Legislative Update in Texas

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by JonnyJ, Aug 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonnyJ

JonnyJ Initiate (0) Mar 30, 2012 Texas

I'm sure many of you are quite aware of the efforts to change regulations affecting small craft breweries in the state, but just in case...

http://dfwbeerscene.wordpress.com/

I recently compiled the most recent study on economic impact by the Texas craft being industry along with a House report on the current and proposed regulations. There is also info about a couple Senators who are heading up a committee of industry stakeholders to give recommendations on proposed legislation. I'm urging everyone to contact them and your local reps to express support for change. Also, tell them to make sure the macros don't get an overwhelming influence on this committee!

Thanks and Cheers!

mattisloco likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.