Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Latest Pipeworks Releases and Updates

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by Lansman, May 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justyouraveragebeerguy

justyouraveragebeerguy Feb 5, 2013 Illinois

Its at the beer temple

2. SaulTBauls

SaulTBauls Mar 22, 2013 Iowa
    Beer Trader

So that Coffee Break that delayed an engagement...had some funky flavors too it. It was like licking metal tart. I was pretty bummed. It was batch 72, i still have a few more from that batch. Hope they aren't all that way :/.

3. pmoney

pmoney Apr 15, 2011 Illinois
    Beer Trader

I just drank a batch 72 a few days ago and it was fantastic.

jebsinger likes this.
  4. spicoli00

spicoli00 Jul 6, 2005 Indiana

Batch #112 was the titty sprinkles

Bildo, timmi, awdturboiv and 6 others like this.
  5. mbockstruck30

mbockstruck30 Dec 31, 2010 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Both of my 72s have been amazing. Looking forward to the titty sprinkles batch.

6. tinypyramids

tinypyramids Jul 19, 2012 Illinois

had a 72 and thought it had too much coffee. was otherwise tasty.

7. maximthegreat

maximthegreat Feb 13, 2013 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Too much coffee? Is that even possible? I honestly have not had a beer yet that made me think, "this has too much coffee." And yes....I am an addict.

NSK79, Bay01 and jebsinger like this.
  8. Bay01

Bay01 Nov 19, 2008 Illinois

This counts as an endorsement of the beer for me

PDZ, Dontcounttoday, dlello2 and 2 others like this.
  9. 1up

1up Mar 5, 2013 District of Columbia

Blood of the Unicorn is one of my favorite beers. Only had it once on a trip to Chicago. I think it was the first or second batch ever brewed. Fell in love with that beer. How do you get West Lakeview to ship out of the area? The website says they are still redesigning their website. Wish I had a Pipeworks here in DC, hehe. When I was at WLV the guys that work there were telling me how the Pipeworks dudes met each other at the store. Don't remember the full details.

Rainblows likes this.
  10. Vav

Vav Jul 27, 2008 Illinois

Just FYI, i've been delayed in selling Cascade Ninja & Murderous...the store was hit by lightning last night and, aside from blowing a chunk off of the roof, it also took out our phones and internal servers. Internet just went back up, but i cant communicate with the home office computer to update the store's inventory/pricing...which means i cant sell'em yet.

11. JRBecks

JRBecks Apr 3, 2012 Illinois

once everything is updated will these be FwB or avail to the general public?

12. ravot

ravot Mar 20, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Ohboy.gif
    Does that mean there's going to be another vav wet box cellar sale?

13. spicoli00

Where's the fwb email about cascade ninja? Can we pick this up?

14. powz87

powz87 Jan 18, 2012 Illinois

Did you canoe into work today vav?

brewconnoisseur and jebsinger like this.
  15. Vav

Ok we're good to go here. FwB only 'til Monday.

16. fastenoughforphish

fastenoughforphish Nov 14, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

That's just the universes way of saying "don't delay love for some beer bro" ;)

SaulTBauls likes this.
  17. kawilliams81

kawilliams81 Feb 27, 2009 Illinois
    Beer Trader

I haven't seen a email yet either. Kind of sucks that I was downtown this morning and had no clue CN was even at Vav's yet! Hopefully I can get in by Monday.

18. kawilliams81

Beer Trader

Seems like a short window.

19. Vav

I'm guessing most FwB have got their allocation from WLV by now, since they got theirs in Tuesday and we've been unable to sell it.

Am i incorrect?

20. spicoli00

No FwB email went out. I pickup at the Binny's Marcie St. drop off, but haven't been over there to see if they have it.

21. danimalarkey

danimalarkey Mar 3, 2008 Illinois

Before your comment about not being able to sell it, I didn't even know that you had to (not) sell. Best I can tell, there's nothing via facebook/twitter/direct emails about either of their new beers coming out. Last time I asked someone about when Pipeworks stuff usually shows up at the Binny's - River North store, the answer was, "Who knows?" I tend to rely on their emails to know when something is new/available.

22. Wseitz

Wseitz Apr 25, 2010 Illinois

Check your inbox. It showed up in mine about 30 seconds ago.

23. spicoli00

FwB email just dropped...squeaky wheel gets the grease i guess. Thanks P-dubs!

24. pmoney

pmoney Apr 15, 2011 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Where is Lansman?!?!?!? :D

25. danimalarkey

Already in line for DLD, disrepectin' up the place like mad!

26. ravot

ravot Mar 20, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

anyone stop by binny's on grand and happen to see what was available by PW, specifically the latest releases?

27. sacullen

sacullen Oct 14, 2008 Illinois

You know where I rather spend my money.

28. zieglemt

zieglemt Apr 25, 2011 Illinois
    Beer Trader

From the email:
    Pretty interesting...looks like PW is movin on up. Wonder where.

ETA: Map of ward 32: http://ward32.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/NEW_WARD32_Map.pdf

29. mbockstruck30

mbockstruck30 Dec 31, 2010 Illinois
    Beer Trader

very near

30. Vav

Gotcha, well cool then. I'll wait 'til Thursday to release'em to the world then.

timmx and kawilliams81 like this.
  31. kawilliams81

Beer Trader

Thanks Vav, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

32. ChefBergo

ChefBergo Nov 9, 2011 Illinois

Was finally able to try some Raspberry Truffle Abduction last night....wow! Wish the nearest store selling Pipeworks wasn't 40 minutes from my house. We also blended 1/3 RTA to 2/3 Coffee Abduction and it turned out quite tasty, give it a shot if you want to experiment a bit :)

spicoli00 likes this.
  33. danimalarkey

Life's a Cabernet (off North Ave., just East of Damen) had both of the new releases as of yesterday afternoon. They also had just about the highest prices I've seen for a Pipeworks bomber outside of Andersonville Wine & Spirits. $13.65 after tax for the Cascade Ninja (I would have gone to Binnys if I had the time). It seems they're taking the 'suggested' part of MSRP quite literally!

34. aparoche

aparoche Oct 23, 2009 Illinois

Blood of the Unicorn is the best hoppy imperial red out there in my opinion. Ninja vs. Unicorn is also an amazing DIPA. The only thing stopping me from drinking Pipeworks all the time is that it is only in bombers and $10 bucks a bomber is a bit too pricey.

35. JakeT469

JakeT469 Jan 13, 2012 Colorado

^def this^ love me some Pipeworks but gets to be a little to much for me at times. Especially at $10.99 for some of their IPA/DIPA and other higher abv offerings.

36. Nachos4two

Nachos4two Nov 26, 2011 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Rumor has it they are moving to expand and also "canning" at least that's what a bird is singing. Lets hope it's true.

37. tinypyramids

tinypyramids Jul 19, 2012 Illinois

we already know the moving to expand is true as they've talked numerous times about their new brewhouse, but i haven't heard anything about canning. would be really nice as i love lots of pipeworks brews but they're just not cheap enough for regular drinking. NvU out of a can would be so awesome.

rmalinowski4, wyatt13 and Nachos4two like this.
  38. Drucifer

Drucifer Apr 16, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

I also heard they were going to be canning at the new facility.

39. Pipeworks

Pipeworks May 28, 2009 Illinois

new brewhouse does not equal new facility. new brewhouse is going to allow us to stop brewing 4 times a week double batching... it'll give us some breathing room to focus on all that other stuff we should be doing like answering e-mails. all we are doing with that is replacing our psychobrew 2-4 barrel system with a 10 bbl system.

so what you are saying is like... if we put beer in a can... you would buy the shit out of it? interesting idea ;-)

40. trbergman

trbergman Nov 17, 2006 Illinois

Glaucus, please!

Etan, rmalinowski4 and Pipeworks like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe