Le Bleu release date announced.

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by fmccormi, Mar 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WagonCircler

WagonCircler Zealot (599) May 15, 2011 New York

I almost got to the front of the building

2. suspect

suspect Savant (1,079) Apr 12, 2010 New York

Dammit...how crappy. Last year it was available for 2 months. Brute was available for 6 weeks. 2 hours? What a crock.

3. codyace

codyace Initiate (0) Oct 8, 2008 Pennsylvania

It is amazing how 'sour' some people are over this...especially when the only fault of the day was their own lack of self motivation to get there early and in line, as well as their reliance upon assumptions.

For anyone to cry/moan/complain that they didn't get ANY because they chose to show up at 10:30 is their own darn fault. Not mine, not IBC, not anyone's...only their own. I live 150 miles away (my other friends 200+, and 300+), and we got there 2 hours before they opened, with only a few people ahead of us. Even as close as an hour before opening time, there were still easily enough cases left to support the line, assuming everyone was getting the full case.

Sure, they could have limited the bottles to people...heck, I would have been perfectly content (and made the same effort to get there) with 6 bottles...but in the grand scheme of things why should they? All that does is reward the knuckleheads who did not take proactive measures to get there early. I mean, just think about it logically...does a restaurant cut their last steak in half because two people want it? Does Home Depot split the last 2x4 up because others need it?...

Only issue was the slow the single register...but with that said, I do not think that Ithaca could have predicted such a line/demand either.

Bottom line is, 'The early bird gets the worm'; I wanted LeBlue, and made the effort to secure myself an entire case.

4. eyeenjoybeer

eyeenjoybeer Initiate (0) Feb 18, 2011 Seychelles

You are a
    You are the superior beer accumulator. Congratulations.

5. xenjoiii

xenjoiii Pundit (871) Jul 24, 2010 New York
    Trader

After all, they specifically stated in their press release that the bottles would be distributed on a "first come, first serve" basis. Why not try to get there first? I made the drive up from Long Island, NY and was on the road at 2am. My friend and I ended up being #3/#4 in line. The results?[​IMG]

Skye1024 likes this.
  6. WagonCircler

^just had to have one on the ride home

Skye1024 likes this.
  7. ThoreauLikeAGirl

ThoreauLikeAGirl Initiate (0) Mar 11, 2011 Pennsylvania

inbox assplodes in t minus 1 second...

8. WagonCircler

come next year. i will bring 100 friends and we will be first through 100 in line.

in the grand scheme of things, why shouldnt they?

9. tylermains

tylermains Initiate (0) Apr 6, 2010 Kentucky

Anyone tried this batch yet? I had last batch and really wasn't impressed. It was good, but it almost seemed goopey. Weird mouthfeel. Brute had a wonderful spritz that blew LeBleu out of the water. I know, they are very different beers.

10. xenjoiii

Trader

There won't be Le Bleu next year; at least thats what the rumor is.

11. WagonCircler

That rumor is false

sliverX likes this.
  12. sliverX

sliverX Initiate (0) Oct 5, 2007 S. Georgia & S. Sandwich Isls.

Was told its already in barrels, as we were told it was all gone. The full flight taster and glass at horseheads was nice and only $3.

13. xenjoiii

Trader

Good to know. Looks like I will be leaving at 1am next year.

14. sliverX

sliverX Initiate (0) Oct 5, 2007 S. Georgia & S. Sandwich Isls.

We could almost touch the door...

15. bentonquest

bentonquest Initiate (0) Jan 19, 2012 New York

Was inside the brewery when the last case got opened and split into individual bottles. In the melee I was able to grab a couple. It was pretty disheartening to see people earlier in the line walk out with a full case plus a few loose bottles. I am disappointed in the way the brewery handled it, especially when the staff pulled up at 10 and saw the line was way beyond what they had in cases to sell, but I am pretty happy to have something to show for my day as many others walked out pretty irritated.

16. axeman9182

axeman9182 Initiate (0) Aug 5, 2009 New Jersey

I'm home after driving 3.5 hours each way, only to get shut out. My problem with today's release is this: The number of cases I've heard tossed around here on BA for previous years' releases of Lebleu was 170-175. The number of cases I heard were being made available this morning after I got online was 100. Ithaca was releasing almost 50% less Lebleu than normal, and they didn't think to maybe put a note in about there being a bit less Lebleu to go around than usual. I would have left earlier if I knew there was going to be so much less than previous years.

17. ThoreauLikeAGirl

ThoreauLikeAGirl Initiate (0) Mar 11, 2011 Pennsylvania

they did mention it prior to the release. numerous times. on facebook, etc.

18. axeman9182

axeman9182 Initiate (0) Aug 5, 2009 New Jersey

If they did then I retract what I said. I know it wasn't in the original announcement about the release date (they called it "limited in quantity", but didn't say anything about there being less than other years), and I never saw them say that anywhere else.

19. codyace

codyace Initiate (0) Oct 8, 2008 Pennsylvania

Maybe if the rest of these crybags got their head out of the sand they'd recognize that they were their own worst enemy. Again, the information was all out there...it's not like this was secret by any degree. I know I may come off as some sort of beer snob dbag with these comments, but I get fired up at all of the complaining over how 'they think' things should have went. Not everyone who plays wins...

(edited)

20. WagonCircler

I'm at an ithaca tap takeover and they got a case here...39 bucks...I'm going to pull the trigger but normaly would laugh at that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.