Madden's Beverage - Saco Maine

Discussion in 'US - Northeast' started by mrz200, Sep 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrz200

mrz200 Jul 11, 2013 Massachusetts

for anyone heading up to ME for the weekend and looking for Portland beer without actually going into Portland, check this place out. they are a few minutes from Barrled Souls.

everything Alligash, plus Lone Pine, Mast Landing, Lunch & Another One (@ $6/ea), fresh Epiphany, and Definitive, which the sales guy made sure I bought and he was totally right about. Yet another Industrial Ave winner.

even scored some Proclamation Tendril & Derivative, and sadly passed on Upper Pass, Sip & Super Session.

great store, super helpful & knowledgeable workers.

The Maine beer landscape is impressive right now and only getting more so.

mattyg2k and Kozaka like this.
  2. mattyg2k

mattyg2k May 5, 2017 Maine

Always my go-to place. A cool tidbit - the store owner's son is a co-owner of Lone Pine.

mrz200 likes this.
  3. marcrgrenier

marcrgrenier Apr 22, 2015 New Hampshire
    Trader

I love Maddens as well, I work in the area a few days each month and usually stop by. They have a great selection, but you do need to check dates on the cans. There were several cans recently which were dated early May (see Proclamation Tendril). While not terribly old, its older than I prefer for IPA like that. Prices are on the high end as well, with sip at $15.50 plus tax/deposit which is on the steeper side.

4. Rysk22

Rysk22 Nov 12, 2014 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.