010 Massachusetts

tasty tasty tasty.

Just grabbed a 4pk of their Birds of a Feather NEIPA. Lovely juicy hazy, everything you could ask for.
    Had their double last night. Don't recall the name but it was excellent too. More a traditional double IPA, less hazy but still a bit of the juice and a nice hop bite.

anyone tried theirs? Anything else I should look out for?

2. Phineasco

Phineasco Devotee (472) Sep 4, 2016 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

I haven't had all their offerings but Jackalope has been my favorite. juicy with fruity melon, cantaloupe, and bubblegum flavor. I wasn't that high in their sours and Brett beers, but I'm sure they will improve.

Manfrombelmonty likes this.
  3. Manfrombelmonty

Cheers. They had a sour in the store but I wasn't in the mood.

I think I had Stardust before also. Was a decent IPA.

Just had a Singlecut Are You Ready Steve after the Birds.

Birds wins. Hands down

4. ACJones119

ACJones119 Initiate (125) Jul 22, 2015 Massachusetts
    Industry

The double is So Much For Subtlety.

We stomped all over Jackalope Brewing Co.'s trademark with ... Jackalope - some bonehead (me) responsible for googling potential names forgot to do his job - so it is being re-released under the name Rabbit Rabbit a week from Monday.

Really glad you're enjoying and thanks for the kind words !

AC

5. KevTurnersBootburn

KevTurnersBootburn Initiate (134) Jan 19, 2014 Massachusetts

Really like the beers I have had from this brewery as well. Has gone on my "will try a 4 pack of any of them" brewery list along with Exhibit A

ACJones119 likes this.
  6. woodfinish

woodfinish Aspirant (201) Aug 24, 2005 Massachusetts

I'm looking forward to the next batch of Pressure Drop. Probably my favorite ~5%'er pale ale of the last year.

7. Larueminati

Larueminati Aspirant (226) Sep 3, 2016 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Another brewer in Mass? Haven't heard of these guys... pics look good.

ACJones119 likes this.
  8. Justin42

Justin42 Aspirant (278) Apr 3, 2013 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Great beers and really cool space, went for the first time a couple weeks ago.

ACJones119 likes this.
  9. Manfrombelmonty

Look forward to heading that way myself in the next few weeks.

Love the distribution map on the website. Helped me find a wee liquor store near me with a decent selection. Of course, I grabbed another couple of 4pks of Birds so as i can share the love

ACJones119 likes this.
  10. DrewLS

DrewLS Initiate (150) Oct 7, 2012 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

These guys are really dialed in right now. Their beer is really fantastic. I've enjoyed everything that I've had from them over the past couple of months.

StoutElk_92 likes this.
  11. mrz200

mrz200 Aspirant (219) Jul 11, 2013 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

had the porter this week, (werewolves of cambridge - great name & label), and had a fruity IPA a few months back.

I really like them & Exhibit A. good availability, reasonable price, and creative brewing. seems like even the 'standards' have some unique flavor or ingredient in them.

12. SunDevilBeer

SunDevilBeer Zealot (525) May 9, 2003 Massachusetts

Visited for the 1st time last week and was impressed. Lively, well-run place with friendly servers (a big plus for Camberville). Liked the local jerky maker and chocolatier selling/handing out samples on site. I'd go more often, but area is a real pain to park in as a non-resident of the area.

Would grab a 4-pack of any of their hoppy beers if/when I come across. Good luck to this place.

rhino88888888 and AlcahueteJ like this.
  13. woodfinish

woodfinish Aspirant (201) Aug 24, 2005 Massachusetts

I'm loving yesterday's batch of Rabbit Rabbit (née Jackalope).

If you told me I was drinking HF Society & Solitude #10 I wouldn't doubt you for a second.

At $15/4-pack it's a steal.

Gsulliv2 and ACJones119 like this.
  14. apollokim

apollokim Initiate (136) May 31, 2007 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

You'll be hearing from the attorneys for Rabbit Rabbit in the morning.

15. ACJones119

ACJones119 Initiate (125) Jul 22, 2015 Massachusetts
    Industry

Songs are OK - different categories. Lots of our beers are named after songs :slight_smile:

bostonwolf likes this.
  16. Manfrombelmonty

Just grabbed a 4 of Rabbit Rabbit. Really quite good. Little hot on the alcohol which leaves a bit of an aftertaste. . Reminds me of jigsaw jazz of which you get more for less. But still, very impressed with what they're doing

17. Manfrombelmonty

Mosaic hopped so much for subtlety. Man this is a good beer. Rides that perfect line between juicy, tropical and hoppy.

18. liquorpig

liquorpig Defender (635) Sep 6, 2008 Massachusetts
    Subscriber

Yikes!

• About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.