Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Latest Pipeworks Releases and Updates

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by Lansman, Jul 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lansman

Lansman Mar 19, 2011 Missouri
    Beer Trader

<Page 57>

In an attempt to consolidate all Pipeworks-related discussion, please resume BA-acceptable commenting here.

Recommendation: Please refer to the Pipeworks upcoming second chance FwB opportunity as SS. Hopefully that helps keep the thread alive.

Pipeworks likes this.
  2. CityofBals

CityofBals Sep 12, 2012 Illinois

is this where fwb and backers becomes reserve society and hoarders club?

3. Hugonaut13

Hugonaut13 Nov 29, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

4. sidetracked

sidetracked Nov 9, 2009 Illinois

The old thread was most likely closed because it was an "all inclusive thread" that was "hard for people searching for specific information." See the announcements forum. :(

5. Lansman

Beer Trader

I get it, that makes total sense to have 200 Three Floyds threads floating around. That makes searching for things a lot easier.

The point of this thread isn't too be the "all-inclusive Pipeworks thread," the point is to inform the community in one place of the latest PW releases and tasting room updates instead of having 300 different threads everytime a new release or update was announced to the public. Additionally, the thread acts as a one-stop shop for brewery representatives to answer questions about recent releases.

ravot likes this.
  6. sidetracked

You mean you don't see the benefit in having a new thread about the new bottle caps, another about what's fwb last week, another about what's fwb this week, another asking when citra ninja is coming out next, another about Vav's kiwis, etc?

jplopez21, Grohnke and kawilliams81 like this.
  7. kawilliams81

kawilliams81 Feb 27, 2009 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Really? calling the new backers sloppy seconds may have got this thread shut down? I hope the bros aren't that sensitive.

Pipeworks likes this.
  8. Infinite1

Infinite1 Jul 2, 2010 Illinois
    Beer Trader

I don't care what it's called I just want to be able to be a backer

Pipeworks and jplopez21 like this.
  9. vasinger

vasinger Sep 28, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

It would be nice if a mod could state "we are locking this thread because..." before locking it. That way it could be prevented in the future.

Pipeworks and hannydawg like this.
  10. kawilliams81

Beer Trader

That would only make sense, so that won't happen.

Pipeworks likes this.
  11. stevegoz

stevegoz May 5, 2008 Illinois
    Beer Trader

It may've been the references to Vav's kiwis.

funhog and fastenoughforphish like this.
  12. Grohnke

Grohnke Sep 15, 2009 Illinois

found this on the announcements page, so maybe the closing has nothig to do with the sloppy seconds or SS.

As a reminder, please note that general or all inclusive threads are not allowed. They just turn into a mess and make it hard for people searching for specific information; as they have to sift through pages of old posts, side conversations or irrelevant banter. Examples, but not limited to: "What's new in (state)?" or "The (brewery) thread."

13. Vav

Vav Jul 27, 2008 Illinois

Over moderation is a detriment to discussion.

14. Grohnke

Would love a individual thread about vav's kiwis

edit ahh sh*t, that would be all inclusive :mad:............i think?o_O

Pipeworks likes this.
  15. spicoli00

spicoli00 Jul 6, 2005 Indiana

Speaking of, when is the next FwB release? saw that EoD was bottled again a few days ago too, is this on the shelves?

16. maximthegreat

maximthegreat Feb 13, 2013 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Well this explains the lack of alerts from Pipeworks thread in the last 24hrs.

17. kawilliams81

Beer Trader

So what,we have to start a thread every week when new beers come out? #Dumbrules

18. Grohnke

exactly, Ill toss up a "whats the next pipeworks beer coming out?" and you toss up a "What hops are used in Pipeworks NvU" thread, perfect sense...

Pipeworks and kawilliams81 like this.
  19. burica2020

burica2020 Nov 17, 2009 Illinois

So this is why when I was chit chattin with a bunch of Danish RB'ers that laughed at the over moderation on BA. Wait keep it on topic.....how about a low abv beer called moderation vs. unicorn.

beardown2489 likes this.
  20. spicoli00

they did do the patersbier collab with 18th street, brotherhood, that was 4.5%. it was great if you didn't get to try it. guessing it would go down so easy right now...wait, are we talking about beer?

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/28178/88640

Pipeworks likes this.
  21. mykey120

mykey120 Aug 13, 2012 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

I hope this one lasts another 57 pages! its so convenient to just check this thread and see whats coming out and what is out and everything else. Keep doing what you are doing pw you rock! So will info be posted here when its available for the ss?

22. Lansman

Beer Trader

Safe to assume, pending deletion of this thread, that SS info will be released here as well as concurrently through social media platforms.

23. mtskier

mtskier Feb 23, 2013 Illinois
    Beer Trader

As far as SS/FWB, is there pickup at the suburban Binnys? I live in Skokie so obviously thats my local one, heading into the city isnt exactly convenient. But if I could get em at the Skokie one I'd be all about throwing in my 75.

24. kawilliams81

Beer Trader

Only at vav's and wlv now because they don't have a bottle shop. Not sure if you will be able to pick up fwb/ss anywhere other than their brewpub once it opens.

25. mtskier

mtskier Feb 23, 2013 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Damn. Ok, good to know. Still would be worth it for access to the BA stuff!

26. beardown2489

beardown2489 Oct 5, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Looks like i gotta move to the ciity... damn.

But it has to be done!

kawilliams81 likes this.
  27. fastenoughforphish

fastenoughforphish Nov 14, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Need me some pipeworks in my belly. Need to be on SS.

Pipeworks likes this.
  28. OPSippin

OPSippin Sep 18, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

I wouldn't mind a thread that only PW reps could post to. I like to be alerted to new beers from PW. I don't need to hear 27 people comment on whether they're happy, upset or whatever by those announcements. It renders monitoring the thread obsolete.

Pipeworks likes this.
  29. jaminjohnson

jaminjohnson Jul 3, 2012 Yukon (Canada)

Will there be SS arm bands for the members?

jmgrub, pudgym29, ravot and 9 others like this.
  30. spicoli00

looks like strong mike has been diligent with updating the bottling dates.

http://www.pipeworksbrewing.net/#!__master-page-1/when-bottled

Pipeworks likes this.
  31. Infinite1

Infinite1 Jul 2, 2010 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Just picked up a couple of the NvU and Coffee Abduc.. Need that for this weekend

Pipeworks likes this.
  32. mjohnson17

mjohnson17 Apr 29, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Rainblows likes this.
  33. sidetracked

I'd gladly build them a new non-flash site in exchange for beer.

pudgym29, Nachos4two, mtskier and 2 others like this.
  34. anticipation23

anticipation23 May 2, 2013 Wisconsin

QFT.

35. sidetracked

I have a friend that could help with that too. ;)

36. thetomG

thetomG Feb 17, 2010 Illinois

Agreed - this would be useful... Which means it will probably never happen here... ZING!

On the flipside though, it could be argued that if you want that specific info all the time just bookmark their webpage, follow on facebook, etc... as those are the more standard direct lines of communication between business and consumer....

37. Rainblows

Rainblows Feb 27, 2013 Illinois

+1 I'm on my iPhone always and can't keep up via their flash website :( the pipeworks thread is (was) the only thing on all of BA I have bookmarked so I can keep tabs! Hopefully they let this one ride again. I thought the last thread was really helpful (ok, more than my fill of SS remarks but still!)

Kubrickx likes this.
  38. Vav

Vav Jul 27, 2008 Illinois

Boy, you know, it's really hot outside. I really hope they're releasing a beer soon with a light body and lots of citrus to quench my thirst!

39. crossovert

crossovert Mar 29, 2009 Illinois

Yeah some close encounter will really hit the spot. :p

stevegoz and Vav like this.
  40. Lansman

Beer Trader

July 22, 2013 Update

This week brings the return of a few old friends.

Unicorn's Revenge makes it's triumphant return. We loaded this Imperial IPA with juicy southern hemisphere hops. It is one of our favorites and it is perfect for summer sipping. 10.0% ABV, $10.99, 22oz bottle.

A new batch of Coffee Break Abduction has also been hitting shelves. This is our big imperial stout brewed with Ipsento coffee and vanilla beans. 10.0% ABV, $10.99, 22oz bottle.

Last but certainly not least is a new batch of End of Days, our play on an alcoholic Mexican hot chocolate. This beer begins life with a milk stout base then we add cacao nibs, cinnamon, vanilla beans and Ancho and Guajillo chilies to create a rich, smooth and spicy sensory experience. 8.5% ABV, $8.99, 22oz bottle.

Unicorn's Revenge is available for Friend's With Benefits pick-up at Binny's Lincoln Park and West Lakeview Liquors. Coffee Break Abduction and End of Days are available on shelves for general sale.

Cheers,
    P-Dubs

Non-Pipeworks Announcement Addendum: Still waiting on news of a potential Pipeworks Pumpkin varietal. One can continue to hold out hope - the time quickly approaches as to get something in the tanks for release this year at an appropriate time. (July-August is not the appropriate time to release fall seasonals, though some producers believe otherwise I suppose).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe