Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

local bottle shares?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by regularjohn, Jul 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. regularjohn

regularjohn Feb 7, 2013 New Jersey

really looking to hit some bottle shares this summer around new york or jersey. do regular BA's post up in the events section? or are there some threads popping up in this section? i really wanna get involved in it more, i went to my first bottle share a few months ago in north jersey and it was just amazing, lots of chill people, great beer and food being shared for hours, definitely an experience. any info would be great, thanks for the heads up ! cheers
  2. cavedave

cavedave Mar 12, 2009 New York
    Beer Trader

If you bring some great beer with you you're probably welcome (I don't host it, but great beer is like a golden ticket) at the next one we have, which is in Ulster County, New York at the end of this month. Big plus if you are a fine cigar lover, and not a "light weight".
    merc7186, ufmj, mdfb79 and 1 other person like this.
  3. mani

mani Jun 16, 2012 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

I have yet to go to a bottle share, but would love to. MY 3 attempts thus far have failed me, my scheduling issues which sucks. I'd love to get into a fairly regular one.
  4. regularjohn

regularjohn Feb 7, 2013 New Jersey

i definitely have some great beer i'd like to share with local BA's, just don't know where to look for these events i guess lol ulster county is kind of far i was thinking something a little more local, but for future reference if i can make the trip there then absolutely
  5. Hessian257

Hessian257 Mar 22, 2011 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

There is one in NYC every couple of months that I go to from Jersey. Great beers and each one gets crazier and crazier. Great people as well. I took a video of the third share, fourth one just happened, and the fifth should be in early fall.

Its usually posted up for sign ups in the Mid-Atlantic forum before hand.
    alysmith4, ufmj and cavedave like this.
  6. merc7186

merc7186 Dec 5, 2010 New York

Buffalo BAs have a pretty regular share every 6 weeks (or so) and always welcome BAs from anywhere...here was our most recent tasting list:

mdfb79 and cavedave like this.
  7. london1o1

london1o1 Feb 14, 2003 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

What's the deal with all the tags on the beers in the video?
  8. Hessian257

Hessian257 Mar 22, 2011 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

All the beers are in one place, which is only accessed by one person in order to maintain the temperatures in the fridge and prevent everyone from going in and out. So they are all tagged with our names so they know which ones to grab.
    cavedave likes this.
  9. Moyman

Moyman Jun 14, 2013 New York

Oh shit, sign me up!!!!
  10. tobelerone

tobelerone Dec 1, 2010 New York
    Beer Trader

Really hope I can make the next round of "This is Happening." Only made it once and it was a terrific time. Got lots of stuff stashed to bring, that's for sure. If memory serves I was at a funeral last time this went down :oops:.
    Hessian257 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer Fest® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • Free Trial Subscription

Reside in the US? Interested in a free 1-month trial subscription to the print edition of BeerAdvocate magazine?

Yes! Sign Me Up!