Loretto, KY

Discussion in 'South' started by ThirstT, Dec 5, 2013.

1. ThirstT

ThirstT May 5, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

My buddy is heading to Loretto just before Christmas, and I may go along for the ride. I'm wondering if anyone knows of what good beers may be available for purchase that would not be available to the Chicago market. I'd also be curious to hear of any favored bottle shops that I might visit nearby. Finally, if there are beers like BA Mex Cake and BA Huna hanging around in anyone's cellar, maybe we could begin some discussions about IP trades in your hometown.

Thanks!

2. JimDH

JimDH Feb 7, 2011 Kentucky

Some nice driving to Loretto, but you'll want to stop in Louisville for beer. Do a quick search and you should find at least two Louisville-recommendation threads on this forum.

3. ThirstT

Beer Trader

Thanks, that's good to know. Will do!

4. awhipker

awhipker Oct 15, 2010 Indiana

If you are going to Loretto you should hit up Maker's Mark. The property is beautiful, especially at Christmas time.

5. ThirstT

Beer Trader

Thanks for the advice. That is certainly in the plans!

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe