Lost Abbey Veritas 015

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by Curb71, Jan 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Curb71

Curb71 Initiate (0) Oct 22, 2012 California

Veritas 015, an American Sour with Apricots, Nectarines and Peaches will go on-sale Friday, February 6th at Noon PDT. 4 bottle limit per person at $41 a bottle plus tax. Pickup will be during 4 sessions happening March 7th and 8th at The Lost Abbey.
    [​IMG]

HaoleToYouToo and Doomsayer52 like this.
  2. grze

grze Initiate (0) Apr 17, 2012 Nevada

Looks like the madburrito was first :slight_smile:

3. Doomsayer52

Doomsayer52 Initiate (0) Nov 29, 2014 California

$41, that's more than 014, right?

Oh well. Sounds like a great blend. Shut up and take my money.

4. grze

grze Initiate (0) Apr 17, 2012 Nevada

Same price as I remember.

edit: yup:

Veritas 014 - 750 ml Bottle (Public)
    Late (12:30p-4:30) Session 11/22
    $41.00

Doomsayer52 likes this.
  5. Doomsayer52

Doomsayer52 Initiate (0) Nov 29, 2014 California

Derp.

I guess my memory is hazy.

I just seen pickup is the same weekend as Churchill's. My liver weeps.

spoonsock likes this.
  6. TheAngryBurrito

TheAngryBurrito Initiate (0) Jan 6, 2013 California

But this one is getting all of the traction - conspiracy I say!

Curb71 and grze like this.
  7. ESCO138

ESCO138 Initiate (0) Dec 10, 2013 California

$41 plus tax!! I'm thinking next year it will be $50 straight up per bottle.

I'll pass, had this more than enough times already, not worth $41.

swolepeer, Ilpalazzo and grandmachine like this.
  8. SDReaper

SDReaper Defender (679) Aug 15, 2013 California
    Trader

inb4 website slow down and nexternal shit show, followed by many posts of ppl "never buying LA bottles again!"

9. Curb71

If I had a nickel...

grze likes this.
  10. ph1ogic

ph1ogic Initiate (0) Jan 8, 2015 California

got em coach

11. dcbullet

dcbullet Initiate (122) Dec 18, 2013 California

Looking forward to not succeeding in getting a bottle again. :grinning:

Wowcoolman likes this.
  12. 3SH33TS

3SH33TS Initiate (0) Dec 21, 2010 California

Another peach sour. Yay.

(I keed, I keed, but half srsly tho)

grze, Ilpalazzo and TNeedles like this.
  13. TNeedles

TNeedles Initiate (0) May 11, 2013 California

Can anyone confirm if they allow proxies? They always arrange the pickup window when I have a mandatory business trip. :slight_frown:

14. IggyWH

IggyWH Initiate (0) Aug 19, 2014 California

No proxies

15. EZEZ

EZEZ Initiate (0) Jul 2, 2010 California

no proxies

16. mmikey8

mmikey8 Initiate (0) Aug 2, 2012 California

You can always ask your Proxy to purchase the bottles

17. bnelson997

bnelson997 Initiate (0) Jun 4, 2013 California

Rather hilarious to see people pre of this up FT... SMH... I shall just buy em and dome em all! Isn't that the proper way?

ESCO138 likes this.
  18. UCLABrewN84

UCLABrewN84 Initiate (0) Mar 18, 2010 California

Clearly you don't BA... :wink:

19. mmikey8

20. SDReaper

Trader

Assuming I secure bottles, all V015 will land a place in my stomach...or maybe 1 bottle will mysteriously land on the doorstep of a trading buddy up north.

21. mmikey8

22. SanDiegoJoe2011

SanDiegoJoe2011 Initiate (0) Nov 30, 2014 California

So bottles are on sale through Lost Abbeys website? Is navigating their site pretty simple on bottle sale days? I don't want to be trying to figure out where to look on Feb 6 at Noon.

Note: Sorry if this is a dumb question, but some websites are not at all intuitive. Lost Abbey's seems pretty easy to navigate though.

Thanks!

#22 SanDiegoJoe2011, Jan 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  23. reefer_bob

reefer_bob Initiate (0) May 13, 2014 California

How much of a shit show are these releases?

Is it smooth, or is it pretty crazy?

24. TTC

TTC Initiate (71) Jul 16, 2013 California

I went to V013. It was totally super duper easy. Pickup had like no wait. Lines like a normal weekend at Lost Abbey. Breaking the sessions up = awesome idea.

EDubLovesBeer likes this.
  25. Curb71

Yes Bottles are on sale through their website and last time it was fucked up if I remember correctly (or maybe that was barrel night). They provided a link to their store front which did not display Veritas so you either had to search for it or go to all products and scan the page for it each time you refresh. I ended up missing out and it sold out before I figured that out. Myself and a few others voiced our opinion about how bad it was done and when it came around time to buy the extra Veritas 014 bottles, they fixed that issue and provided an exact link an hour prior to the release like I asked.

These releases/Nexternal are the king of shit shows. A couple releases ago (maybe I'm thinking of DDG) it took them HOURS to get back online. Except it to be terrible. That way if it goes even slightly well you'll be happy.

V014 was the same for pickups. Real easy. Got 1 taster however they didn't have shit on tap worth buying. I got my bottles and taster and left.

SpecialAgentDaleCooper and grze like this.
  26. SDReaper

Trader

Looking forward to the beer and pickup day, not looking forward to the inevitable nexternal shitshow.

I appreciate that they are trying to keep things local and use a company based out of Carlsbad, but I hope that they complained enough that maybe nexternal has fixed or improved some of their issues. I think one of the big ones was basically like a lack of a counter of sorts. So 400 bottles available, and 800+ could be added to carts. If you aren't quick enough then the 4 you thought you had were sold to someone with faster typing skills. I would think that would be relatively easy to implement assuming there is an option for LA to enter in "we have X bottles for sale" and then just a countdown as they are added to the cart.

grze likes this.
  27. FrogOut69

FrogOut69 Devotee (489) Sep 24, 2013 California
    Trader

I can't even read any further before I have to reply and say that this post has made my day.

28. SierraJosh

SierraJosh Initiate (0) Aug 13, 2013 California

This beer sounds awesome, I for one never tire of stone fruit sours...need this in my life! Never had any of the Veritas series, kinda curious, do they use the same sour base and then age each version with different fruit? Or are these beers totally unique each release?

29. Xul

Xul Champion (813) May 18, 2008 California
    Trader

It's a valid gripe, but I would be surprised if it has changed. Controlling inventory when it's added to the cart vs. when it's actually paid for is an architectural decision when you're building an ecommerce platform, not something you would just tack on later. It certainly could be done, but if Nexternal's other customers aren't asking for it - which they're probably not, since it has fairly limited use - they would ask Lost Abbey to fund the custom development required to change how inventory is controlled. At that point, Lost Abbey would almost certainly decide that pissing off their fanbase a few times/year is the cheaper and easier solution.

30. SDReaper

Trader

Makes sense, and I only have very basic scripting knowledge so I definitely do not know what it would take to implement something like this except something very quick and dirty.

I guess I can hope, but as you said, it probably isn't super likely. I guess I will just spam their twitter assuming they provide a direct link again and memorize my CC info so that I can just either type or copy/paste it all in real quick.

31. GhettoFabulous

GhettoFabulous Initiate (0) May 29, 2010 California

It will be fun watching newby Cali traders get their Kiwi Herman on with these (i.e., overzealously flood the trade forum with FTs and thus ironically torpedo the values of their bottles in an attempt to maximize returns).

Auror, EDubLovesBeer and SUBER like this.
  32. smithj2154

smithj2154 Initiate (0) Apr 10, 2013 California

In my limited experience this strategy isn't limited to "newby" Cali traders.

33. GhettoFabulous

GhettoFabulous Initiate (0) May 29, 2010 California

That's true. I am especially fond of the Great Boltcutter Debacle of 2012.

smithj2154 and heatwaves like this.
  34. VegasHopHead

VegasHopHead Initiate (171) Jun 21, 2012 Nevada

It seems there is some issue every release. DDG it was a 4 hour delay, v13 was just extremely slow, barrel night didnt provide a direct link, and v14 was sold out in 30 seconds only it really wasnt and most people got bottles after it said sold out. I wonder what this release will bring.

35. HaoleToYouToo

HaoleToYouToo Disciple (342) Mar 26, 2014 Hawaii
    Society Trader

36. SDReaper

Trader

Unicorns will rain from the sky and everyone will get a raise at work.

Lucnifter and grze like this.
  37. SanDiegoJoe2011

SanDiegoJoe2011 Initiate (0) Nov 30, 2014 California

Glad I could make your day. Perhaps you could enlighten me as to why my quote "made your day?"

From the sounds of it, one shouldn't expect this to be as smooth as BPT releases.

38. SDReaper

Trader

Not even close.

39. FrogOut69

FrogOut69 Devotee (489) Sep 24, 2013 California
    Trader

No.

40. HopHead84

HopHead84 Poo-Bah (3,729) Nov 29, 2006 California
    Society Trader

Where did you have Veritas 015?