Magnum Share OC/LA/SD

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by PeprSprYoFace, Jul 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeprSprYoFace

PeprSprYoFace Savant (938) Feb 18, 2008 California
    Trader

Me and the RSM bottle share group guys came up with an idea to have a share where we only drink Magnums. Who is interested? Thinking some time in Sptember. Gives some time for people to trade for some if you need.

You would only bring one mag. Any more and you have to bring your wife or girlfriend or something. 1 mag per person. Doesn't need to be anything crazy but we will have a sign up sheet so the same beer isn't brought twice. Would be cool to make this an epic once a year share or something. Let me know if you have any ideas too. Also where to have it that is nice and central to the majority of peeps

2. KevSal

KevSal Meyvn (1,079) Oct 17, 2010 California
    Trader

this sounds awesome! good luck getting it off the ground, if i still had my mag of Supp, and no kids, id attempt to make it haha

lucky person who calls dibs on bringing the 3l arrogant bastard :grinning:

PeprSprYoFace and whiskey like this.
  3. whiskey

whiskey Disciple (320) Feb 25, 2012 California
    Trader

I think you might need 2 people to every magnum! Or you're gonna have a lot of wasted beer or a bunch of seriously f'd up BA's.

4. pinballplayer

pinballplayer Disciple (335) Jul 2, 2014 California
    Trader

Not sure if any Stone Berlin magnums will be ready by September, but later in the year or early next year we should get a group together and crack some of those.

PeprSprYoFace likes this.
  5. whiskey

whiskey Disciple (320) Feb 25, 2012 California
    Trader

It's Double bastard. And that's 100 ounces of 11% beer. Oh, and I call 3l of DB :wink:

6. Earlycsquid

Earlycsquid Devotee (489) Jan 7, 2013 California

What's the cap on how many Symmetric Orchestra's that are going to show up? Great idea, but like mentioned already, 1 person per 3L is a shit ton of beer wasted or people wasted.

7. JFA77

JFA77 Initiate (0) Nov 6, 2015 California

Hi Everyone, I'm new fairly new to the site. This thread caught my attention. Is there anywhere I could go to buy a few Magnum or larger size bottles? Is there a shop that specializes in 1.5L, 3L, or 6L bottles?

8. cquiroga

cquiroga Initiate (177) Oct 14, 2004 California

You guys know a magnum is 1.5L, right?

3L = jeroboam

ryno09 and pinballplayer like this.
  9. cquiroga

cquiroga Initiate (177) Oct 14, 2004 California

1.5L per person would be a hefty amount, but doable, over a whole afternoon/evening. Sounds fun...

... oh! except for the fact that very few breweries package in 1.5L bottles, so it could be a pretty limited audience of people (or an extensive Anchor Our Special Ale vertical)....

If you're actually talking about magnums, I know there's Hair of the Dog,some Belgians that nobody cares about anymore for whatever reason (Duvel, Gulden Draak, Chimay Blue), and.... probably some dope-ass homebrew?

3L per person is too much berr. But a lot more options. Still ridiculous. Also still fun. I'd say make it two people per jeroboam to make sure people live to tell the story.

10. Miruguy

Miruguy Initiate (173) Nov 22, 2010 California

I'd be up for it if it's near South County. I have a batch 8 HotD Fred I've been holding on to since about '98. I brought another one to one of the first Clusterforks and it seemed to hold up pretty well.

KevSal likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.