Looking for some hotel recs in chicago

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by 305BEER, Jun 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 305BEER

305BEER Initiate (52) Jan 4, 2011 Florida
    Trader

I'll be coming up to Chicago for a wedding at the revolution in August . I've got a pretty good idea of the spots to hit but can't decide on a hotel. any locals have a recomendation or two?

2. krome

krome Meyvn (1,300) Aug 1, 2009 Illinois

It's a really big city. And there are several levels of cost/quality.
    You probably ought to narrow the question to the area you'll be in and how fancy a place you're looking for.

3. jlsims04

jlsims04 Devotee (489) Jul 14, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

Couldnt agree more with @krome you have to narrow down what part of the city and a budget.

4. 305BEER

Trader

We want to stay close to revolution where the wedding is. That looks to be the area with the most good spots to hit. Be there a few nights so in looking to keep it <150$ a night.

5. sefus12

sefus12 Aspirant (223) Sep 7, 2006 Virginia

I highly suggest taking a look at Homeaway.com. My wife and i use that website and rent apartments/condos in the Lincoln Park and Roscoe Village areas (quick train rides to Logan Square). Cost-wise it's not too different from a hotel (depending on what kind of place you rent) and you have the afforded convenience of a living room/kitchen and sometimes a parking space. Definitely more comfortable than a hotel. Only thing is you will be hard-pressed to stay anywhere decent for less than $150/night. Best of luck!

6. Jonnyhiggs

Jonnyhiggs Initiate (0) Dec 7, 2012 Illinois

@incubuscience lives right over there. He can probably let you crash at his place.

7. makisupapolice14

makisupapolice14 Aspirant (217) Jun 5, 2005 New York

Check airbnb. Booked a great spot in Logan sq not far from revolution. About $100/night during July 4th week. Huge kitchen, two beds and baths.

8. 305BEER

Trader

this looks to be the best bet. Messaged a few hosts today.

9. rynegne

rynegne Initiate (0) Sep 10, 2014 Illinois

AirBnB or homeaway for sure. It's your best bet to get close to the wedding. I would avoid hotels at all costs as they can become outrageously pricey in the summer months because there's a lot more tourist traffic...or events going on such as Lolla, Cubs vs. Cards...etc etc etc.

10. 305BEER

Trader

I was surprised how cheap the flights were and equally surprised how expensive the hotels are. Luckily it seems dense as far as places to go so we won't need to drive much except for a trip down to Munster. Currently building a google map and it looks like a challenge. a tasty challenge.

11. rynegne

rynegne Initiate (0) Sep 10, 2014 Illinois

Public transport to FFF would be difficult. But, Chicago itself is quite dense and public transport is cheap and easy via the EL. Enjoy the trip!

12. incubuscience

incubuscience Initiate (0) Jul 26, 2012 Illinois

Longman & Eagle (bar and restaurant) has a bed and breakfast above it. And fantastic selection of beer, bourbon, and food. And it's walking distance (past more great bars, restaurants, and fun things to do)—maybe 1/2 mile. can't remember nightly prices, tho

Redrover likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.