LIC Beer Project (2021)

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by tinoynk, Apr 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tinoynk

tinoynk Pundit (776) Sep 25, 2010 New York
    Trader

They finally announced Pile of Crowns announced for 5/15. I haven't had LIC in a while, curious to see if they're still capable of putting out a beer that lives up to the Pile of Crowns reputation.

2. jrnyc

jrnyc Pooh-Bah (2,988) Mar 21, 2010 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Last batch was really good, but some of the cans were mud. Was also depressing to be in a relatively empty LIC that day and then a full Fifth Hammer in spite of their mediocre beer.

been too long since I had LIC, any chance this beer still holds up to years past?

3. IGaveYouPower

IGaveYouPower Savant (1,046) Dec 2, 2010 New York
    Trader

Man, I don't remember the last time I grabbed an LIC. I haven't had a bad experience with these guys quality-wise but their hellaciously bad rebranding may as well be shelf camouflage.

Will for sure grab PoC if I see it, though.

4. tinoynk

tinoynk Pundit (776) Sep 25, 2010 New York
    Trader

I think Fifth Hammer is pretty decent, but their taproom is just in a vastly better location. That stretch of Vernon they're off is a bit of a hub for restaurants and bars. LIC is a bit more on its own surrounded by chop shops and warehouses, and they also have a fraction of the seating.

As for PoC this year, I'm too curious not to give it a shot even though I definitely won't have the same expectations I've had of previous batches.

5. BoardwalkBock

BoardwalkBock Pooh-Bah (2,017) Aug 18, 2012 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society

I think I’ll come out of the woodworks for this one. Grab a pack or two. Anyone else planning on going? I’d grab a drink or two if it isn’t too crowded. I’ll be fully vaccinated the week before too so that’s a plus.

6. SpinSamzo

SpinSamzo Maven (1,264) Mar 11, 2017 New York
    Trader

I will be fully vaccinated so I might stay for a beer too if others are interested. Probably would go early afternoon, don't see any point to line up.

algebeeric_topology likes this.
  7. jrnyc

jrnyc Pooh-Bah (2,988) Mar 21, 2010 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

People are going to actually line-up for this beer? Seems highly unlikely.

SpinSamzo likes this.
  8. neff_nyc

neff_nyc Initiate (182) Apr 21, 2017 New York

Only one of the eight cans I got from the last bunch wasn't oxidized, so I'm not super optimistic. But man, was PoC a good beer when it was good!

9. Msudukie

Msudukie Pundit (920) Oct 26, 2013 New York
    Trader

Anyone who gives LIC money is being generous. They have known about their canning issues for a long time yet seemingly haven’t done anything to fix them. Good luck folks!

10. SpinSamzo

Trader

Pile of Crowns is up for pre-order on their website.

11. Msudukie

Msudukie Pundit (920) Oct 26, 2013 New York
    Trader

So who has the early report on POC?

12. SpinSamzo

Trader

Picking up tomorrow

Msudukie likes this.
  13. FatSkippy

FatSkippy Initiate (0) Mar 21, 2005 New York

Having my first poc now. It’s green but tastes like I remember. In a week+ it should be a winner.

14. SpinSamzo

Trader

Got it on tap, thought it was good, but not outstanding or anything. I had pre-ordered just one 4 pack and didn't feel the need to get another.

15. algebeeric_topology

algebeeric_topology Pooh-Bah (2,028) Dec 30, 2014 Florida
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I liked POC much more from the can than having it on draft with @SpinSamzo . It's big and fruity, a little thick. I feel like there's usually a bit more onion on the cans early on than there is this year.

It was also fun to check out some of the other things LIC BP is doing including Project Haze: Citra and Road Diverged.

Higher Burnin' is still in a category all on its own!

SpinSamzo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.