Le Terroir (2013) in Seattle?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by distantmantra, Sep 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. distantmantra

distantmantra Savant (967) May 23, 2011 Washington
    Beer Trader

Anyone know when this will hit distro here in Seattle? It's been too long since I've had this beer and need a fix soon.

2. whiskey

whiskey Aspirant (270) Feb 25, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

Local alehouse here is Spokane just got a keg so I imagine Seattle will get it.

3. distantmantra

Beer Trader

We'll get it, I'm just impatient. This is one of my favorite beers of all time. I need it in my veins now.

duketheredeemer likes this.
  4. whiskey

Beer Trader

Yeah, misread your post. Read "if" instead of "when" for some reason.

5. harrymel

harrymel Initiate (0) Dec 15, 2010 Washington

buddy of mine got two growlers of it for $15 each. Every so often, I'm really pleased to live in Spokane.

6. whiskey

Beer Trader

Where would I find such a deal?

checktherhyme likes this.
  7. harrymel

harrymel Initiate (0) Dec 15, 2010 Washington

Waddell's.

whiskey likes this.
  8. BabyTree

BabyTree Initiate (198) Dec 16, 2011 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Anyone see this around Seattle yet, or know when it's supposed to hit?

9. t4h2c0

t4h2c0 Initiate (64) Jun 5, 2007 Washington

my friend picked up a bottle at beer junction in west seattle this weekend but not sure how much if any is left. Call around

10. distantmantra

Beer Trader

It's on tap at Brouwers and on-deck at Uber, but I haven't seen any bottles in North Seattle.

11. checktherhyme

checktherhyme Aspirant (261) Apr 8, 2008 Washington

It's at JB's in Spokane if anyone cares. 7.99 per bottle. I picked up 4, but there was lots left.

12. distantmantra

Beer Trader

$7.99? I remember it being $15 last time.

13. checktherhyme

checktherhyme Aspirant (261) Apr 8, 2008 Washington

I think I paid around 8 last time, but I'm not sure. It was 3 years ago now. Either way, I was a little suprised at the price as well, because La Folie goes for 12 here and Le Terroir is so much better.

distantmantra likes this.
  14. Lazerlobe

Lazerlobe Aspirant (262) Mar 1, 2010 Washington
    Beer Trader

They goofed on the UPC this year and accidentally priced it like their lower tier beers. It is supposed to be much higher priced!

15. fsck

fsck Initiate (0) Apr 13, 2013 Washington
    Beer Trader

Well is it in Seattle shops yet?

16. distantmantra

Beer Trader

Beer Junction got it on Saturday, but haven't heard of anyone else yet.

fsck likes this.
  17. fsck

Beer Trader

Really wish shops would start using more friendly websites. I'm guessing Beer Junction adds that to their stock on the computers, why not automatically update the website with added stock?

18. draheim

draheim Poo-Bah (2,400) Sep 18, 2010 Washington
    Beer Trader

They're actually one of the better stores in this regard. They don't update the site, but they send out a weekly email (every Thursday generally) with a list of new deliveries—although Le Terroir wasn't on the last email. I think they update their facebook even more regularly, but I don't facebook so not totally sure about that.

Belmont Station sets the gold standard in terms of maintaining a real-time inventory on their website. I wish a shop in Seattle would do that.

19. distantmantra

Beer Trader

It was on Facebook and Twitter. Works for me.

20. thebeerjunction

thebeerjunction Initiate (2) Feb 8, 2010 Washington

Hi all-- we do have plenty of the Le Terroir in stock currently. We update our website weekly with all the new arrivals.

http://www.thebeerjunction.com/#New_Arrivals

That generally occurs on Thursday when we send our weekly newsletter out. We got the Terroir in on Friday so that's why it isn't up on the website yet. With so many new arrivals each week we've found the once a week post has the most organized and easy to follow look to it (rather than having a post each day). We do post real time updates on FB and Twitter as well.

We're always looking to improve though on getting info out in an organized and timely fashion, so I'm sure we'll keep tweaking our method for the better in the future.

Cheers!

duketheredeemer and draheim like this.
  21. draheim

Beer Trader

Oops, my bad saying you don't update the site. I hope I can make it over there to grab a couple bottles before they're all gone. I've been looking high and low on this side of the West Seattle Bridge to no avail...

22. t4h2c0

t4h2c0 Initiate (64) Jun 5, 2007 Washington

I have seen it a few places around town, 22oz bottles at chucks right now...and a keg for sometime in the future

23. fsck

Beer Trader

My gripe with beer store updates isn't all that serious, but technology and beer just never seems to go together too well. Beer Junction definitely is on the better side of updates. I just see a process that nobody has really nailed yet.

But on topic, grabbed some La Terroir. That price is insane. A quick BA search shows that other states have it for upwards of $18 this year.

24. distantmantra

Beer Trader

$8 a bottle at 99 Bottles, bought two. Still can't believe they haven't corrected the pricing error.

WhiteJordan likes this.
  25. SeaAle

SeaAle Disciple (392) Jun 24, 2012 Oregon
    Beer Trader

I need to buy some before they do.

26. distantmantra

Beer Trader

I love this beer so much. So happy they made it again.

27. draheim

Beer Trader

Just opened my first-ever bottle of this. Easily my favorite beer from the Lips of Faith line.
    Now must get more. Cheers!

[​IMG]

28. libbey

libbey Initiate (0) May 18, 2008 British Indian Ocean Territory

They (NB) won't be.

29. 66jzmstr

66jzmstr Aspirant (262) Jul 17, 2005 Washington
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Malt & Vine had a single bottle left. Which is now very mine.

30. draheim

Beer Trader

I just got back from my weekly Saturday morning beer run to Chuck's while my daughter was in ballet. Apparently they didn't get the memo, bottles are $16.59. I have a feeling they'll be there for a while.

I did, however, pick up the very last bottle of Velvet Merkin from behind the counter. I wasn't even aware that one was in Seattle, don't recall seeing anything about it on here.

31. rjlacount

rjlacount Initiate (0) Jun 12, 2013 Washington

Just picked one up for $8 at 99 Bottles, looked like they had plenty left too!

32. pjdipes

pjdipes Initiate (0) Nov 18, 2012 Washington

Has this hit Snohomish County? Haven't seen it yet?

33. Mages64

Mages64 Initiate (0) Sep 7, 2009 Washington
    Beer Trader

Still plenty at beer junction and beer authority. Plenty of velvet Merkin too.

34. SeaAle

SeaAle Disciple (392) Jun 24, 2012 Oregon
    Beer Trader

Similar price at Beer Junction. 99 Bottles still had it at $8 as of last night.

35. IPAguy2009

IPAguy2009 Initiate (0) Oct 22, 2010 Oregon

It was supposed to be in the 15 dollar range just as La Folie, but there was some UPC barcode issue so it is around half of that price on shelves, error in the consumers favor!!

36. Eighty

Eighty Initiate (0) Feb 17, 2013 Washington

There isn't any live yeast/bacteria in this, is there? Cellaring it wouldn't really cause it to develop further, right? I seem to recall that's the case for NB sours in general but wanted to double check. Enjoying one right now - mighty good, and for $8 I'll probably pick up another bottle or two if I see it around.

37. distantmantra

Beer Trader

The Amarillo dry hopping also kinda makes this one hard to cellar. It falls off pretty quickly.

libbey likes this.
  38. duketheredeemer

duketheredeemer Initiate (41) Jan 21, 2007 Washington

They had like four cases out when I was there this weekend. I imagine it'll be around long enough to snag some!

39. DTSpirits

DTSpirits Initiate (0) Jan 16, 2013 Washington

I keep a running list of the new items that I bring in week to week and try to keep it as updated as possible (out of stocks, bottle limits, additions, etc.) Here's the link: http://www.downtown-spirits.com/pages/beer-1

For the record, Le Terroir should retail at $7.99, same as the rest of the LOF series, except La Folie and Transatlantique.

Cheers

40. draheim

Beer Trader

Does this mean the stores charging $16/bottle (or more) are doing a 100% markup? What's all this about a UPC error? (see above)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • Subscribe to BeerAdvocate Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.

Subscribe