Looking for Boulder restaurants w/ good beer

Discussion in 'Mountain' started by joshodonn, Feb 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joshodonn

joshodonn Initiate (108) Jan 21, 2011 Florida

I have been tasked with choosing a nice restaurant for my colleagues and I during an upcoming business trip to the Boulder area. We will be staying down in Broomfield but we will have a limo for the evening to go into Boulder. I am the only guy out of the 8 that will be attending, so when asked for recommendations I said I just need a place with a good beer selection to dilute all the estrogen that I will be surrounded by. The women decided that I needed to make the decision. So anyways, if any locals have any recommendations for a moderately priced restaurant (we'll be limited to about $75-100/person including drinks) with a great beer selection I'd appreciate it!

2. ablackshear

ablackshear Initiate (128) Sep 17, 2010 Colorado
    Beer Trader

3. rkarimi

rkarimi Devotee (430) Nov 6, 2010 Colorado
    Beer Trader

It's stout month at Mountain Sun. If you're coming this month, you may want to look at their menus.

4. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard Poo-Bah (3,446) May 19, 2005 Colorado

FATE brewing has a nice restaurant

MarkyMOD and Oxymoron like this.
  5. FishPondManager

FishPondManager Aspirant (232) Feb 28, 2012 Colorado
    Beer Trader

I second fate and backcountry. Fate is probably a little better for a casual business crowd. Backcountry has better beer (serious expense account fodder on the bottle list)

6. denver10

denver10 Poo-Bah (2,075) Nov 17, 2010 New Mexico

With a budget of $75 to $100, I'd check out The Kitchen. Most expensive spot on this list, but food
    worth it if you can afford it, IMO. And you will be able to choose from plenty of great beers too, though the affordable draft list will be more limited than the other spots.

7. Jasonrm72

Jasonrm72 Devotee (406) Apr 29, 2012 Colorado
    Beer Trader

KoloradoKonet and SalukiAlum like this.
  8. spoony

spoony Poo-Bah (1,737) Aug 1, 2012 Colorado
    Beer Trader

Not that I don't enjoy Mountain Sun/Southern Sun (its the love, man), but Denver10 has the correct answer.

The Kitchen is spendy, but it has much better food than most beer-forward locations and a high-powered location on Pearl Street, as well. The Kitchen Upstairs is a bit more casual, but still has great food, a good beer list, and a high-powered location.

9. joshodonn

Thanks for the recommendations everyone... The women I'll be with are all dead set on Pearl Street so they can shop as well, so I think we'll hit up The Kitchen... I'll drink myself silly at Mountain Sun after dinner while they shop.

Jasonrm72 likes this.
  10. FarmerTed

FarmerTed Aspirant (280) May 31, 2011 Colorado

The kitchen is a really good choice; lord knows, the chicks will dig it.

11. joshodonn

Our meetings start on Monday the 24th so I'll be traveling in that Sunday and will have pretty much all day to do some exploring.. Good chance I'll end up in Boulder. I can bring some CCB goodness if anyone wants to meet up and crack a bottle or two.

12. hoppytobehere

hoppytobehere Crusader (720) Aug 10, 2012 District of Columbia
    Subscriber Beer Trader

He said nice restaurant.

13. alexipa

alexipa Devotee (435) Oct 7, 2011 Colorado
    Beer Trader

Can't go wrong with The Kitchen, The Med, or Centro.

14. saxlover

saxlover Initiate (0) May 20, 2013 Colorado
    Beer Trader

anything on the Hill will do :wink:

Zamboni332 likes this.
  15. QueerBeer

QueerBeer Initiate (0) Feb 6, 2014 Colorado

Definitely second The Kitchen. Their food is crazy good, and a great bottle list. Make a reservation and don't bother with the Kitchen Upstairs; had dinner there and then had to go somewhere else to get an actual meal.

16. CLE4goodBeer

CLE4goodBeer Initiate (47) Sep 13, 2011 Ohio
    Beer Trader

Backcountry Pizza has great beer. Food is, well, pizza and stuff.
    West end has great food and great beer but limited selection. Good bourbon and all sorts of self-aged liquor (oak barrels on the bar).
    Mountain Sun is hit or miss for both... Some really good beers and above average food but uneven experiences.

Best of luck and enjoy the city. As far as bottle stores go, can't go wrong and frequent many as they all have gems the others may be missing.

17. MarkyMOD

MarkyMOD Meyvn (1,136) Apr 5, 2012 Colorado
    Beer Trader

Backcountry has great food, you just have to get the specials (really good pizza too). Some of them rotate almost every day. Pork belly street tacos, mmmm.

ung likes this.
  18. Zamboni332

Zamboni332 Initiate (0) Jul 26, 2013 Colorado

West end Tavern , The Kitchen , Pub on Pima :relaxed:, Mountain Sun (cash only ) stout month is popping right now

19. Zamboni332

Zamboni332 Initiate (0) Jul 26, 2013 Colorado

What kinda stuff are you bringing from CCB?

20. joshodonn

not sure, I haven't thought that far ahead yet.

SalukiAlum likes this.
  21. jerichobear

jerichobear Initiate (179) Dec 6, 2010 Colorado
    Beer Trader

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.