Limited GABF Distro Beers 2019

Discussion in 'Mountain' started by Spaceman_Jer, Sep 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spaceman_Jer

Spaceman_Jer Pooh-Bah (1,688) Jan 27, 2015 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society

I've seen some interesting stuff showing up on the shelves over this past week in Denver, so it's my annual reminder that GABF "season" is really almost upon us. I thought it might be fun to have a little thread for discussion on interesting/tasty things that people see popping up on the shelves. It will help us locals and maybe also be a good resource for out of towners that want to pop into our local bottle shops.

I was pretty stoked to see some Revision IPAs hit the shelves yesterday at Davidsons (regular Revision IPA, Reno as F&*k, Pete's Secret 'Stache, Disco Ninja), along with a Jackie O's IPA that I've never tried (See Foam). I go back to the Bay Area frequently for work and that Revision IPA has become one of my favorite West Coast IPAs that I always seek out when I'm back there. They really know how to pick/use the Simcoe in that particular beer.

2. tylerstravis

tylerstravis Initiate (0) Feb 14, 2014 Colorado

3. Spaceman_Jer

Pooh-Bah Society

Out of all the cool stuff listed in that article, I was like "Snake River full time distribution? YES...Zonker for all!"

4. FarmerTed

FarmerTed Pundit (904) May 31, 2011 Colorado

I used to get excited for this, but now we get distro for most of the breweries I was looking to buy from. I could give a shit about ipa's, but I'm glad some are showing up that people want.

SFACRKnight likes this.
  5. ManBearPat

ManBearPat Pooh-Bah (1,813) Dec 2, 2014 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society

This is incredibly good news.
    I absolutely love Zonker and think its a world class stout... such full body for a lower ABV stout. Now I can actually drink the few I have remaining from my trip to Wyoming at the end of June :slight_smile:

sharpski likes this.
  6. Domingo

Domingo Grand Pooh-Bah (4,206) Apr 23, 2005 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society

It's unintended, but our GABF drops usually remind me how good our normal selection is and how rarely something new is truly better/different from what we already have.
    It doesn't mean those beers aren't awesome in their own right, but usually more that we already get a ton of good stuff. Especially after the grocery store law thing went into effect.

7. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Grand Pooh-Bah (3,274) Jan 20, 2012 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I still get a boner for FFF. Gonna be interesting to see what gets distro.

8. FarmerTed

Is that 3Floyds? Are they dropping beers now?

I picked up a four pack of Founders BA coffee brown ale today. In years past, this would be the sort of gabf beer I'd be looking for. I'm glad Founders is a regular now. It is a mighty tasty beer, I might add.

tylerstubs likes this.
  9. SFACRKnight

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Click that link @crobinso posted. Trillium is gonna be on tap too in some capacity. Since they're showing up that means they will be disowned by the hype bois now making their beers infinitely easier to find.

10. Spaceman_Jer

Pooh-Bah Society

I saw a big drop from CSA distribution yesterday: Toppling Goliath, 3 Floyds, Lawsons, Pure Project, Maine, Half Acre, Jester King, Old Nation.

I was excited to see some Pfriem send several saisons (first time I recall seeing that), Lawsons send a wider variety than I've seen in the past (saw Super Session and Sip of Sunshine, but also Hopzilla and a golden ale) and a bunch of pales ales from 3 Floyds that I haven't seen in the past.

sharpski and SFACRKnight like this.
  11. Domingo

Pooh-Bah Society

From what some places have posted, Toppling is now in CO. on a permanent basis. Should be interesting to see how they do. Since I'm in southern Wisconsin pretty regularly I've developed my own take on them.

Spaceman_Jer likes this.
  12. MtnSoup

MtnSoup Initiate (0) May 20, 2013 Colorado

I was also stoked to pick up 3 Floyds. Mile High told me to their knowledge they'd never sent distro out of state (to us anyway). Stoked either way, because last time I had it was at their brick and mortar. Def just a one-time/GABF drop (or so I was told).

Spaceman_Jer and SFACRKnight like this.
  13. ManBearPat

Pooh-Bah Society

Gonna try to track down some Field to Ferment today... wish me luck, pham

14. SFACRKnight

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Bruh, just buy some plane tickets and go up there. So worth it.

15. ManBearPat

Pooh-Bah Society

It worked.. thanks everyone- got both of them. Aaaand scored some of my all time favorite stout- Expedition:slight_smile:

SFACRKnight and sharpski like this.
  16. FarmerTed

Saw toppling goliath today at Mile High. Got Mexican Choco Yeti and WW BA Marzenator instead. And I don't feel like I'm missing out.

I've gone to Chicago the last four summers for a few days and have had a lot of the FFF regular offerings, and I don't feel like I'm missing out there, either.

SFACRKnight likes this.
  17. SFACRKnight

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

TG ain't shit. There. I said it. Again.

ManBearPat likes this.
  18. Domingo

Pooh-Bah Society

FFF is the one major distro I wish we'd get, but it's not that big of a deal that we don't. I love me some Alpha King, Dreadnaught, Gumballhead, Zombie Dust, etc. but I'm not really sure how well they'd even sell here.

As far as TG goes, I'll be curious to see how they're received. I feel they really benefit from their location and I'll just leave it at that.

SFACRKnight likes this.
  19. ManBearPat

Pooh-Bah Society

This.

Scratched my head after having KBBS wondering how it is the #1 beer in the world... don’t get me wrong- its great- but the best???

ChicagoJ and SFACRKnight like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.