Latest Pipeworks Releases and Updates (2018)

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by Lansman, Jan 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Irishace9

Irishace9 Devotee (431) Sep 7, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

Anyone know the cost of bottles the lat time they released these?

2. kbergen28

kbergen28 Initiate (71) Jan 19, 2017 Illinois
    Trader

Pretty sure it was $18

eppie82 and Irishace9 like this.
  3. cryptichead

cryptichead Meyvn (1,471) Jul 3, 2014 Illinois
    Society Trader

The last BA variants they had at the Dojo (BA Abduction, Revival, etc) were $17 out the door

Irishace9 likes this.
  4. mbockstruck30

mbockstruck30 Disciple (310) Dec 31, 2010 Illinois
    Trader

These are all $17 as well, so seems they are sticking with that price point for all BA releases.

cryptichead likes this.
  5. Chris_H_2

Chris_H_2 Zealot (531) Jan 3, 2013 Illinois
    Society Trader

Never quoted myself ....

6. mbockstruck30

mbockstruck30 Disciple (310) Dec 31, 2010 Illinois
    Trader

$1 increase for BA Jones from last year? Fuck that, I'm cancelling my allotment. How do they expect one to feed one's family with these hikes?

PhilBallins, JulianC and FBarber like this.
  7. NOTpipeworks

NOTpipeworks Initiate (77) Jul 10, 2014 Illinois

yo yo...

allotments same for general public as for FWB and we'll sell to public starting today... sorry for any confusion... come get some beer today, tomorrow, today and tomorrow? take some of the heat off of the Saturday release...

correct, $17 across the board which includes 10.25% tax (so like $15.40 is the actual net cost).

Jones (Limit 3)
    Hyper (Limit 3)
    Over the Line (Limit 4)

still available from last stealth release...

The Revival
    Rohrwerker
    As You Wish

#6167 NOTpipeworks, Sep 28, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  8. Windsrfer2

Windsrfer2 Initiate (26) Jun 10, 2017 Illinois

Well this sure is a weekend game changer! See you tomorrow...

JulianC likes this.
  9. ISpendTooMuchOnBeer

ISpendTooMuchOnBeer Initiate (104) Oct 29, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

Walked in at 5:10 today. Zero souls in line. Walked out with 6 bottles of BBA jones/hyper goodness. Unbelievable. Never thought this would be possible.

Makubex, JLA1221 and FBarber like this.
  10. Quilentro

Quilentro Aspirant (297) May 12, 2017 Illinois
    Trader

Ditto. I hope to grab a drink with the cats!

Also - pipeworks folks, thanks to your team for putting out good beers. I'm glad you are in Chicago, and I appreciate you!

GuyFawkes likes this.
  11. Zoomslowik

Zoomslowik Disciple (314) Mar 17, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

I love stealth BA releases. Had to fill out the case while I was there. :grin:

joshdaut likes this.
  12. Irishace9

Trader

Anyone have experience how long the line has been on Saturday at open for past releases? Trying to decide between today at open or tomorrow at open. Cheers

13. Hoppity1

Hoppity1 Aspirant (239) Apr 25, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

The one time I got there before open on a Saturday had maybe 5 people in line before open.
    Last night at 830, only one person in front of us. PW has this BA release stuff down! No standing in line for hours for 1beer, or even getting shut out. Compared to the Mikerphone and More shitshows I read about... I'll pass on those and keep going to the Dojo!

kdawgmoney, Elldawg13, RS0924 and 5 others like this.
  14. Irishace9

Trader

That's awesome.

GuyFawkes likes this.
  15. cryptichead

Society Trader

Haven't experience a line over 5 people or so at PW.

migue81 and Irishace9 like this.
  16. cryptichead

Society Trader

According to the Dojo site, Reaper vs Unicorn and Raspberry Truffle Abduction are also available tomorrow.

I thought Galaxy Unicorn was going to be out as well. Anybody knows if there is anything new (besides BA stuff) in addition to these two?

17. croush

croush Crusader (770) Mar 20, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

I went to the Dojo around 6:30 and was pretty much in and out for my BA bottles. I spent more time deciding what I wanted than it took to get my stuff. Hadn't had Blood of the Unicorn in awhile, so grabbed some of that, as well as 2 day old NvU.

18. GuyFawkes

GuyFawkes Poo-Bah (4,497) Apr 7, 2011 Illinois
    Society Trader

Just popped in, was out the door in 5 minutes. Got to pet 2 cats. Heard DangerDoom on the speakers.

@NOTpipeworks you are doing this right. Bless you all.

19. Jd2391

Jd2391 Aspirant (289) Apr 5, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

Got there at 1:00 left 5 mins later with a few sample pours in my belly and a box full of goodness. In this day an age of beer i feel like I'm doing something wrong not standing in line for hours...i love you pipeworks!

20. kdawgmoney

kdawgmoney Initiate (97) Feb 14, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

Agreed. I went today at noon and it's so nice to be able to walk in and walk out with a couple of amazing BA stouts.

With how crazy beer releases can be these days, Pipeworks is a breath of fresh air. Cheers!

21. JJ_17

JJ_17 Initiate (194) Apr 22, 2014 Wisconsin
    Trader

Times like these make me wish I was closer to Chicago. Jealous!!!

GuyFawkes likes this.
  22. HazeBro83

HazeBro83 Initiate (99) Mar 14, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

Got my BA beers today as well. Waited 30 minutes though. Pretty slow process. If they ever had the crowds More or Mikerphone get for their stout releases it would be just as bad. #JustSayin

Not complaining about the 30 minutes though. To walk out with 6 great BA beers is amazing.

23. eastbayfunkdunk

eastbayfunkdunk Initiate (69) Jun 10, 2015 Minnesota
    Trader

, I'm in chi town and looking for a bottle of pipeworks "careful man there's a beverage" I'm a big lebowski fan. I checked Binnys near north already any place that might have bottles? Or is it dojo only? I'm downtown with no car and limited time thanks guys

24. PhilBallins

PhilBallins Aspirant (224) Nov 29, 2016 Illinois

It's not Dojo only, but it is at the Dojo along with the barrel aged version. If you can swing it the easiest thing would just be to make a trip over there

25. THANAT0PSIS

THANAT0PSIS Crusader (793) Aug 3, 2010 Wisconsin
    Trader

I would follow this advice. The barrel-aged version is called "Over the Line," and this release is supposed to be great. Go get both (and maybe the other two BA releases). The Dojo isn't really easy to get to, but it's worth your while.

GuyFawkes likes this.
  26. Nbrock24

Nbrock24 Disciple (373) Mar 11, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

Had a 1 oz pour today of Over the Line and it was quite good

GuyFawkes likes this.
  27. lloydboss

lloydboss Aspirant (294) May 9, 2014 Illinois
    Trader

made it to the dojo for the first time today, around 2. great experience, got to sample beers, talk with the 2 dudes working & walk out with 7 BA beers plus 5 day old Glaucus & 3 day old NvU!

I popped next door to Off Color after that, if you go to the dojo don't sleep on stopping by their bottle shop too. Got a bottle of BA Growl & 4 pack of Aqua Predator, both released this week.

in & out of both spots in 25 minutes combined, no hassles & great beer! they are both definitely doing it right!

28. NOTpipeworks

NOTpipeworks Initiate (77) Jul 10, 2014 Illinois

We actually keep tabs on wait times and average a little better than a customer a minute which we think is pretty good for getting a couple samples as well. So as a rule of thumb for us, if there’s 15 people in line ahead of you, you can guess that you’ll wait 15 minutes from the time you get in line to the time you check out.

There was a time today the register went down and there was a standstill which I’m guessing you might have been caught up in.

And we purposely do stealth releases to avoid the crazy crowds and lines. If we had massive lines, yes we would have to rethink the process to speed it up, but that would be a worse experience for the customer overall.

Thanks for being patient, your extended wait is not typical for us. We do need a better back up system for the register.

29. navaja

navaja Initiate (47) Jan 11, 2017 Illinois
    Trader

Thank you for having the most humble brewery in Chicago and some of the best BA options around. Great customer experience

30. kdawgmoney

kdawgmoney Initiate (97) Feb 14, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

100% agreed. Having a 2016 winter BA Jones Dog right now, and I can't wait to dig into the bottles I got today. Just an outstanding beer. Big thanks to Pipeworks. You guys are awesome. Cheers!

FBarber likes this.
  31. dpittnet

dpittnet Initiate (103) Dec 6, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

Gotta comend the smoothness of everything. Showed up around 12:30 on Sat and was the only one there. Enjoyed a couple of samples and some small talke and was in and out very quickly. Love how friendly the staff is also.

32. JLA1221

JLA1221 Initiate (193) Oct 19, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

Went Saturday around 4pm. No line. Picked up 9 bottles including some non-BAs and tried Hyper and Jones on tap. Both very good. What a relief and pleasure to pick up some outstanding beer without tickets, lines or sunburn. Guy behind the counter was great to chat with as well. Only downside was I only saw one cat so am feeling a bit cheated.

33. fmd

fmd Initiate (75) Nov 30, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

I'll be that guy, even though I'm pretty sure the answer is yes given the generous limits...

Think these still available on Thursday?

Jason1221 and jaysker95 like this.
  34. Quilentro

Quilentro Aspirant (297) May 12, 2017 Illinois
    Trader

Yep, I think so. People usually post here if they're low/gone. Good luck!

Jason1221, NOTpipeworks and GuyFawkes like this.
  35. fmd

fmd Initiate (75) Nov 30, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

Thanks! Was out of town this weekend, hoping BA Growl still available, too. Really enjoy the normal version so can't wait to try it!

NOTpipeworks likes this.
  36. Acschoen

Acschoen Initiate (64) Jan 22, 2015 Illinois

Super easy in and out for me as well on Saturday. Got a few bottles of the Hyper Dog and the local option BA Barleywine. Has that been there for a while? It is really good.

NOTpipeworks likes this.
  37. GuyFawkes

GuyFawkes Poo-Bah (4,497) Apr 7, 2011 Illinois
    Society Trader

Yep, the Local Option collab has been there for weeks now.

NOTpipeworks likes this.
  38. doublevision

doublevision Initiate (104) Sep 8, 2014 Illinois
    Trader

Sure hope this makes it to saturday. Any chance that will happen?

39. Bbear

Bbear Initiate (155) Oct 26, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

Chances are high as others have alluded their last batch of BA beers lasted weeks, some for months.

40. FBarber

FBarber Poo-Bah (3,168) Mar 5, 2016 Illinois
    Society Trader

I will just say, BA Hyper Dog was the only BA release thus far that sold out "quickly" and it was there for maybe two weeks? BA Jones Dog lasted a while longer.

croush likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.