Lawsons 7th Anniversary Party

Discussion in 'New England' started by Lamnic, Mar 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elvisdoc

elvisdoc Aspirant (257) Jul 16, 2010 Florida
    Trader

Translation: The 'FreshTix' server in some guy's basement in Mississippi blew the circuit breaker.

2. youbrewidrink

youbrewidrink Initiate (0) Apr 9, 2009 Vermont
    Deactivated

Don't worry about that slacker.

3. Tine802

Tine802 Initiate (196) Jun 21, 2014 Vermont
    Trader

It will be interesting to see how they handle all the people with duplicate entries. For instance I got two confirmation numbers and two emails with tickets for the 3 pm session. I assume this happened to several people.

4. Tine802

Trader

Never mind.

Lawson's Finest‏@LawsonsFinest 5 minutes ago

We are deleting duplicate ticket orders for LFL beer lovers mkt. Will keep one per person/per name and resend good ticket by email.

5. Ilovelampandbeer

Ilovelampandbeer Initiate (0) Aug 25, 2013 New York

I don't think it was bots...I think it was a crappy server combined with people reclicking over and over making duplicate entries

6. sandman3479

sandman3479 Initiate (0) Dec 8, 2006 Connecticut

Sent you a Private Message.

7. sandman3479

I'll take this new system any day over waking up at 4am to stand in a line for 3 or 4 hours. They just need a better server or provider.

To blame Lawson's Finest, Sean himself, or @youbrewidrink is asinine.

8. OrangeAmps

OrangeAmps Initiate (0) Dec 25, 2010 Massachusetts

Anyone been able to get one of the tickets that have been released since they went and began eliminating duplicate purchases? Or should I just stop trying?

9. owend

owend Initiate (0) Aug 31, 2009 New Hampshire

I was able to score one about 15 minutes ago. They have changed the Freshtix website from "sold out" to "no longer available" FWIW

10. sandman3479

My buddy scored about 15 minutes ago too. 3-4 session.

11. Jmonah3

Jmonah3 Initiate (0) Nov 3, 2014 New York

Just scored about 5 minutes ago with a Group 1 session. What an absolute fiasco this morning. I feel bad for Lawsons with how many disgruntled emails I'm sure they received.

sandman3479 likes this.
  12. Ilovelampandbeer

Ilovelampandbeer Initiate (0) Aug 25, 2013 New York

I'm considering holding off on releases like this that are outside of New York from now on...You locals in Vermont must hate the fact that you can't get beer from your own backyard...I'd be LIVID

13. TheSevenDuffs

TheSevenDuffs Initiate (0) Jan 20, 2010 Canada (ON)

For those who went last year - are the draft pours that you can get at the market during your session full pints or tasters? The info on the web site isn't clear on this. Thanks.

14. youbrewidrink

Deactivated

They have been full pours in the past (plastic cups, not sure how many ounces), I am guessing it will be the same this year.

sandman3479 likes this.
  15. TheSevenDuffs

TheSevenDuffs Initiate (0) Jan 20, 2010 Canada (ON)

Thanks. Given that we can only be there for the hour that is our session and part of that will be lining up and purchasing beer, probably isn't much time to try more than one, maybe 2 different beers.

16. Tine802

Trader

In the past how much have the drafts cost? I went two years ago but I don't remember what they were charging.

17. Jbrews

Jbrews Aspirant (275) Aug 6, 2013 New Hampshire

More and more people are starting to see this...

18. youbrewidrink

Deactivated

We see alot of great local stuff on draft and have the same opportunity to purchase bottles as everyone else.

I am not of the entitled mentallity, of course I would love easier access, but that just not the fair way to do things.

jjnasty, NickDrista, elvisdoc and 2 others like this.
  19. lyoung8

lyoung8 Initiate (114) Dec 17, 2011 New York
    Trader

Any word on Fayston bottle counts? Trying to gauge whether or not the other beers will sell out before they get through the first session...

20. Jmonah3

Lawsons posted on the site that they have enough Triple and SOS for everyone in attendance to get full allotments. They have enough allotments of the variants for everyone in the first 2 sessions to get full allotments and that they expect them to all sell out somewhere in the 3rd session.

TheSevenDuffs likes this.
  21. Jmonah3

"We have enough beer so that ALL additional bottle varities on our list will be available for purchase for all of Group 1 and Group 2 and most of Group 3, even if everyone buys the maximum limit. Everyone who registers and receives a ticket (Group 1-Group 4) will have the opportunity to purchase up to 2 bottles of Triple Sunshine IPA and up to a full case of Sip of Sunshine IPA, as well as any of the draft beers!"

22. lyoung8

lyoung8 Initiate (114) Dec 17, 2011 New York
    Trader

Ah! I didn't read carefully enough but I see it now... thanks for the info!

Jmonah3 likes this.
  23. DrunkyBuddha

DrunkyBuddha Initiate (0) Jul 3, 2014 Connecticut

They should've had equal allotments for all 4 sessions.

24. sandman3479

From what I've gathered, Mad Taco (about 1/2 mile down the road) will have a few Lawson's lines on and a special cask (according to the announcement)

youbrewidrink and mynie like this.
  25. Jmonah3

If that's the case, then I'm probably just going to have a Triple Sun and a Rum aged Fayston at the market.

sandman3479 likes this.
  26. elvisdoc

elvisdoc Aspirant (257) Jul 16, 2010 Florida
    Trader

That is a great plan. :wink:

27. 1BeerToRuleThemAll

1BeerToRuleThemAll Initiate (0) Feb 23, 2014 Vermont

Has anyone that had duplicate tickets get their new ticket yet?

28. mynie

mynie Poo-Bah (4,266) Jun 22, 2004 Maryland
    Society

Just scored a ticket to the 7 PM Ball: big thanks to normanburner!

I'm still looking for a place to stay that's either on the shuttle line or within stumbling distance of the Valley Players Theater. If anyone wants to meet up beforehand and crack open a few bottles, lemme know. I'll bring some stuff from the midwest.

29. chickenwing

chickenwing Initiate (0) Mar 9, 2014 California

I sent an email to them with both confirmation numbers and they just told me which to keep!

30. SouthOrangeJuice

SouthOrangeJuice Initiate (0) Feb 22, 2014 Connecticut

JMonah: where did they post that info? Haven't seen that on the site/FB/Twitter. Thanks!

31. owend

owend Initiate (0) Aug 31, 2009 New Hampshire

Several local restaurants will be joining us in the celebration, each serving multiple Lawson’s Finest drafts and a special offering! At the Mad Taco in Waitsfield, we are tapping a cask of the Permagrin Rye Pale Ale; at the Prohibition Pig in Waterbury we are featuring our collaboration brew Reverse Whirlpool IPA, and at the Worthy Burger in South Royalton we are featuring a special Lawson’s Burger.

32. sandman3479

I might be down for that. Shoot me a PM.

33. Jmonah3

About the varitants for the sessions? It's on the freshtix site when clicking the link from lawsons about where to get tickets.

TravlynMan likes this.
  34. Crafty99

Crafty99 Initiate (0) Mar 3, 2013 Massachusetts

Will the other vendors at the market be available to people that don't have a ticket? I am sure they would like the business

35. Burntfoot

Burntfoot Initiate (0) Jan 28, 2015 New Jersey

any guesses on the amount of tix for each session... I would guess nothing to crazy since they have to fill everyone's order in a hour.

36. iwantmorehops

iwantmorehops Initiate (0) Sep 25, 2010 Vermont

The ones that are outside will be!

37. youbrewidrink

Deactivated

Not sure, but it's limited by building ocupancy and the space taken up by vendors.

sandman3479 likes this.
  38. youbrewidrink

Deactivated

duchessedubourg and sandman3479 like this.
  39. sandman3479

40. Burntfoot

Burntfoot Initiate (0) Jan 28, 2015 New Jersey

leaving work in a couple hours to start the trip up .. can't wait!! :grinning:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.