Looking for Baltic beers

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Jtomazich8, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Jtomazich8

Jtomazich8 Initiate (15) Jul 30, 2020 Ohio

Hey everyone! I am new to this but I really want to try a Baltic beer. How do I find one or how do trades or whatever work? I’d be will to pay for some for sure! I have a really close friend who lives in Latvia and he tells me that I have to try it so I am trying my hardest to try and find some!! Hopefully you all can help me out!! Thank you all!

2. beertunes

beertunes Poo-Bah (7,361) Sep 24, 2007 Kiribati
    Society Trader

By "Baltic beer", do you mean a Baltic Porter? It's a style of dark, strong Lager, and plenty of American craft breweries make them. You shouldn't have too much trouble finding one.

If you mean a beer from one of the Baltic countries, try your local Russian market.

3. Jtomazich8

Jtomazich8 Initiate (15) Jul 30, 2020 Ohio

Awesome! Yeah I am looking for one from the Baltic countries. I will definitely look for a Russian market near me for sure! Thank you for replying!

PapaGoose03 and KRug like this.
  4. Beer_Stan

Beer_Stan Initiate (160) Mar 15, 2014 California
    Trader

Zywiec makes one of the best out there hands down(in my opinion), them and Komes. Happy hunting bud!

woemad and beertunes like this.
  5. Beer_Stan

Beer_Stan Initiate (160) Mar 15, 2014 California
    Trader

6. mambossa

mambossa Aspirant (236) Jun 30, 2015 Ohio

Not sure where in Ohio you are, but if you are in the NE Ohio region, Hansa Import House on Lorain in Ohio City (Cleveland) gets a lot of unique eastern euro import beers I’ve never seen anywhere else.

Jaycase, woemad, PapaGoose03 and 2 others like this.
  7. konstbela

konstbela Initiate (15) Jul 31, 2020 England

The best Baltic beers come from Latvia. Make sure you try:
    - Uzzavas (light and dark) - I prefer dark
    - Madonas brewery - Unfiletered is the best

sharpski likes this.
  8. Insomniac

Insomniac Initiate (125) Nov 5, 2019 Canada

Coincidentally, I had a Baltic beer last night. It was Must Kuld Porter from Pohjala Brewery in Estonia. It was very good. I guess the other two choices are Latvia and Lithuania.

9. MacMalt

MacMalt Poo-Bah (4,141) Jan 28, 2015 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Sinebrychoff Porter from Finland is one of my favorite Baltic Porters. Check Beer Menus to see whether you can get it in your area. I'd recommend it.